Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - No Night Credit if you Check-in After Midnight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - No Night Credit if you Check-in After Midnight?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
In the olden Golden days the would have jumped in right away to correct or clarify.

In the new world of Hyatt they are lurking only. Last online 9:4am today. Last post: March 31.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...concierge.html

Draw your own conclusions.
If the representative checks in here regularly, at least the OP can try sending a PM. It's pointless if the person rarely logs in, although they could nevertheless reading FT anyway without logging in.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bjk497
I had a 4 night stay April 25-29 on p+c (arrived well before midnight) also showing as 0 eligible nights, so this could be another hyatt it issue and a mistaken rep. I'm awaiting response in why I had 0 eligible nights
Probably a different issue where the property has coded a false rate code.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by josephstern

From the Global Contact Centre:

Thank you for contacting World of Hyatt.

I understand the importance of your concern. However, please note that in order to receive the qualified night for your stay, member should check-in before the 12 midnight. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience it causes.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your World of Hyatt account.

"should"???
I can't imagine that their policy actually includes the word "should".
Does their policy credit stays with a checkin after 12:01 am or not???

inconvenience???
It's not an inconvenience, it's just Hyatt choosing to deny the points.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RTW1
It's an IT issue that when the property has reset the system for the day (anytime during the night) and you then check in (or you have already checked out) that you miss the night.... has been happening for years, so not really a WOH issue. and something you should be able to get fixed by contacting the property.
Hanlon's razor suggests that it is not a (malicious) policy, but if the root cause is an IT issue that has been known for years, not fixing it *is* malicious. Also, compounded by a terrible customer service response.

What say you, @J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport ?
Old May 6, 2017, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by josephstern
No night credit. Points, yes. But no night.

I inquire. I would have had to check-in before midnight to have gotten night credit.

Amazing.
When I read your title and post, I was getting ready to reply that you probably misunderstood something or that it was all your own fault, you know, gang up on the OP and defend the company...

But then I kept reading. Wow...I can't believe Hyatt is actually this stupid. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
Old May 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
Could this be solved by online check in? If so, then there is a reason for OLCI.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by NewMexFlyer
Could this be solved by online check in? If so, then there is a reason for OLCI.
Don't blame the customer for Hyatt's s__ty IT, and shittier customer service followup.

If my flight is delayed, and I get on the ground late, it's still my responsibility to know that Hyatt's system is broken, and find a way to check in online before midnight?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Lately customer service seems to consist of relying on very flawed IT and very little flexibility to think for themselves.... it's now "computer says no".

About the same stupidity as counting all nights based on the checkout date and not having the sense to see what's wrong with that.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:08 pm

I ran into this many times a year ago with Hyatt. First time I checked in at 1am and they said no credit (Diamond in old program). Got it escalated high up, one of their execs finally, after weeks of back and forth, credited the night but said it was a one time and I should check in before the hotels 'audit' time which usually is between midnight and 2am.

From then on, I just called in to check in as I had 20+ visits to that hotel after midnight and thats a lot of nights. Pain in the ... - switched back to spg cause of it.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ftiacwbihaloi
I ran into this many times a year ago with Hyatt. First time I checked in at 1am and they said no credit (Diamond in old program). Got it escalated high up, one of their execs finally, after weeks of back and forth, credited the night but said it was a one time and I should check in before the hotels 'audit' time which usually is between midnight and 2am.
Wow. Their next brand will probably be Hyatt Hostels and all current properties will transition to it over time. Doors will be locked at midnight.

Unbelievable.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:49 pm

That is beyond belief to me. Frankly, if that happened to me, I would probably stop staying at Hyatt over that alone. I think it is that egregious.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Reach out on twitter or HUCA.

This has to be wrong? I believe I checked into Andaz AMS around 1AM and still got a night credit??? I will have to double check.

If not this might be the nail in WoH for me as most years I don't have this years level of spend.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ftiacwbihaloi

From then on, I just called in to check in as I had 20+ visits to that hotel after midnight and thats a lot of nights. Pain in the ... - switched back to spg cause of it.
Betweeen midnight and 2 am is a pretty big interval of time. Is one also supposed to call the hotel to ask when they run their audit and hope that one gets a correct answer?
Old May 6, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I had this issue years ago at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Boston. I checked in in the wee hours of the morning for 3 rooms. It had been coded as a no-show, so none of the points posted (I don't remember if the night posted). The fact that no-show charges didn't or don't count is a separate outrage, separate from the fact that I wasn't a no-show.

I of course submitted this for a correction. I got some points in the recalculation, but I was never convinced it was all of them since the point calculation can be very opaque. Then I gave up.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

This has got to be a mistake. I've had numerous check-ins past midnight -- it's almost standard when arriving SIN or BKK from the US -- and never a problem. Sure, very occasionally these show up as no-show (like 1 in 20 stays), but I'd be floored if Hyatt had actually come up with this rule. There are lots of poorly thought-out disincentives to staying at Hyatts built into WoH already (e.g., "don't hit 60 nights too early in the year"); do we really need to add "don't book a Hyatt if there's a chance that you're arriving past midnight"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.