Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sydney REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sydney REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:04 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by danger
it really irks me when hotels do this sort of price gouging.
Are you sure the same room type is available all 3 nights? Sounds like one of the nights, one of the room types are sold out.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Booked and checked in a room at Hyatt Regency Sydney until 10th Sep, however due to work requirement will not be using the room at all. Any one would like to take the room for half price? (haven't used).
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Booked and checked in a room at Hyatt Regency Sydney until 10th Sep, however due to work requirement will not be using the room at all. Any one would like to take the room for half price? (haven't used).
Do you realize everything that could go wrong with this scenario? Suppose I took you up on your offer... paid you cash.. but your CC is still in file w the front desk. I can order a lavish room serive dinner every night, a limo, bottles of champagne... I bet there are all sorts of things I could sign to the room which is still in your name.
Think.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by chavala
Do you realize everything that could go wrong with this scenario? Suppose I took you up on your offer... paid you cash.. but your CC is still in file w the front desk. I can order a lavish room serive dinner every night, a limo, bottles of champagne... I bet there are all sorts of things I could sign to the room which is still in your name.
Think.
Not everyone is void of morals. Ausriver didn't post the finer details but I'm sure he/she wouldn't simply have taken cash and walked away.

Think.

Thanks for posting, Ausriver. I hope you found a solution.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a stupid proposition any way you do it if you are the one on the reservation....
chavala likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by danger
Not everyone is void of morals. Ausriver didn't post the finer details but I'm sure he/she wouldn't simply have taken cash and walked away.

Think.

Thanks for posting, Ausriver. I hope you found a solution.
LOL no, not everyone -- but all it takes is one! THINK!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Executive Chef from HR Waikiki will be the new executive chef at this hotel.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
That's one expensive mattress run!

I am in SYD currently. Don't need your room, but happy to catch up with anyone around town for a drink.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
New Years Eve question

A question for a local probably. My wife and I are staying here over New Year. I just wondered if the roof top bar will be open to guests on NYE? I have mailed the hotel but no reply to date.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:22 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
A question for a local probably. My wife and I are staying here over New Year. I just wondered if the roof top bar will be open to guests on NYE? I have mailed the hotel but no reply to date.
I believe so but you'll only get NYE fireworks and there's a charge.

Do what we did and book the rooftop party at the PH. It's not cheap but it's unforgettable. It's about 15 mins walk between the two.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I believe so but you'll only get NYE fireworks and there's a charge.

Do what we did and book the rooftop party at the PH. It's not cheap but it's unforgettable. It's about 15 mins walk between the two.
Thanks for the tip. We have stayed at the PH many times but never over NYE. The cocktail party sounds fun but you would need to drink a lot of champange for $595. I'll put the idea to SWMBO.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The sit down dinners are cheaper.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Thanks for the tip. We have stayed at the PH many times but never over NYE. The cocktail party sounds fun but you would need to drink a lot of champange for $595. I'll put the idea to SWMBO.
It's the view and experience that costs. Great location.

I think the price is reasonable to great.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

All the options sound interesting. Only slight problem is that NYE is in the middle of a 4 month trip we are taking so we would have to carry around cocktail wear for 1 night but I am sure my wife won't mind!

I am surprised that there isn't a cruise ship in port on the 31st
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:31 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

None are allowed. It would block vantage points around the Harbour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.