Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best use of free nights from CC signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Would appreciate some tips about the best use of free night vouchers - in Asia, Australia or Europe. Where can I get the best value?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:00 pm

Park Hyatt properties would likely be the best options - PH Tokyo, Sydney and Paris, Milan or Zurich... and Vienna would all be great options.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Aug 7, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Find a place that you really want to go to that has a nice Hyatt, and use it there.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Find a place that you really want to go to that has a nice Hyatt, and use it there.
Some sound wisdom here. No point in spending thousands to fly somewhere to save hundreds on a hotel room.

The OP's question seems a little like FT clickbait.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Park Hyatt properties would likely be the best options - PH Tokyo, Sydney and Paris, Milan or Zurich... and Vienna would all be great options.
Have stayed at PH Sydney & Tokyo - the former can't be beaten for its views and the latter for its service

How do the PH hotels in Paris, Milan, Zurich & Vienna compare in terms of rooms and service with Tokyo, for instance?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
Have stayed at PH Sydney & Tokyo - the former can't be beaten for its views and the latter for its service
If you're truly making the hotel itself your number one priority, why not be adventurous and try the Andaz Singapore?

If being adventurous isn't your thing, then you owe it to yourself to check out Andaz Tokyo.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happened to Hyatt Place Tucson?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:00 am

A couple years ago, I used my two nights at PH Paris and Andaz Tokyo. The following year, I 'encouraged' my husband to use both nights at Andaz Tokyo. We were already going to these cities, so it worked out perfectly. There is no denying that PH Vendome is over the top in luxury and gold-plated everything. However, I preferred the modern meets traditional zenish vibe of the Andaz. The rooms are very large and well-designed. The absolutely perfect pool area and the view are icing on the cake. I thought about checking out the PH Tokyo, but I think I would still prefer the Andaz. Both hotels are routinely over $500/night, but the Andaz is typically cheaper than the PH.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Kinda shocked this question hasn't been asked a bunch before.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:23 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by puchong
Would appreciate some tips about the best use of free night vouchers - in Asia, Australia or Europe. Where can I get the best value?

I agree with hailstorm. This is something very individual and "value" is personal. While I do not like the Park Hyatts, I'd pick a Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency. Not keen on Andaz, disappointed with the Centrics so far. For Instance, I have used my free Cat 1-7 night at the HR Scottsdale/Gainey Ranch, which I believe is a Cat 5. Prefer that hotel WAY OVER e.g. PH NY.

So... what will you do with this information? do what hailstorm says is my suggestion, too.

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 8, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'll also add that the Ziva/Zilara is a good option for getting very high value and also getting a good product. No, not as luxury as some of the PHs, but still a fantastic value since it's all inclusive. It's pretty easy to save $500-$1000/night.

And, it is incredibly relaxing to go someplace and just have everything covered; food, snacks, drinks, etc.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:52 am

I'm using my free nights at PH Sydney.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: CO
I'm having trouble booking these online. My free nights are showing but when I go to book it only gives me the points option. I'm just booking one night at a time. Any fix?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nikbruno
I'm having trouble booking these online. My free nights are showing but when I go to book it only gives me the points option. I'm just booking one night at a time. Any fix?
Dumb question: are you signed in when doing this?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you're truly making the hotel itself your number one priority, why not be adventurous and try the Andaz Singapore?

Is that even open? Would be quite the adventure to spend a free night on an unopened hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.