Search

Hyatt with Nice Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt with Nice Lounge?

Hi

I am looking for a Hyatt that I could spend 8 nights in with a nice lounge.
To answer the why? I am currently booked into the Park Hyatt Saigon and Siem Reap for 4 night each. BUT I had an accident this week, broke my right ankle and left kneecap. SOOOO Cambodia is not looking so appealing. I've been living in a hotel in Australia. Since I am going to be home bound anyway I figure a change of scenery would be nice.

I've been looking at the Asian properties. I really just looking for a decent lounge?

Bali is out, since the lounge is open air. And I just spent 8 nights there in February.

My first choice would be Hyatt, so I can maintain my status. BUT maybe I need to let it go......

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hong Kong?

Decent champagne and a great view.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also Macau, even better than HKG in terms of food and beverage. These days, lots cheaper too.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I second Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. Great breakfast and canapy.Also does a nice afternoon tea.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
HR Phuket has a nice lounge. Excellent BBQ food and, because it's hilly, they have a golf cart service to carry you around.

PH Siem Reap is an excellent property. Obviously you would miss out on Angkor Wat and no free food, but the place is an oasis for some R&R.

But presumably you should be thinking about being close to decent medical service and/or somewhere reachable with a decent Business Class to fit your leg with cast?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
craigthemif
I did HR Phuket last year and you are right it's quite hilly. It was relaxing but man, it was those hills were a work out!

Free food is not really motivation, just a place to park myself for hours on end. Airline tickets are not an issue. I have plenty of miles and my current ticket is sort of refundable.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The Danang HR might work for you....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:54 am

Good luck with your recovery. Maybe the Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok? If you'd like 8 nights where there is a nice lounge and the they give you personal attention, that would be a good choice. Also less expensive than the GH HK.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Also Macau
Is it safe there to have a short stopover there? I heard many contradicting stories about safety in Macau!!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not World of Hyatt, but how about the RC in Hong Kong? It's not cheap, but their lounge has about a half dozen different areas/rooms within, so it would be less boring for you and you also would thus have an easy way to escape from annoying people in the lounge. They do five food presentations per day and are open overnight for smallish snacks (like cheese and crackers) and beverages.

This hotel shares a building with a modern upscale indoor mall, including restaurants and even an ice skating rink, and the W Hong Kong. When you start being more mobile, you could do some indoor walking without facing uneven sidewalks, etc.

You can arrange for staff from the hotel to meet you at the Kowloon airport express train station (in the basement of the mall) and handle luggage.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Kuala Lumpur no contest if you just want to lazy around all day. Especially if you get a room with the petronas view
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:48 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is it safe there to have a short stopover there? I heard many contradicting stories about safety in Macau!!
I haven't heard of safety issues in Macau. And the hotel quarter where the Hyatt is seems exceptionally safe. I had a very pleasant stay at the Hyatt in Macau. I like the water view at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by rambutan
Good luck with your recovery. Maybe the Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok? If you'd like 8 nights where there is a nice lounge and the they give you personal attention, that would be a good choice. Also less expensive than the GH HK.
Yes, and GH BKK lounge staff will make an extra effort to make your stay as easy as possible. I was ill (prior to and) during a stay there a few years back and they did go to great lengths to look after me.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:25 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I've never had the slightest problem. I even found it easy to avoid the baccaret tables since the minimum bet was never lower than HK$1000 and often much higher.

There is one good show worth seeing and it's very close to the Hyatt. It's called "House of Fire and Smoke" or something similar. Discounts are often available.

There are free shuttles that get you around everywhere.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: Lots
GH Istanbul doesn't seem to get a lot of praise but I found the lounge there to be excellent. Although I guess it's on the Europe side so not really Asia. GH Amman was also quite nice as far as offerings although I think it was being renovated when I was there and they had a temporary location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.