Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PoincianaKings
Public Transportation Options

Buses currently cost £1.75 each way.

Payment can be made with Oyster cards and contactless payment methods. No cash, no credit cards requiring signatures / PINs, etc.

From / To Terminal 5

Bus 423. Departs T5 local buses lane, bus stop 1. (outside on arrivals level, past entrance to Heathrow Express / Elizabeth Line / Piccadilly Line). Get off the bus at the bus stop called "Compass Centre", all London buses announce the next stop on the digital dot matrix screens. Bus stop is in front of hotel.

To return to T5, cross street at traffic light, bus stop is on the right. Bus stop BW (as indicate by the red sign with BW written in white above the bus stop sign). T5 is the last stop for the bus.

From / To Terminals 2/3

Bus U3. Departs Heathrow Central Bus Station. (Follow signs to London Underground station, then up stairs / lift to bus station) The bus stop for the Hyatt Place is called "Compass Centre" - across the street from hotel.

To return to T2/3, the bus stop is in front of hotel.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
Accepting reservations from 20 Dec 16 and within the Heathrow Free Travel Zone.
^ Looking forward to trying it out.

But a quick glance at the relative pricing for a few dates suggests that you still might be better off paying for an Uber to the HP Hayes.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by craigthemif
^ Looking forward to trying it out.

But a quick glance at the relative pricing for a few dates suggests that you still might be better off paying for an Uber to the HP Hayes.
Yes, cheapest I saw was £88 for a weekend, pre-paid rate.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Yes, cheapest I saw was £88 for a weekend, pre-paid rate.
That's competitive rate in comparison to what Hyatt charges in their two other city center properties.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does this location compare to the Sheraton Skyline Hotel. Which one would be closer to the airport/tube?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:48 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Accepting reservations from 20 Dec 16 and within the Heathrow Free Travel Zone.
Something new... a Hyatt opens earlier than announced

Originally "early 2017", it opened yesterday, 21 Dec.

Rates start at 95£, seems reasonable to me. It's marked as an upscale 4* hotel... not too sure though, that I'd call HP's a 4 star hotel.
A "category 3" hotel.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...United-Kingdom

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:00 am
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Rates start at 95£, seems reasonable to me . It's marked as an upscale 4* hotel...
/me chokes on hot drink

Would be great to get some reviews on this property post-refurb/rebrand. Is it really worth £100+ off-peak when there are loads of cheaper options on the Bath Road?

Just checked rates as I need a hotel for a Sunday night in Jan:

The HP Heathrow is £105 advance purchase non-flex.

A mile down the road the HI Ariel is coming up at £37.60 (not a typo) on a similar advance purchase.

The HP Hayes is £53, although it's 15-20min drive from the airport.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:42 pm

I'm here now. A little different from your usual Hyatt Place. It has a restaurant and room service. I did order a chicken sandwich from room service and it wasn't too bad. The room is much smaller than your typical Hyatt Place in the US but that's because it's a renovated hotel. They have renovated the rooms and they are pleasant and you can't hear the planes. I did get Diamond recognition and the offer for 500 points as my amenity. To get here from Heathrow, I took the free bus from Heathrow Central but the Hoppa is an option too.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:55 am

I was denied breakfast as a Globalist this morning and asked to choose either Continental or Full English so that I could be charged. Declined and complained at Reception.

HOWEVER, the WoH rules allow it as the breakfast benefit is excluded at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.

(d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.

Of course typically Hyatt Place properties in the US offer breakfast in the room rate. I've written to Jeff Z for clarification.

Last edited by Markie; Mar 25, 2017 at 4:00 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:58 am

Two different rooms over two weekends, both on 5th floor facing the runway. As confirmed, no noise heard.
Attached Images    
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:46 am

I was denied breakfast as a Globalist this morning and asked to choose either Continental or Full English so that I could charged.
The HP LHR Hayes went through a phase of trying to charge Diamonds for breakfast. Not sure where they are with that now.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:45 am

(d) Club Lounge Access: ... Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.
I read it like that, rather than applying to the breakfast benefit. Were the terms different for Gold Passport? I received free breakfast as diamond several times at this property before March.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by george55
I read it like that, rather than applying to the breakfast benefit. Were the terms different for Gold Passport? I received free breakfast as diamond several times at this property before March.
Pretty similar wording:

5. At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was denied breakfast as a Globalist this morning and asked to choose either Continental or Full English so that I could be charged. Declined and complained at Reception.

HOWEVER, the WoH rules allow it as the breakfast benefit is excluded at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.

(d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.

Of course typically Hyatt Place properties in the US offer breakfast in the room rate. I've written to Jeff Z for clarification.
How many HP exist without the free breakfast option? This one is the first I've heard of but maybe because its a renovation and had an existing dining room but that is confusing for WoH members for sure and not consistent across the HP brand
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
How many HP exist without the free breakfast option?
The LHR Hayes HP only charges for the full breakfast:

Gallery Morning Boost is free with your stay and includes pastries, yoghurt, fresh fruit and an assortment of juices, tea and coffee
Weekdays 6:00am – 10:00 a.m. Weekend 7:00am – 11:00 a.m.

Gallery Kitchen Full Breakfast
If you are looking for a bigger breakfast, enjoy selections from our Gallery Kitchen Full Breakfast buffet. Fill up on delicious hot breakfast items, including made-to- order eggs and omelets,breakfast sausages, bacon, cheeses, cold cuts and more – all for just £13.50 per person.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:17 pm

Hyatt have reached out and informed me that the refusal was an error by the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.