Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I didn't ask for a hot dish but I did mention this on checkout and they seemed surprised that other Hyatts offer this. They did make a note of this so maybe it will change. However, I suspect there is no restaurant/ cooking area near the lounge since you enter from the second floor and go down to the first floor. The restaurant is at the other end of the hotel on the main (level 0) floor
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:19 pm

does anyone know what the suite is for the tsu? anyone stay in a suite here?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Yes, breakfast was also in the lounge and was limited. There was no hot food and no toaster. Just cold foods, bread, and boiled eggs
They encouraged me to go to the Restaurant for my Globalist breakfast, but the croissant, yoghurt, juice and coffee were fine for me.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:26 pm

does anyone remember when you have to stay by for the opening offer? the opening offer was a reduced rate for staying 2+ nights and 3000 points. i have one booked and hyatt says it is for stays until the end of july.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
does anyone remember when you have to stay by for the opening offer? the opening offer was a reduced rate for staying 2+ nights and 3000 points. i have one booked and hyatt says it is for stays until the end of july.
As I remember the offer is valid until the end of June
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That is my recollection too...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
To those of you who have been to the club lounge at this property, is it worth using a club upgrade certificate on it? Are the rooms any nicer than standard, and is the breakfast option decent?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
To those of you who have been to the club lounge at this property, is it worth using a club upgrade certificate on it? Are the rooms any nicer than standard, and is the breakfast option decent?
Breakfast in the lounge is spartan - they gave me my Globalist breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Markie
Breakfast in the lounge is spartan - they gave me my Globalist breakfast in the restaurant.
Hmm, that's too bad. I just switched to Hyatt this year and crossed the Explorist threshold this week, but probably won't make Glob until after my stay in Amsterdam. I guess I'll just save my cert and cross my fingers for an upgrade to a "view" room since the club seems like it has little value.

What was your impression of the property otherwise (location, rooms, etc)?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Going to Amsterdam for the first time as an adult with my wife in September. Considering splitting time between here and the doubletree centraal station.
Any comments on location of the Hyatt for walking to touristy things?
Anyone know when the lounge will be open?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The location is fine.... not in the middle of the center but most sights are just a few minutes walk away and there's plenty of public transportation nearby as well. I actually prefer the area to the more touristy locations (like the central station).

The lounge has been open for a while... reports haven't been that great but they could have improved, and Globs have reported getting breakfast in the restaurant.

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 21, 2017 at 8:45 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:32 am

I'll echo the above comment. The HR location is good, much more 'neighborhoody' than the Central Station area and close enough to the core than getting to all the sites is easy. In addition, the metro and three different tram lines are within a block or two of the front door. From my perspective, the only downside to the location is that it is not as picturesque as the Andaz (there are no canal views at the HR), but it comes at a substantially lower price point.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thanks for all the feedback!
I ended up booking the Centraal DT for the first two nights we arrive. Taking the train from the airport and being centrally located for the first two nights was appealing and I'm trying to do this trip on the cheap...only enough points for 2 nights there right now.
Booked the Hyatt Regency for the next 3 nights on points and used an upgrade to get a Regency Suite.
Looking forward to our stay and will report back once I'm done with it in September
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Thanks for all the feedback!
I ended up booking the Centraal DT for the first two nights we arrive. Taking the train from the airport and being centrally located for the first two nights was appealing and I'm trying to do this trip on the cheap...only enough points for 2 nights there right now.
Booked the Hyatt Regency for the next 3 nights on points and used an upgrade to get a Regency Suite.
Looking forward to our stay and will report back once I'm done with it in September
I've stayed at the DT Centraal. Breakfast is excellent. The rooms are TINY. I mean it, quite small. If you are a couple you're going to be squished. It's a busy hotel but in a walkable area to the canals and such. Tourists everywhere when you walk (so not quiet). The DT does have courtyard views however which reduce noise and sadly, light.

Re the Hyatt, the price is right. And so are the C&P rates. Hard to beat when other hotels like the W and IC are charging hefty rates. How is the gym here? And I have those 4 club lounge certs that I won't use... might as well use em here. As explorist - am I limited to the club lounge breakfast? I suppose so. How do I redeem these CL certs?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
The gym is located on the ground floor and has plenty of natural light. Being brand new, it's in great condition; the spa area is located underneath the gym in the basement. The gym has some free weights, several weight exercise machines, a stretching area, 3 treadmills, two elliptical machines, one stationary bike and one recumbent bike. By way of comparison, I found it superior to that of the Andaz. It's also easy to get over to the Amstel for a nice longer run from this location.
365RoadWarrior likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.