hyatt mlife loophole

Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:17 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, does anyone tried matching to Hyatt recently? Clicking 'Opt in' on mLife website it redirects me to to the following page on Hyatt website: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-match.html which doesn't really show up (just seeing a blank page).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, does anyone tried matching to Hyatt recently? Clicking 'Opt in' on mLife website it redirects me to to the following page on Hyatt website: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-match.html which doesn't really show up (just seeing a blank page).
Hyatt probably changed the relevant URL. I think you need to go to this page instead: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...rewardslanding
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:31 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by beltway
Hyatt probably changed the relevant URL. I think you need to go to this page instead: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...rewardslanding
Thanks. I'm trying to match my mLife status to Hyatt. Can I do it via this link? It drives me to the mLife page to match from Hyatt.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:19 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by beltway
That page shows Hyatt Globalist (and Explorist) are both matched to mLife Gold. However, I think that Hyatt Globalist matches to mLife Platinum.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:34 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
That page shows Hyatt Globalist (and Explorist) are both matched to mLife Gold. However, I think that Hyatt Globalist matches to mLife Platinum.
Nope. They only match to Gold now.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
What's your basis for this thought?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:50 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
nope, with WOH that has changed... Globalist is only mLife Gold as per the T&C.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What's your basis for this thought?
Because I'm mLife Platinum (I just checked). This cannot possibly be due to my high-rolling ways. I stay in Vegas every year or two, choosing a property near the low end (such as NYNY) and always post the points to Hyatt. I probably joined mLife the very first day that the partnership was announced. Perhaps mLife will keep their long-term Plats at Plat status? Not that it's terribly important anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Because I'm mLife Platinum (I just checked).
mLife status lasts until the end of September. You'll drop to Gold after that.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:14 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Because I'm mLife Platinum (I just checked). This cannot possibly be due to my high-rolling ways. I stay in Vegas every year or two, choosing a property near the low end (such as NYNY) and always post the points to Hyatt. I probably joined mLife the very first day that the partnership was announced. Perhaps mLife will keep their long-term Plats at Plat status? Not that it's terribly important anyway.
well - I have to status-match every year (when I anticipate traveling to LAS), and after reading the new WOH T&C, I noticed it mentioned Elephants being matched to gold. So in February 2017, under the GP terms I status matched. Obviously only valid till 30 Sep.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
nope, with WOH that has changed... Globalist is only mLife Gold as per the T&C.
Lets see if I understand correctly. Hyatt made it harder to reach Globalist. But the reward you get is memorable: FEWER benefits at mLife.

Or ... perhaps ... mLife would gladly match "Diamond" to "Platinum". But mLife has no earthly idea what a "Globalist" is, so it matches to Gold.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by HAT
I get the same blank page.
I have a feeling that they have closed the loophole so no more automatic matches to Hyatt from MLife.
I guess at this point the only way to do a match is by calling them where they will review the accounts manually, which means they will probably deny match requests for MLife memberships that were earned from matches in the other direction.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by agjil
I get the same blank page.
I have a feeling that they have closed the loophole so no more automatic matches to Hyatt from MLife.
I guess at this point the only way to do a match is by calling them where they will review the accounts manually, which means they will probably deny match requests for MLife memberships that were earned from matches in the other direction.
A week later and this webpage still doesn't work. Matching from Mlife Gold -> Hyatt Explorist looks dead online.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I expected to drop to gold today, but I'm still Mlife Platinum. Hmm. Maybe they're just slow to change it.

Previously, I was able to get my wife the same status, but at some point we got 'disconnected'. I called in to get her upgraded to my status but they said that they don't do that for Mlife status through a partner. Maybe they've cracked down on this? Might still work in person at an Mlife desk, though.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I have called reservations and asked them to upgrade the Mlife status when I hit Exp and Glob this year. Both times I was advised that the status link could take up to week, so call ahead of time, but it did go through.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.