Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Anyone get a response after they sign up with their email?
Old May 24, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Guessing this is still going strong.
Why guess? It has a listed expiration date of September 30th.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by businessworkflyer
Ridiculous, I work for a $100+ billion dollar biopharma company, and my company is not on the special Hyatt list!
You should repost in the DYKWIA thread.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:47 pm

Is anyone else having issues registering for this promotion?

First, for two weeks, the link they email you to complete registration (after entering your info on Hyatt's site) wasn't working.

Now, finally, the link to complete registration worked. And it said "Congratulations! You're registered" blah blah. I was suspicious because I didn't receive any confirmation email and the confirmation website is generic (no identifying info to clarify CodeAdam10 specially is registered) so I called Hyatt and I'm being told I'm NOT enrolled in the promotion. And I'm getting the 'we don't want to help you!' attitude. They say to go back to my travel department manager and tell them the issue so they can fix it. They can't !!! It's not a problem on my employer's end! It's the dianasour IT infrastructure of Hyatt!

Very disappointed in the way this promo is being handled. The lack of support from Hyatt is UNREAL.

What if I took the 'Congratulations! You're registered!' at face value and didn't call in and went ahead spent $6-8K to do 20 nights? Only to find out I was never registered!? HAH! This is all such a joke. They either want my business or they don't. But no need to waste my time or treat me like a baby instead of offering solution when I call in.

I keep telling the supervisor I have proof your site says 'You're registered!' But that apparently doesn't mean squat to Hyatt. In no uncertain terms I was told that I could be trying to take advantage of the promo when I'm not eligible so Hyatt can't help me and only my travel department can help me. What a joke! This is NOT how corporate offers work. I rarely get ticked but Hyatt has finally managed to tick me off. Your website is Congratulating me on registering yet you have no record of it nor do you care that I have followed through on all steps of registering and wasted 2+ weeks.

SAD! SAD! SAD!

Last edited by CodeAdam10; Jun 17, 2017 at 8:57 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
@CodeAdam10 did you get any resolution to this? Everyone I've spoken to at Hyatt seems to wash their hands of this offer and to talk to your travel department. But I wonder if you stay the 20 nights if it will work regardless.

edit: in my case, if I click on the link in the registration email again, I get a different page saying that I have already registered for the promotion, so this makes me think everything should be okay.

Last edited by sxc; Jun 24, 2017 at 4:02 am
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by sxc
@CodeAdam10 did you get any resolution to this? Everyone I've spoken to at Hyatt seems to wash their hands of this offer and to talk to your travel department. But I wonder if you stay the 20 nights if it will work regardless.

edit: in my case, if I click on the link in the registration email again, I get a different page saying that I have already registered for the promotion, so this makes me think everything should be okay.
No I didn't bother after my dilemma above. I give up. That's the problem with so many companies and their offers...either the offers are a free-for-all overly generous "everyone can match to Diamond" or the offer is super strict and restrictive that no one can break the 'secret code word' and it completely, utterly defeats the purpose. Hyatt doesn't care. I tried.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:28 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Has anybody had any luck or updates with this? Do they actually send you anything on email?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zol
Has anybody had any luck or updates with this? Do they actually send you anything on email?
Not me. I gave up trying.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Not me. I gave up trying.
Someone At Hyatt probably came to their senses and saw how much of an insult this was to folks who are now forced to spend 60 nights to qualify
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas
Someone At Hyatt probably came to their senses and saw how much of an insult this was to folks who are now forced to spend 60 nights to qualify
Doubt it.
bbbb likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by martinplas
I was offered this at a HP I was at last week. I told her I already qualified for this year with 60 nights and they told me that it couldn't hurt to sign up for this promo since our company was being highlighted at this location. I did get a liter size bottle of water though so maybe they are right!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
A few people at my company signed up for this and were immediately upgraded from discoverist to explorist.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:44 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by itsallgood
LOL! Even IHG's better than this crap.
Hey-IHG prides themselves on being the worst.

Just kidding, been with IHG and SPG since moving from Hyatt and they're no better and no worse. Just bigger. A little more expansion and Hyatt may be in my sights again. Or, maybe MR/SPG can take them over. That would be exciting.

Of course, you can't beat the price points at IHG, though I've noticed Hyatt coming close and sometimes better lately, i.e. Chicago suburbs for a Sept trip Sat to Tuesday.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Got my notification tonight that I requalified through 2/2019 based on this promo. Anyone know if this is enough to generate TSUs? I can probably still push to 60 nights total if needed. But of course there are other uses for those night as well...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Got my notification tonight that I requalified through 2/2019 based on this promo. Anyone know if this is enough to generate TSUs? I can probably still push to 60 nights total if needed. But of course there are other uses for those night as well...
TSUs and qualifying for Globalist are decoupled now. TSUs need 60 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.