Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Old May 9, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I had an opportunity to give them my feedback when calling to apply a TSU to an upcoming stay. All the hotels I tried the TSU for in this city said all the suites were booked already, which prompted me to ask to speak to a manager to let them know how things are going under WOH.

I told them that all I've heard from Hyatt since the switchover is 'no'-- no TSU upgrades, no suite upgrades at the check-in, and that even things that are published benefits have been denied at check-in or check-out (e.g. I've been told by Front Desk clerks that resort fees are not waived for Globalists even though that is a published benefit).

They said they were recording my feedback, but the reaction on the phone from the manager that I was speaking to was very WOH-like in that it was basically, "oh, well that's how it is now, every property is different and you don't always get these benefits at every property."
Old May 9, 2017, 5:37 pm

What property was this? Name and shame has to be a continuous activity so people know what places to avoid if possible, and if not, to be prepared to be treated a certain way and to fight.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Katlor
I had an opportunity to give them my feedback when calling to apply a TSU to an upcoming stay. All the hotels I tried the TSU for in this city said all the suites were booked already, which prompted me to ask to speak to a manager to let them know how things are going under WOH.

I told them that all I've heard from Hyatt since the switchover is 'no'-- no TSU upgrades, no suite upgrades at the check-in, and that even things that are published benefits have been denied at check-in or check-out (e.g. I've been told by Front Desk clerks that resort fees are not waived for Globalists even though that is a published benefit).

They said they were recording my feedback, but the reaction on the phone from the manager that I was speaking to was very WOH-like in that it was basically, "oh, well that's how it is now, every property is different and you don't always get these benefits at every property."
You don't get published benefits at every property? Seriously? Is this some alternate Kaftaesque universe?

Is WOH (whoa) really a device to empower hotels at the expense of whatever elite guests might still be left?
Old May 9, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by antonius66
What property was this? Name and shame has to be a continuous activity so people know what places to avoid if possible, and if not, to be prepared to be treated a certain way and to fight.
It wasn't one property, I called the main Hyatt line and tried to use the TSU at three different properties in one city and they all said 'no upgrades available'. It's not a special event weekend, either; rates aren't high.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
The WoH got off to a bad start with that ridiculous AMA on Reddit, the peculiar choice of names, the marketing like it was a lifestyle brand to enhance your overall health and it has gone progressively downhill.

On the other hand...............we do get water. FREE WATER at the Hyatt folks.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:00 pm

A lot of confusion in WoH as others have mentioned. Another frustrating thing is that for "Globalists" you get club lounge access and if the property doesn't have a club lounge you get breakfast in the restaurant. However for "Explorists" the definition of club lounge access is different in that here it doesn't convey breakfast. Considering only HRs and GHs have Club Lounges, while Andaz's and PHs don't, I think the Explorist benefit is pretty useless. I'd love to see them allow those 4 free passes to be used the same way Globalists get it which also would reduce confusion and make the Explorist status slightly more meaningful. Giving a free breakfast when people value it most (likely on vacations) can help make up for the fact that qualifying for Globalist is so much more difficult now.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by terpfan101
A lot of confusion in WoH as others have mentioned. Another frustrating thing is that for "Globalists" you get club lounge access and if the property doesn't have a club lounge you get breakfast in the restaurant. However for "Explorists" the definition of club lounge access is different in that here it doesn't convey breakfast. Considering only HRs and GHs have Club Lounges, while Andaz's and PHs don't, I think the Explorist benefit is pretty useless. I'd love to see them allow those 4 free passes to be used the same way Globalists get it which also would reduce confusion and make the Explorist status slightly more meaningful. Giving a free breakfast when people value it most (likely on vacations) can help make up for the fact that qualifying for Globalist is so much more difficult now.
Agreed - that was a very messy distinction, and it basically means no benefits for middle-tier members outside of hotels with clubs. So, for me, I care about Globalist or nothing at all. The mid-level tier (still confused on the name) won't help me much - unless I'm in Hong Kong.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I did a 1 night mattress run over the weekend to get the night in place for my much longer upcoming vacation and received a survey.

I rated the hotel and treatment appropriately, but when it got to the WOH section, I basically blew them a new one Let's see if the member engagement team gets in touch with me.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:01 am

An update on this.

I received an email back from the GM of the property indicating he would be forwarding my WoH comments to the appropriate people since they are very interest in comments from loyal members.

In other words, if you get a survey, make sure you fill it out.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
An update on this.

I received an email back from the GM of the property indicating he would be forwarding my WoH comments to the appropriate people since they are very interest in comments from loyal members.

In other words, if you get a survey, make sure you fill it out.
The real big issue is none of the complaints appear to be causing any changes... outside of perhaps the change in careers of a former Hyatt VP.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Well, I think it's a bit too soon. If they're collecting the information, it will take a while to compile and digest.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:25 pm

Another update

I too got an email from the member engagement team wanting to speak with me.

Has anyone actually spoken to them yet?
Old May 17, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I too got an email from the member engagement team wanting to speak with me.

Has anyone actually spoken to them yet?
Yes. Several emails and two calls.
The contact confirmed that the general issues I brought up sound valid and unfortunately also well-known.
On a few individual things - mostly around the inability to use the TSUs - the contact told me that she'll reach out to the hotels and follow up with me.

I've done 90% of the talking and she mostly just acknowledged and apologized. There was no clear indication of what might change or when changes might come.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Yes, see my posts on pg 3, ~ post #41 to give you an idea of what they asked
Old May 17, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Have they bothered to reach out to anyone who has completely dropped Hyatt?

I went from 35 nights last year to zero so far (seven award nights booked), so no opportunity to fill out any survey.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.