Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Unbound Collection: Holston House Downtown Nashville REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:47 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Looks like an interesting new hotel, to open by December 2017 (but still wondering why I promote this after the 20-night WOH Diamond/Elephant Promotion Desaster)

HRI Properties, LLC and Hyatt proudly announce the naming of the Holston House hotel expected to open December 2017 in the heart of downtown Nashville, Tennessee. Located within an iconic 88-year-old art deco building at 118 Seventh Avenue North, just one block from the renowned Lower Broadway area, Holston House will provide guests with the ideal location to explore the vibrant streets and many unique destinations of Nashville. When the property debuts in December, it will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, a collection of unique, story-worthy stay experiences.

The 191-room hotel will feature six suites, including two signature 12th floor Bungalow Suites, a fitness center, and a series of food and beverage offerings including a lobby lounge and rooftop bar. Holston House will feature 3,000 square-feet of flexible meeting and event space, which includes ample function space on the first level, a boardroom, and a 439 square-foot skyline room with a private terrace, bungalow bar and folding glass doors leading out to the rooftop pool.

Full press release:
http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123603

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160926006392/en/HRI-Properties-Hyatt-Announce-Plans-Hotel-Join
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Only six suites booooo
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:16 pm

Special promo code VIPOFF until march 31, 2018. Pretty good deal. Half parking, 3x points, 40 f & b credit.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Special promo code VIPOFF until march 31, 2018. Pretty good deal. Half parking, 3x points, 40 f & b credit.
Has anyone stayed there yet?

I received this in the mail as well. I am in Nashville for work almost every other week for 2-3 days at a time and just booked this hotel at $172/night to try it out. With only Hyatt Places in the area this should be a nice change of pace.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
What is F&B credit?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:49 pm

Food and beverage.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:23 pm

Has anyone actually stayed here yet? Hyatt is more of a backup brand for me but the rates they're offering now are significantly lower than other properties in Nashville for March (Renaissance, Marriott Union Station, Marriott)
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Has anyone actually stayed here yet? Hyatt is more of a backup brand for me but the rates they're offering now are significantly lower than other properties in Nashville for March (Renaissance, Marriott Union Station, Marriott)
I stayed here for the first time last week and really liked the hotel. Friendly and attentive staff, nice design, bar etc. Not sure if you have any status with Hyatt or not, but as a Globalist I was thanked for my loyalty, received an apology for no suites being available but given an upgrade to the largest room they had available (deluxe room) without having to ask, offered late checkout until 4pm and given free breakfast in the restaurant.

While most of these things are supposed to be given to you for being a Globalist anyway, it was nice that the were preemptively given, as its becoming more and more common to have to ask for these things all while receiving a response that appears as if like you are inconveniencing them.

As far as the hotel design, it reminds me of Andaz meets Great Gatsby. Old art deco building built in 1929 and they kept a lot of the original elements.

If I had any complaints, it would be that the breakfast menu/offering was quite limited and I did not receive the triple points for using the VIPOFF code that I received as a mailer.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Will be there the next couple days if there are any special requests - will report back on bed, gym, Glob breakfast, etc.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Will be there the next couple days if there are any special requests - will report back on bed, gym, Glob breakfast, etc.
Any and all info would be appreciated!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Great property - very happy with it, love the boutique feel. Some highlights:
  • Central location, 5 min walk from all the fun on Broadway (though not a ton a block in each direction around it)
  • Super nice and helpful staff
  • Gym is quite high quality given the smaller size of the hotel - good equipment, kettle bells, full bench rack, other added value stuff
  • Breakfast for Globs is a 30 credit - restaurant on site is awesome, entrees are about $15 and are high quality & filling...can do a couple sides too
  • Rooms are very cool, nice vintage yet modern style
  • Suite was available when I checked in but was late and didn't push for it - got a Deluxe room which was just fine for my needs
  • Didn't have a true desk but a nice bench-type thing at end of bed and a table you could pull up. Doesn't seem that comfortable/functional but I had no issues or discomfort sitting there for a couple hours each day working
  • Great bed/bedding
  • Didn't need it but there is parking in a lot across the street, not sure of rate, prob cheaper than valet
Curious to also try the Thompson on a future visit but would definitely come back to HH.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Any recent data points? I will probably be in nashville a couple days in February, and there is a current chase promotion for $75 off a $250 charge from Joie De Vivre/Unbound/Destination hotels. There is a winter warm up rate of $176/night, but the hyatt house downtown is half the price. Leaning towards the hyatt house, it's only a couple of blocks away, but it would be nice to try something other than a hyatt place/house.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Here's a recent video from 4th of July weekend- breakfast was being served in TENN and credit was more than adequate for a full meal. Brunch was happening over the weekend so used some of mine for a hot chicken sandwich! Used a suite upgrade to confirm in advance on the holiday weekend!

krazieman and PTahCha like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here last weekend, Nashville was packed with a big sporting event going on so booked directly in to a suite. The room was really spacious, had a half bath that was good for having visitors (we had several meals in the living area). Bathroom is spacious but is shower-only, no tub. I was worried about noise with the party vibe around town but it was mostly a quiet scene. Breakfast was high quality, on one of the two days a charge showed up for the tip but it was taken off after I inquired. Overall, a great stay highly recommend.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by TNLONTraveller
Stayed here last weekend, Nashville was packed with a big sporting event going on so booked directly in to a suite. The room was really spacious, had a half bath that was good for having visitors (we had several meals in the living area). Bathroom is spacious but is shower-only, no tub. I was worried about noise with the party vibe around town but it was mostly a quiet scene. Breakfast was high quality, on one of the two days a charge showed up for the tip but it was taken off after I inquired. Overall, a great stay highly recommend.
What benefits do Globalists get at the property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.