Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Hangzhou, China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Hangzhou, China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here last month and just posted a review on my blog with 90 photos--

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...yatt-hangzhou/

(Disclaimer - my blog)

A really solid property. In many ways I liked it better than the PH Bangkok I stayed at next.

This is a very nice property and staff were great.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:45 pm

Awesome review Matt. This makes me want to visit! From your review, it looks like this property is nicer than the PH BKK.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Looks similar in many ways to the PH Guangzhou. Possibly the same owner?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:14 am

I'm currently here on the last night of a 5 night stay and I don't want to leave!

I love the decor and the quality of the hard product; it is truly outstanding.

The bed is extremely comfortable, the sheets are perfect, the room controls are intuitive and I sometimes wish I had an upset stomach so I could use the Toto toilet more!

Service is pretty solid, but some of the people have trouble speaking English properly. In fairness, they usually fetch someone fairly quickly who speaks more fluently.

My only qualm is that I wish there were a couple more restaurants, as well as a spa.

Stay here if you visit Hangzhou, you cannot go wrong!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by spideysense
I'm currently here on the last night of a 5 night stay and I don't want to leave!

I love the decor and the quality of the hard product; it is truly outstanding.

The bed is extremely comfortable, the sheets are perfect, the room controls are intuitive and I sometimes wish I had an upset stomach so I could use the Toto toilet more!

Service is pretty solid, but some of the people have trouble speaking English properly. In fairness, they usually fetch someone fairly quickly who speaks more fluently.

My only qualm is that I wish there were a couple more restaurants, as well as a spa.

Stay here if you visit Hangzhou, you cannot go wrong!
There are about 100 restaurants just downstairs, without leave the same building. Why would the hotel still need to open more?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
There are about 100 restaurants just downstairs, without leave the same building. Why would the hotel still need to open more?
Do you mean in the mall? I don't really consider Pizza Hut and KFC when deciding on my dining options.

Considering that both the Chinese and the Italian restaurants were packed every night, I think hotel guests would appreciate more restaurants of the same caliber.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Stayed here for a night using the prive rate. Upgraded to a river view room. The hotel is not in a good location for tourism at all. Its in a business area with not a whole lot to do around it. I was pretty tired by the time I got to this hotel and had spent time at west lake the day before, so this wasn't really the end of the world for me. I used my F&B credit on the peking duck at the restaurant. The meal was excellent. The staff was helpful and fluent in english, so rock solid there. There is a glass floor section in the bar where you can stand and look down which is a bit freaky. The breakfast was decent with a range of choices. I think there were pancakes but I didn't see that option until after I finished eating. Overall a decent property, but given the cost it felt a bit much for China and I would only consider staying there again if I had some reason to be in that particular area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.