Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 night award in Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Japan is first and foremost a country where customer is king.
And by not answering a simple question you show you have no clue that they are strict with maximum occupancy.

It is a problem, and the property should be contacted in advance before showing up with one or two additional children.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by RTW1
And by not answering a simple question you show you have no clue that they are strict with maximum occupancy.
Which question might that be?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
Have you done it in Japan?
Plenty of examples here where properties in Japan are strict on occupancy but some are willing to work with you to find a solution if you contact them.
Don't give advice that there's no problem in booking for less occupants than will be staying.

And the question was for using the free night certs during the holiday period, making it even more difficult.

Last edited by RTW1; Jun 22, 2017 at 1:09 am
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

I have a sent an email to all 3 properties ( PHT, GHT and Andaz ) to see if they will consider my request. I will update this thread once I hear back.

Thanks for all the suggestions/feedback
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I have a sent an email to all 3 properties ( PHT, GHT and Andaz ) to see if they will consider my request. I will update this thread once I hear back.

Thanks for all the suggestions/feedback
I'd scratch the GHT off your list. Very tiny base rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And the other properties didn't have base rooms available anymore....
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

It's been more than 24 hours since I sent the emails and haven't received response from any of them yet. I don't know if it's too early but I am just not feeling good about getting a positive response.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
It's been more than 24 hours since I sent the emails and haven't received response from any of them yet. I don't know if it's too early but I am just not feeling good about getting a positive response.
4 people in a two person room in Tokyo. Odds are not good for a positive reply.

My fingers are crossed for you.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern
4 people in a two person room in Tokyo. Odds are not good for a positive reply.

My fingers are crossed for you.
I'm hoping that they will respond to my request with an option that would allow me to use the certs and pay some cash for a bigger room.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Suggest you make the reservation first, then email the hotel to explain your situation and ask nicely if they would accommodate or any other arrangement can be made. That usually would work. Dont show up with extra persons than the reservation allowed without communicating with the hotel first.

Have you done it in Japan? If so, why not provide names of the international chain hotels as examples?

Japan is a country very strict on rules.

Some European properties also are very strict on how many people allowed in a room for Fire Regulations.
I recently stayed in Tokyo, RSVP for 2 adults and showed up with 2 small kids. No problem at all
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Then be precise please, what property and what was your room type?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:50 pm

How about reservation for 3 and show up with an additional 1 yr old. Will that be an issue too?
I think you would be safe in that scenario. Will you be needing a crib, though? Be sure the standard bedding will accommodate everyone else if you need a crib.

I would contact the hotel ahead of time to let them know you need a crib. I wouldn't necessarily say anything about the second child.

Japanese hotels are very by the book, but when dealing with very small children/infants they will be more flexible. Of course, be prepared to pay a supplemental charge if the hotel makes an issue of it. YMMV.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:46 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
PHT told us by email that four to a room would be fine (two kids under 10). In fact, most of the hotels in Japan with whom we communicated by email told us that four to a room would be fine, even though their websites would not allow it be booked that way.

Most of these same hotels charge a significant amount for a rollaway bed (> $100 per night), but that seems to be the way it is in Japan. PHT may be an exception, as they are letting us have a rollaway for free (but they said no rollaways in the base room).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by RTW1
Then be precise please, what property and what was your room type?
Due to "popular" demand, here is the list of hotels in the Tokyo area where I stayed with 2 adults and 2 kids in one room: Andaz, HR, PH, Conrad, Hilton, Hilton Odaiba, Hilton Tokyo Bay, Sheraton Yokohama, Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay, ANA InterContinental. I could also add some properties in Hakone, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Okinawa, etc., etc., but the topic here is Tokyo.
After living almost 20 years in Japan, I don't recollect every detail, but at some stays we contacted the property beforehand, sometimes we just appeared with 2 or 1 "additional" children after booking for two or three persons only. Some stays were with top status, some without.
You should also take into account that the OPs children are only 6 and 1. No international chain hotel in Japan, which allows 3 adults in one room, will EVER refuse accommodation to a family with the fourth person being a one year old toddler.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

GHT - "Please kindly be informed that you may use 2 free award nights to book at Grand King or Twin room. Please kindly proceed to reserve for 2 adults and let us know confirmation number(s). We will update children's information in our system"

Andaz - "We are unsuccessful in providing availability on your requested dates as it shows that the Andaz king and Twin rooms are sold out already. It is with much regret that I bring you this news as I appreciate your desire to stay at Hyatt."

Should I wait for PHT?

Last edited by Stivelio; Jun 22, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.