Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt Needs Your Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Amazing that they do this in Spring 2017, and not Spring 2016
Didn't you hear? Their focus groups loved WoH
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
Didn't you hear? Their focus groups loved WoH
And now they carefully selected austin_modern for validation
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Anyhoo - at least we know they're querying their clientele. No clue why I would be selected.
From talking to random folks at Hyatt, I've heard lots of people say that at least some decisions (e.g., getting rid of desks in rooms, making more communal spaces) are direct attempts to market to younger demographics.

I'm pushing 50 and really want a desk in my room, and I talk to people all day when I'm traveling, so I don't want to talk to more people after I get to my hotel.

Austin, not to be too personal, but are you closer to the younger demographic or closer to my older demographic?

It would be interesting to see the groups they are targeting.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think they're getting a ton of negative feedback from not only us, but from blogs, and from customers telling people in the hotels.

I know a few people working in various hotels, and they all kid me about the new program, the name of it, and how many other guests are saying how disappointed they are.

I'm also sure they've seen quite a drop off in reservations this year so far.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Its working.

I think they were really shocked when the disastrous AMA with Jeff Z went pear shaped on Reddit. I went from 25-30 nights a year to maybe 5 this year. Those 5 nights absolutely I leave/will leave polite feedback about my staying elsewhere due to WoH.

The real kick in the shins for me, wasn't the product but the marketing of a 'lifestyle' brand rather than a points program.

Lets hope we can influence some changes.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Austin, not to be too personal, but are you closer to the younger demographic or closer to my older demographic?
1st of all, likely they are doing a series of these meetings with different folks in different geographies. May just happened to be austin. I'm mildly surprised there havent been others suggesting "hey, I was invited too."

I wouldnt consider anything particularly noteworthy about my stay patterns, spend, etc. With big data, perhaps they picked up something that was interesting. Profession. Income. Net worth. Zipcode. Who knows. Ive also got like 30 nights currently booked. *shrug*
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Will Jeff Zidell be answering the questions?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
1st of all, likely they are doing a series of these meetings with different folks in different geographies. May just happened to be austin. I'm mildly surprised there havent been others suggesting "hey, I was invited too."
Hey, I was invited, too. Eh, not the same thing, it turns out. I was invited to donate my points to a "send students to Costa Rica" initiative.

World of Hyatt and Learning AFAR – an award-winning program from AFAR and non-profit organization No Barriers USA – have joined forces to help 10 Chicago Academy High School students expand their world on a 10-day trip to Costa Rica.

You can help too by contributing your World of Hyatt points in 1,000 point increments to help additional students experience this once-in-a-lifetime trip. For every 1,000 World of Hyatt points contributed, No Barriers USA will receive $10 toward funding additional students' travel. Every 500,000 points contributed will allow an additional student to participate in this program.

Contribute now before the window closes on April 30.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Funny- my 1 Hyatt stay YTD was in Austin! I guess i should have timed that better
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No invite for this Exploralist who has gone from Gold Passport 35 nights last year to zero WoH nights.

I'd pick the Human Fund as my charity of choice.

If they came to my home for the interview, I'd offer them a 10 cent water bottle from Costco as a "welcome amenity".
You're more gracious than I am.

I would only give them a little card, make them get their own bottle and then with great pomp and circumstance I would punch a hole in their little card to make sure they don't get more than the Pritzker's have deemed that they are worth.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:34 pm

I completely sock drawer-ed my Hyatt card about the time this was announced. more to do with Buxx than anything, but the timing couldn't have been better to help the case that this new program really sucks and I will be staying elsewhere... What a load of crap... I hope they feel the hurt good the greedy .......s. Lets just make your CC rewards pretty much worthless and take away your status since you don't stay with us all the friggin time... I say No Swipe Fee kickback for you! and no soup for you Hyatt!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That's why I don't live in Palo Alto anymore
because the one in Atherton is cheaper?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
They probably only selected locals, but I would fly to Austin to participate

Amazing that they do this in Spring 2017, and not Spring 2016
I'm sure it's only locals that are targeted in Austin.
The fact that Austin_modern's under age 50 is likely another factor in his favor, along with his year-to-date stays.
From mid-April in the thread on stays to date:
30 nights away.

The goal of this survey is to get people like Austin_modern to stay additional nights every year; I don't read this as an attempt to tweak the World of Hyatt program. What I find interesting is that at least some of the interviews will take place in the member's home. My guess is that they'll be secretly collecting information on how their elites live and base their future room/furniture designs on any information they gather from those interviews.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by itsallgood

The goal of this survey is to get people like Austin_modern to stay additional nights every year; I don't read this as an attempt to tweak the World of Hyatt program.
i have about twenty five nights booked in the system. So I think your tinfoil hat view is off on them meeting with people 1:1 to get someone to stay more.

Likely its it's just getting feedback from the rollout.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
i have about twenty five nights booked in the system. So I think your tinfoil hat view is off on them meeting with people 1:1 to get someone to stay more.
Combined with the 30 nights you've stayed so far this year (according to your mid-April post), that's 55 nights. That's definitely above average.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.