Guest of Honor in 2017?

Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:01 pm

Is there any question that I should be able to book a stay on the website, for all points, and then call sometime later to change it to GoH?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Um, yeah. The people at the other end of the phone may not know what you are talking about. They may demand the World of Hyatt number of your GoH. It may work just fine. I mean, in theory you are doing something simple.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zombietooth
My GOH reservation shows no indication in "Preferences" or anywhere else that it is a GOH stay.
Seems to be hit or miss. I had two at a HH that listed GoH in the preferences area of the email confirmation. Another at a PH doesn't list a preferences section at all, but confirmed when calling in that it is in a field we can't see on the reservation.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Ymmv = huaca

So after a no-help interaction described above, and seeing the mixed results that the rest of you were getting, this am I tried again, from scratch.

This time I got a knowledgeable person at the other end of the line who make the booking, took the name of my GoH (without demanding their WoH number), and sent out an e-mail right away confirming everything and listing "Guest of Honor" under Preferences, at the bottom of the e-mail.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
P+C OK?

Tonight I was trying to make a GOH reservation in an international destination and the helpful agent told me that I could book it as a P+C stay.

Does anyone know if this is true. Could they have changed the policy?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Tonight I was trying to make a GOH reservation in an international destination and the helpful agent told me that I could book it as a P+C stay.

Possible? Sure. One would hope that kind of information would be disseminated though.

More likely a rogue agent.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Possible? Sure. One would hope that kind of information would be disseminated though.

More likely a rogue agent.
It's in the T&C's
m) Guest of Honor: If a Globalist transfers a Free Night Award to another party in accordance with these Terms, the recipient will be treated as a Guest of Honor at the applicable hotel or resort.
Only free night awards can be used for GoH. P&C is not a Free Night Award. You can transfer P&C to another person, it just won't have GoH benefits:
13. Transferring an Award. Members may request that certain awards be issued to another Member. Free Night Awards, certain Room Upgrade Awards, and Points + Cash Awards are currently eligible for transfer, as permitted under this provision.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
When we book GOH for others, do we need to stay there as well?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by milemission
When we book GOH for others, do we need to stay there as well?
No
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
My parents -in-law returned from a 3 night stay at PH Hamburg. Only available room when booking was a King room. Emailed the hotel that they prefer 2 queens.
upon Check-in they were pro-actively upgraded to the Club level with 2 beds.
they had a fantastic stay, celebrating 50th wedding anniversary. they praised all the hotel staff.

GOH works :-)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
GOH works sometimes :-)
Fixed it for you. My GoH experiences have varied from zero to great; it improved once I started calling the properties on the day of my GoH's arrival.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:16 pm

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Jul 5, 2017 at 3:49 pm
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Has anyone tried to make a GoH booking using a "Promotional Award"?

I have a Cat 1-4 in my account expiring early October and would like to use it on some friends.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I was able to transfer the award. I requested that Guest of Honor be added and it was. I suggest contacting a sympathetic representative.
I obviously don't know if it was done for me because I'm a Courtesy Card holder.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

GoH and transferring a free night cert (which clearly indicate they are not transferable) are not really the same. Most agents will not do it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.