Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

In reply to a question about the PL scheme, Hyatt have confirmed the following:

Those members with Private Line agents, will continue to utilize this service until February 2018 when the program will be sunset. At that time, members will be given the contact details for the appropriate dedicated tier line.

If during 2017 a member with a Private Line agent reaches 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points, they will be offered a My Hyatt Concierge agent (if their Private Line agent is not serving as a My Hyatt Concierge). If a members chooses not to migrate, a member may keep their Private Line agent through February 2018 at which point they will migrate to the My Hyatt Concierge program.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks for the info. Not sure what it means, though. What is the difference between the "Private Line agent" and the "My Hyatt Concierge" if it ends up being the same person?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Thanks for the info. Not sure what it means, though. What is the difference between the "Private Line agent" and the "My Hyatt Concierge" if it ends up being the same person?
Private Line was a program that was open not only to Diamonds and was a discretionary program. With the end of Private Line, Hyatt has a good argument to tell people that they are out. Hyatt Concierge is only open to qualified individuals and not all Private Line staff will transfer. I am also lucky to keep my Private Line person - so no obvious change for me.

I understand that Hyatt Concierge is also meant to be more interactive between the Hyatt Concierge agent and the property.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SMK77
Private Line was a program that was open not only to Diamonds and was a discretionary program. With the end of Private Line, Hyatt has a good argument to tell people that they are out. Hyatt Concierge is only open to qualified individuals and not all Private Line staff will transfer. I am also lucky to keep my Private Line person - so no obvious change for me.

I understand that Hyatt Concierge is also meant to be more interactive between the Hyatt Concierge agent and the property.
Mine frequently interacts with the property, though not always successfully.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Any ideas on whether non-PL members will still get a MyHyatt Concierge for this year, based on 2016 qualification in HGP?

I did 75 nights last year as Diamond, but still can't figure out if I can only get a MyHyatt Concierge once I requalify as Globalist this year (i.e. through the end of 2018), or if I still get one for this year based on last year's HGP qualification...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I was contacted today by someone in Omaha letting me know about the changes in the program and that I had qualified for the new program based on my travel last year. At the end she asked if I wanted to keep my PL rep which I did. She said this would be more of a proactive program than before which could be pretty cool IMO so I am looking forward to seeing how this changes.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:56 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I had a private line agent in past years, but opted out of the program. I couldn't find even one advantage to having a PL agent.

1. With a PL agent you can only do business when that agent is on the clock. This means 16 hours a day when you CANNOT do transactions, and several days a week (e.g. weekends) when you're similarly shut out.

2. You still had to go through the same authentication scheme with the PL agent as with the regular Diamond line.

Are there any real advantages to a PL agent, other than feeling "important" because you have something that most people lack? (Even when that "special something" is practically useless?)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:14 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I had a private line agent in past years, but opted out of the program. I couldn't find even one advantage to having a PL agent.

1. With a PL agent you can only do business when that agent is on the clock. This means 16 hours a day when you CANNOT do transactions, and several days a week (e.g. weekends) when you're similarly shut out.

2. You still had to go through the same authentication scheme with the PL agent as with the regular Diamond line.

Are there any real advantages to a PL agent, other than feeling "important" because you have something that most people lack? (Even when that "special something" is practically useless?)

I've had several PL agents over the last eight years. My former one was excellent. She was proactive, reached out to properties without me asking and ensured I received my favourite rooms at hotels I frequented. I prefer to communicate via email so instead of calling a phone line I could send off my requests and I know they would be actioned overnight. I would use her to make reservations (because they received bonuses), make changes and apply DSUs. Often they would liaise with properties to avoid standard cancellation terms or have a rate changed to my benefit.

My current one is terrible. Transactional and pales in comparison to the former.

PL agents were never solely weekday agents. In fact mine used to work weekends.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Received an email today from Hyatt Consumer Affairs regarding the PL agent I've been assigned since my former agent left in 2014. Was advised I would retain the current agent until 2/28/18 and could continue using them if I requalify for Diamond Globalist.

Haven't heard from my current PL agent since she took over for the previous agent in 2014, so not sure how necessary it is to have one.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Mar 7, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Similar for me. I received an email yesterday tellimg me that I qualified for the new program and asking if I wanted to retain the same person or try a new one.

Honestly, I had forgotten that I even had a PL agent since I haven't used her in probably 6 years. My original PL rep was amazing - proactive, helpful, friendly, etc.

To the questions above, no the benefit for me wasn't that it made me feel important. The benefit was that she was like have a great admin asst. she helped get things done for me proactively and efficiently, knew my preferences and travel needs and in the end actually became a bit of a friend. Recalling the events when she she "left the company" I believe a number of us had the same agent.

The agent I got after the change was plenty nice, but useless. So, I haven't bothered to use her after the first few attempts for similar reasons stated above - only available for a few hours a day, basically the same process as calling the diamond number, I can just do it faster myself.

I'm curious to see if the new program adds any value at all. I did ask for a new agent to see if that helps as well.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Markie
In reply to a question about the PL scheme, Hyatt have confirmed the following:

Those members with Private Line agents, will continue to utilize this service until February 2018 when the program will be sunset. At that time, members will be given the contact details for the appropriate dedicated tier line.

If during 2017 a member with a Private Line agent reaches 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points, they will be offered a My Hyatt Concierge agent (if their Private Line agent is not serving as a My Hyatt Concierge). If a members chooses not to migrate, a member may keep their Private Line agent through February 2018 at which point they will migrate to the My Hyatt Concierge program.
Just want to clarify that this isn't 100% true. As I noted in another thread I was told the program was ending and if I needed anything to call or email. My full email:

Dear skunker,
My name is Jxxxx Mxxxx, Manager of Guest Services. I am contacting you on behalf of your Personal Line Associate, Rxxxx Sxxxx.
First and foremost, I want to thank you for your participation with the Personal Line program and your loyalty to Hyatt. With the launch of World of Hyatt on March 1st, 2017, I wanted to make you aware that the Personal Line program will be discontinued.
Your Personal Line associate has made sure that any personal travel preferences will be noted on your account for your future reservations. Should you need any assistance, we invite you to either email us at [email protected] or by calling us at 888.344.9288.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Jxxx
As others have said, I forgot I even had a PL agent as I was passed around after my first agent left a few years ago.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:44 pm

Not gotten any email or calls here about. Been emailing my PL rep as normal for stuff and no mention has been made of any changes.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I got the e-mail, but it was addressed to someone else's name. Pretty bad form.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:04 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I haven't received any email.

But pretty unimpressed with my PL agent. I asked them to reach out to a property because I could only get one night of two on cash and points and wanting to apply a DSU I need them on the one reservation. Was told I would have to pay cash.

So instead I contacted the property directly and within 36 hours they had altered my reservation and confirmed cash and points for two nights.

I miss my incredible former PL agent who left Hyatt.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got the email today inviting me to either keep my current private line agent or request that another agent be assigned to me.

ADDED: Less than thirty hours later, before I had a chance to respond and ask whether my current private line agent has the same capabilities as the "new" My Hyatt Concierge employees, I got an email from a My Hyatt Concierge person saying that he will be my My Hyatt Concierge. He also claims to have a backup person who can fill in and even access his email when my My Hyatt Concierge isn't available.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.