Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Austin Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Hyatt Place Austin Airport

Have not seen a new thread for this hotel and it has six reviews on TripAdvisor, so guessing it is a new property and starting a master thread. This hotel is on airport premises - it's next door to the Hilton, for those familiar with AUS - and so it's a quick jaunt to the terminal. Parking is free, although it requires validation at the front desk each time you leave. Gym equipment seems brand new, and wi-fi is reasonably strong. Rates are reasonable (~$145) for the Austin area, although it would be foolish to stay here if you wanted to actually explore the city. Rooms are quiet given the airport location.

Downsides: staff seems pretty new and brusque, with little knowledge of the Hyatt brand. Booked a King Accessible room on short notice thanks to a flight cancellation and was not upgraded despite the fact that there was a King Accessible Suite available for purchase on the website. (I didn't ask to be upgraded, to be fair.) Room still has a bit of a foul smell, which might just be the new materials. There's a worse (but different) smell outside the lobby.

In all, a useful airport hotel and another welcome Hyatt addition in AUS.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steveholt
Downsides: staff seems pretty new and brusque, with little knowledge of the Hyatt brand. Booked a King Accessible room on short notice thanks to a flight cancellation and was not upgraded despite the fact that there was a King Accessible Suite available for purchase on the website. (I didn't ask to be upgraded, to be fair.)
That's normally the case at an HP....

The "best room available" policy excludes HP's...... status normally gets you nothing at an HP under WOH, maybe just a bottle of water.

Last edited by RTW1; Jun 20, 2017 at 6:11 am
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How walkable is it from the terminal late at night (backpack only)?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by azepine00
I would like to know too.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I would like to know too.
you could but there’s not really sidewalks or stop lights for crossing. I wouldn’t recommend it.
lsquare and WVmike like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's normally the case at an HP....

The "best room available" policy excludes HP's...... status normally gets you nothing at an HP under WOH, maybe just a bottle of water.
I was surprised when I read this in the T&C the other day. Seems so strange to exclude such low-tier brands which are becoming more and more of Hyatt's footprint.

Here's the full section from the T&C for OP:

(c) Best Room Available: Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including Standard Suites and rooms with Club lounge-access. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The “best room” may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member. Best-room-available benefit includes only Standard Suites (where available), which are defined as rooms within each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category. Premium, Specialty, Premier, Presidential, Diplomatic, and other suites other than Standard Suites are not included in this benefit. Not valid at Caption by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination Residences, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
you could but there’s not really sidewalks or stop lights for crossing. I wouldn’t recommend it.
It’s really not that bad a walk. Most of it is through a parking lot, then you make it across the pay booth plaza which is well lit and people will be driving slow if they are there at all (but yeah, no crosswalk). Then there’s a grassy area which is a bit of a valley so make sure to use a flashlight at night, then there is a 2-3 lane road to cross but it’s not so busy that it’s tough to get across.

There is a shuttle that would be more convenient but I wouldn’t hesitate to walk if it’s more than a 15 minute wait for the shuttle.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by azepine00
Here's feedback from the Austin, TX area Hyatts thread about walking to the terminal from the HP:

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks.

Does very close mean a hotel shuttle? Or is it walkable? It doesn't sound like it's actually *at* the airport.
Originally Posted by DELee
Both. HP AUS is on airport adjacent to the Hilton: https://goo.gl/maps/gspqcKM7KjXAMnbf8

Google Maps says ~1 mi if you walk the loop road (Presidential Blvd). If you cut through the parking structure and across the parking lots, probably half that.

David
Originally Posted by skj
The property normally runs a shuttle to the airport terminal, but I don't know about its status or frequency these days. It's probably walkable too, depending on luggage ... It is in the vicinity of the airport, but not attached or immediately adjacent to the terminal. Here's a map of the airport showing the HP's location. The Barbara Jordan terminal is the primary terminal although a couple of airlines use the South terminal.

print_campus-map (austintexas.gov)
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I stayed at the HP AUS Airport in October -- I would not suggest walking; the area is not set up for that. When I arrived, I called the property and the shuttle was there in 5 minutes.
David
lsquare and WVmike like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wanted to bump this property's thread to get any feedback on how good the sound abatement is in the rooms as well as comments about recent experiences with breakfast and parking given its location at the driving entrance to AUS.

Thanks!

David
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Wanted to bump this property's thread to get any feedback on how good the sound abatement is in the rooms as well as comments about recent experiences with breakfast and parking given its location at the driving entrance to AUS.

Thanks!

David
When I was there in May, breakfast was fine (typical HP fare) and parking was not an issue. I don’t recall any issues with sound, either from other rooms or from airplanes.
WVmike likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
When I was there in May, breakfast was fine (typical HP fare) and parking was not an issue. I don’t recall any issues with sound, either from other rooms or from airplanes.
Thanks!

David
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

Thanks!

David

​​​​​​Stay here pretty often (live in north San Antonio, and flights out of Austin are ridiculously cheaper.)

Only parking problem is that a lot of the upfront are for small or fuel efficient vehicles.

Breakfast is good, my kids love the sugar infused waffles. Staying there tonight
I should also mention the globalist welcome goodies are fairly tricked out, water, chips, kind bar, reese's PB cups all have made their way into the bag at points. Again, kids are big fans.

​​
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charlie9
​​​​​​Stay here pretty often (live in north San Antonio, and flights out of Austin are ridiculously cheaper.)

Only parking problem is that a lot of the upfront are for small or fuel efficient vehicles.

Breakfast is good, my kids love the sugar infused waffles. Staying there tonight
I should also mention the globalist welcome goodies are fairly tricked out, water, chips, kind bar, reese's PB cups all have made their way into the bag at points. Again, kids are big fans.

​​
Got it. Simple Explorist here so we'll get none of the goodies but the points is key for my interest and hopefully less noise than our stay at the Manchester GH earlier this year with the fighter departures out of North Island.

David
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Overall, a great stay at 5,000 points a night (instead of $200 out of pocket). It's nice staying at these newer Hyatt Places- and was especially impressed by the gym at this one.

Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Wife and I stayed there this weekend and were upgraded to a suite albeit an accessible suite. Room was nice with a separate kitchen and living area. We enjoyed it and noise was not a problem. Staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle was prompt and convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.