Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Old May 11, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then could Hyatt be targeting companies with which they would like to have corporate rate agreements?
My company has an agreement and is eligible.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Same here. Company has an agreement and is eligible (typical Silicon Valley based international IT with a gazillion world wide offices).
Did anybody receive an email so far? I was told by Hyatt Concierge on Twitter that I need to go through our travel department.
I can see the promo link on the intranet but it 404s.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Is it just me that isn't outraged that much by this offer since the qualification for Glob seems to require that you are currently an Expl (and so have a decent stay history)?
And you won't get any of the Glob benefits until you have stayed 20 nights?

It's a far better logic that handing out Diamond status as it was done last year....
Old May 11, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Same here. Company has an agreement and is eligible (typical Silicon Valley based international IT with a gazillion world wide offices).
Did anybody receive an email so far? I was told by Hyatt Concierge on Twitter that I need to go through our travel department.
I can see the promo link on the intranet but it 404s.
my company of similar metrics has yet to populate the match on their internal travel site. Pointers are old and to old status match which 404s at Hyatt. Likely same Co.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RTW1
Is it just me that isn't outraged that much by this offer since the qualification for Glob seems to require that you are currently an Expl (and so have a decent stay history)?
And you won't get any of the Glob benefits until you have stayed 20 nights?

It's a far better logic that handing out Diamond status as it was done last year....
However, it's still the case that anyone with an email address from one of the targeted companies can stay 20 nights rather than 60 and get Glob benefits, including upgrades at check in, which is an example of a zero sum benefit. I don't want to lose my upgrades to such people. I also don't like overcrowded lounges or seeing hotels cut back on lounge offerings because it's too expensive to offer free F&B to so many people.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

However, it's still the case that anyone with an email address from one of the targeted companies can stay 20 nights rather than 60 and get Glob benefits, including upgrades at check in, which is an example of a zero sum benefit. I don't want to lose my upgrades to such people. I also don't like overcrowded lounges or seeing hotels cut back on lounge offerings because it's too expensive to offer free F&B to so many people.
I don't think so, they have to qualify as an Explorer first or have done that last year already.....
Old May 11, 2017, 10:59 am

I don't think so, they have to qualify as an Explorer first or have done that last year already.....
Yup, that's my read too. I'm a current Explorer, at 25 nights so far this year, will only be able to get to 45 or so, and figuring it isn't really worth pushing to stay at hyatts. This challenge would work for me, as I could time my 90 days to get to almost 20 naturally and then add a couple of random extra nights. For someone in my position, this is actually good marketing, bc it will induce a few extra nights out me this year and keep me tied to Hyatt for at least one more year. And I'm currently at least something of a "real" customer and not a total fake status vulture (although not sure they'd agree). Too bad I work for the govt and won't be eligible.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:29 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
It's 10 nights to get E* to Feb 2019 and 20 nights to get G* to Feb 2019.

From the T&Cs at https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/elitetier.html

Explorist Trial: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with standard membership or Discoverist status will receive a trial upgrade to Explorist status for 90 days (Explorist Trial Period). The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) as part of the trial. To maintain Explorist status through February 2019, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period. If member completes at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period, member will receive Globalist status through February 2019. If member earns a new elite status through this offer, his/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the applicable requirement.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's not my understanding of the offer.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
The lounge issue is interesting because they'll also cut back with too FEW guests. If Regency Clubs become Ghost Towns, they are not going to put much money into a club where just a few people wander in.

This move will fill the clubs after ex-Diamonds depart. If not, they'll start putting Globalist qualification tokens in boxes of Cracker Jacks.

Don't forget that in addition to overcrowded Clubs, suite upgrades without a TSU will remain scarce.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's not my understanding of the offer.
You are right.... I was distracted by the Globalist trial and didn't see you could also reach Glob under the Explorer trial....

Last edited by RTW1; May 11, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old May 11, 2017, 11:58 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This leaves little doubt:

Globalist Quick-Qualify for Current Explorists: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with Explorist status will have the opportunity to earn Globalist status through February 2019 by completing at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide within 90 days of registration.

With no status you can only apply for an Explorer trial (and my assumption is thoese two cannot be combined, but knowing Hyatt I' probably wrong).
Did you read the T&Cs posted just above this ? It's 20 nights in 90 days to G*, regardless of the status (or lack thereof) at the start of the 90 days.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I did, just after posting.... seems those with status get a lesser deal. But at least they can use their Explorer certs to get lounge access for those 2nights.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
The lounge issue is interesting because they'll also cut back with too FEW guests. If Regency Clubs become Ghost Towns, they are not going to put much money into a club where just a few people wander in.

This move will fill the clubs after ex-Diamonds depart. If not, they'll start putting Globalist qualification tokens in boxes of Cracker Jacks.

Don't forget that in addition to overcrowded Clubs, suite upgrades without a TSU will remain scarce.
My post that you quoted mentioned "upgrades at check in." This includes suite upgrades without TSUs as well as other upgrades to higher category rooms that haven't been confirmed in advance.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Katlor
Now that I think about it, this could have been planned from the beginning of WOH. They set a ridiculous number of stays to achieve the highest tier, knowing most people wouldn't even begin to hit it. Then once they are on track to have gotten rid of most of their highest tier individual customers, they institute a status match to attract what they are thinking of as easy money-- people on business stays with expense accounts from big companies. They'll also now know where those people work so they'll be able to dole out perks based on how much they're trying to get that company's business, or how hip they think the company is, or whatever. This explains a lot of the WOH marketing which had little substance but seemed trying to reposition Hyatt as an expense account hotel for young business travelers.
Sounds like it. But if this goes like it does with the fad to make high-priced, micro-living apartments with shared suite/common space/co-living arrangements for such demographic group, the business will likely end up realizing that they'd do better by marketing to a broader demographic group with more traditional arrangements.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.