Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I'm really happy with this type of promo because it rewards for actual spend rather than mattress runners.

My 6 nights at PH Tokyo will net 15,000 bonus pts rather than the 5,000 from previous promos.

I do however think that awarding the bonus only from the 2nd stay is stupidly stingy.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I do however think that awarding the bonus only from the 2nd stay is stupidly stingy.
Yup. It cost Hyatt three nights at a $250/night HH. Since I don't know/expect to have another stay with them during the promo, I went with a Marriott (better beds, better room, lounge access).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Ah- now I understand. I think you should do a one night stay at another property before your long stay-as others have suggested.
Does one actually have to stay in the hotel for Stay #1 , or does booking/checking in&out/paying for the room count as an eligible stay?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by seaduck79
Does one actually have to stay in the hotel for Stay #1 , or does booking/checking in&out/paying for the room count as an eligible stay?
You don't have to sleep in the bed, but you have to show up and check in.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You don't have to sleep in the bed, but you have to show up and check in.
Do *I* have to show up and check in, or can I buy a room for someone else?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The booking must be in WoH member name and you have to present identification and credit card matching WoH member name. Whether you need to be there to check-in depends on whether hotel accepts someone checking in on your behalf and using your credit card.

Afterwards you can throw away the hotel key without even entering the room at all as far as anyone is concern. You just give them a call the next morning to check-out if the property does not support web checkout.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Actually, unless it has changed, the T&C say you have to occupy the room. So when I need a mattress run I enter the room and then go home.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Actually, unless it has changed, the T&C say you have to occupy the room. So when I need a mattress run I enter the room and then go home.
Thanks for the clarification, all. I'll do one night locally before our long stay in Maui next month.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:35 am

I have to do that as well for a long stay in Waikiki. I should net quite a bundle from it. I'm paying P&C + a suite upgrade + an upcharge to a bigger suite.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:57 am

Just found out something new (changed). I will have a stay starting in June but not ending until early July. Under the old program, we could call in and have it applied toward a promotion.

I checked with the WoH Concierge and was told that I have to CHECK OUT by 6/30 in order for the promo to count, and even worse, I can't check back in until 7/1 or it will show in the system as one long stay. This is going to cost me a lot of points - actually, it's going to cost the hotel a lot of money, because I will simply stop spending on 6/30. There goes my "I'm going home" facial and massage.

Way to go Hyatt
Old May 19, 2017, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Isn't it great that now every night is counted based on checkout date.... also wonderful for qualifying for those longer stays at the end of the year.

They seem to have lost all comon sense, it's now just... computer says no.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Just found out something new (changed). I will have a stay starting in June but not ending until early July. Under the old program, we could call in and have it applied toward a promotion.

I checked with the WoH Concierge and was told that I have to CHECK OUT by 6/30 in order for the promo to count, and even worse, I can't check back in until 7/1 or it will show in the system as one long stay. This is going to cost me a lot of points - actually, it's going to cost the hotel a lot of money, because I will simply stop spending on 6/30. There goes my "I'm going home" facial and massage.

Way to go Hyatt
Wow, that SUCKS!

Glad you called to find this out ahead of time vs. having found out the hard way!
Old May 19, 2017, 9:08 am

Yup... it really does. I have an upcoming award stay that I will be paying an upcharge to guarantee me a suite (next weekend). Apparently, THAT will not count either because it's not eligible. I won't be spending a whole lot of money anyway.

But for my Hawaii stay, I'm going to be paying a bundle for an upgraded suite on top of C&P, which is eligible.

Unfortunately, I may lose a ton of points unless the hotel agrees to check in my husband instead of me.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
The booking must be in WoH member name and you have to present identification and credit card matching WoH member name. Whether you need to be there to check-in depends on whether hotel accepts someone checking in on your behalf and using your credit card.

Afterwards you can throw away the hotel key without even entering the room at all as far as anyone is concern. You just give them a call the next morning to check-out if the property does not support web checkout.
Disagree. I have called Hyatts and said "my wife is checking in ahead of me" (king bed) or "my sister is checking in ahead of me" twin beds and have never turned up.

Both times I was using a free night to let someone else stay.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:59 am

I'm part of the happy crowd. I'm a leisure traveler, FTer (obviously) and big on the points and miles game, while never doing mattress runs, and never using OTAs because I like to deal with the Brand directly.

The previous promos would do nothing for me, I would never stay more than 10 nights within a promo period.

But with this, the 4 nights I have coming up, paying full revenue, at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto will net me a nice bonus (in my book anyway).

That being said, quick (and probably easy) question for you:
Would a discounted rate (such as AAA) count as a qualifying rate for the purpose of this promo?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.