2 night award in Tokyo

Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:30 am
Original Poster

2 night award in Tokyo

I am pretty new to Hyatt program and so this is the first time I'm trying to redeem to 2 night cert that came up with chase hyatt card. I'm trying to find options to redeem for 2 nights in Tokyo for 12/25 - 12/27 but don't seem to find any available options. Can somebody please let me know if that is indeed the case or if I'm not searching correctly?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt each have availability on points for 12/25 and 12/26. The Park Hyatt and Andaz do not.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
The Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt each have availability on points for 12/25 and 12/26. The Park Hyatt and Andaz do not.
It's an obvious waste to spend the 1-7 certificates on the Cat 3 Hyatt Regency. But the GH is certainly nice enough...

You need to be mindful of minimum stay requirements around the holidays. Sometimes Hyatt IT can't cope online.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's an obvious waste to spend the 1-7 certificates on the Cat 3 Hyatt Regency. But the GH is certainly nice enough...

You need to be mindful of minimum stay requirements around the holidays. Sometimes Hyatt IT can't cope online.
i would like to put them to good use but looks like I cant use them for the day's I need and I can't see doing another trip before they expire next year
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt
I think it's the number of people that is not showing me this same availability. We are 2 adults + 6 yr old + 1 yr old
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's the major reason, combined with the holiday period.... almost impossible.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I think it's the number of people that is not showing me this same availability. We are 2 adults + 6 yr old + 1 yr old
Try searching with only 2 adult? Some locations along with holidays or weekends requires a minimum of 2 day stays. Good luck!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You cannot make a reservation in Japan and then just show up with 2 additional children....
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
You cannot make a reservation in Japan and then just show up with 2 additional children....
How about reservation for 3 and show up with an additional 1 yr old. Will that be an issue too?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The problem is that none of the base rooms allow this occupancy... and that's only what your free nights are good for. You could contact the property after you make the reservation and work something out, for a 1yr old that might work.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
How about reservation for 3 and show up with an additional 1 yr old. Will that be an issue too?
In have done something like that countless times. It was never an issue at an international chain hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suggest you make the reservation first, then email the hotel to explain your situation and ask nicely if they would accommodate or any other arrangement can be made. That usually would work. Dont show up with extra persons than the reservation allowed without communicating with the hotel first.

Originally Posted by shonanroger
In have done something like that countless times. It was never an issue at an international chain hotel.
Have you done it in Japan? If so, why not provide names of the international chain hotels as examples?

Japan is a country very strict on rules.

Some European properties also are very strict on how many people allowed in a room for Fire Regulations.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:43 pm

Did you check the ANDAZ one of the best hotels in Tokyo. I stayed there two free nights on the award certs a few years ago. Incredible property if you can get it.

Sometimes it helps to call directly and or send email to the GM. They may be able to give you an indication if/when award nights may open up.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you done it in Japan? If so, why not provide names of the international chain hotels as examples?

Japan is a country very strict on rules.
Japan is first and foremost a country where customer is king.

As this is a Hyatt related thread, HR Tokyo and Andaz Tokyo are just two properties which come to my mind. ... and we are talking about 6 and 1, and not about 16 and 11.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Japan is first and foremost a country where customer is king.
Unless what the customer wants is against the rules.

No one says "no" so politely as the Japanese.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.