San Diego Options

Subscribe
I am planning a trip the last week of July to San Diego and then LA. I will be flying into San Diego around 11am on a Tuesday, and leaving for LA on Friday morning. I am planning one night at the Mission Bay Hyatt and wanting to check out Sea World, Mission Bay Beach and the Seaside Cliffs. Originally I was going to do two nights in Mission Bay and one at the Andaz San Diego. But I'm wanting to go to the San Diego Zoo and Coronado Beach so I am thinking I would need two days in downtown San Diego. Does this sound like a good plan? Or should I throw one of those nights to the Grand Hyatt? I don't need to be at the beach all day, maybe just a few hours. I won't have a car, so will be doing public transportation and uber.

Thanks!
Quote: I am planning a trip the last week of July to San Diego and then LA. I will be flying into San Diego around 11am on a Tuesday, and leaving for LA on Friday morning. I am planning one night at the Mission Bay Hyatt and wanting to check out Sea World, Mission Bay Beach and the Seaside Cliffs. Originally I was going to do two nights in Mission Bay and one at the Andaz San Diego. But I'm wanting to go to the San Diego Zoo and Coronado Beach so I am thinking I would need two days in downtown San Diego. Does this sound like a good plan? Or should I throw one of those nights to the Grand Hyatt? I don't need to be at the beach all day, maybe just a few hours. I won't have a car, so will be doing public transportation and uber.

Thanks!
There really is no reason to switch hotels to see what you want. UberX is plentiful and cheap, especially in the beach and downtown areas. Pick a hotel and stick to it unless you need stays.

And, its Mission Beach and Sunset Cliffs.
I would suggest staying at the HR Mission Bay (formerly Islandia). Check the reviews because this property does have problems however overall it is the best (fun) option. That is if you want a fun, San Diego beach experience. The other properties have a cold resort feel to them. Make sure you go to Cabrillo National Monument also.
The mission bay property is a good location but an aging hotel. The Manchester Hyatt and the Andaz are both nicer inside.

If you want to hang out in Pb, Mission or on the bay I would go with The mission bay property.