GOH is only good on full award stays, not C&P
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
GOH is only good on full award stays, not C&P
Thanks. That's what I thought.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Did GOH + Points + Suite Upgrade for a friend of mine for his wedding @ GH @ Hawaii... no issues with the booking or suite availability. *shrug*
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:14 am

Booked GoH twice for friends via FB message. No problem... except new WoH policy required guest has own member# on GOHreservation.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ben2017
Booked GoH twice for friends via FB message. No problem... except new WoH policy required guest has own member# on GOHreservation.
Your saying your guest had to be a member of WOH?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by danger
Your saying your guest had to be a member of WOH?
Yes, Hyatt rep confirmed WoH policy requires guest of honor has own member# on the reservation.

It is a minor inconvience and unnecessarily solicits guest personal information IMO
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, Hyatt rep confirmed WoH policy requires guest of honor has own member# on the reservation.

It is a minor inconvience and unnecessarily solicits guest personal information IMO
Hmmm. I made a Guest of Honor reservation a week ago an wasn't told anything like. Mind you, the points haven't been deducted either (but I've received confirmation).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had the same issue. Can't really figure out the reason for the change.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I just booked 3 days ago for my in-laws. they are not members. and I was not asked to provide any WOH number for them... this must be wrong information.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you just add their names to your reservation, or did the full reservation get put in their names?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I just booked 3 days ago for my in-laws. they are not members. and I was not asked to provide any WOH number for them... this must be wrong information.
Or maybe you (and I) got lucky.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or, like many issues at Hyatt, the change is being inconsistently applied.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.

I made a GOH res for my nephew and his wife, and all they took was his name.
No email, no number, nothing. I looked at the res in my account and there is no number that I can find associated with it.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Did GOH + Points + Suite Upgrade for a friend of mine for his wedding @ GH @ Hawaii... no issues with the booking or suite availability. *shrug*
When I tried that for my nephew, they said no chance.

By the way, can you see the words "Guest of Honor" anywhere in their reservation? I can't find anything in my nephew's to indicate that it actually is a GOH stay and not just an award nominee stay.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:48 am

This, like many other things, could be just something needless, and applied inconsistently.

I cannot figure out how to insert pic in reply on cell. So just copy-and-paste reply from Hyatt FB team on March 5th.

Hello there! Yes, this is a new policy with World of Hyatt. Guests do have to be World of Hyatt members now to use the guest of honor experience. I understand how different this is, but this is our new policy and we have to honor it. I would be happy to enroll the guest if you provide an address and email address to put on file. Or you could have them call in to the World of Hyatt number at 888-344-9288 and do it over the phone. -Ashley T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.