Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bsdstone

Speaking of the club lounge...WOW, the service in there has been nothing short of amazing! There is an indoesian woman who works the evenings (I forget her name), but she is amazing...the best club attendant I've ever seen. Addresses you by name, waits on you hand and foot and is as sweet as can be!
I agree, that lady is fantastic. She makes the evening happy hour special. They must make sure to keep her around.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist
Agree as well. I believe her name is Aprilla.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I used a suite upgrade for my upcoming stay...anyone know what suite I'll be given?
What did you end up getting? I am doing the same for an upcoming stay.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
What did you end up getting? I am doing the same for an upcoming stay.
I'm 99% sure it was called an executive suite. It was really nice and very spacious, especially by European Standards.
We started in room #334 and then were moved to room #220 directly across from the club lounge. I was a little worried about noise from people coming in and out of the lounge as my wife is a very light sleeper...we never heard a peep!
The bathroom had two bid sinks, a separate soaking tub, and a shower with a rain shower and hand held that could be run at the same time.

Both the bedroom and the living room had a 55" Samsung TV that had both Miracast and apple tv I believe, plus a host of american channels.
There is a nice couch, chair and desk, along with a large walk in closet...I was very pleased with our room!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:51 pm

Thanks bsdstone. Do you have any photos of the suite? I will be there next month.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I agree, that lady is fantastic. She makes the evening happy hour special. They must make sure to keep her around.
In addition to being lovely, the evening attendant can do certain front desk tasks as well: request late checkout, re-program keys, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Thanks bsdstone. Do you have any photos of the suite? I will be there next month.
I've got a bunch of photos of the property -- not a suite but a Club room.

http://singleflyer.com/2017/09/16/hy...terdam-review/
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I've got a bunch of photos of the property -- not a suite but a Club room.

http://singleflyer.com/2017/09/16/hy...terdam-review/
That's a great review, thanks. This property looks like it might be one of the better HRs in the entire system.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Unfortunately, I don't. Sorry.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's a great review, thanks. This property looks like it might be one of the better HRs in the entire system.
Thanks! To me it felt more like a Hyatt branded property rather than a Regency. Or maybe a mix between Andaz and Centric.
bsdstone and cruisingmickey like this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:38 am

Staying here and was upgraded to a Regency Executive Suite (used a upgrade to get the Regency Suite and then hotel upgraded me one more level). Room is very nice - very plain, but overall functional and the bathroom is really nice with heated floors. The club lounge was great - a lot of high quality food and excellent service. Breakfast at the restaurant is nice too. I actually like it better than the Andaz, which for some reason never refills their salt/pepper shakers.

Biggest downside so far: room temp wont go above 75F / 24C. Its a tad too cold for the winter months if you like your room toasty. The bathroom is the warmest place in the room.

This is likely my new go to hotel when travelling for business. Close to metro line and wasy 20-25 min walk to Dam Square area.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by olouie
Biggest downside so far: room temp wont go above 75F / 24C.
That's a typo, right?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:13 am

That's a typo, right?
Nope. At least not according to what the thermostat maxes out at
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
That's a typo, right?
+1
If the room temp is above 68 in the winter, then it's too hot for sleeping for me. I like the properties where you can open the window when it's cold outside.
Nothing better in the morning to get you going than a nice cold room and fresh air.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 23, 2017 at 9:20 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Any recent reports of globalist breakfast still offered in the restaurant? Hyatt would not confirm on Twitter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.