Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

i thought hyatt was different from the other chains ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i thought hyatt was different from the other chains ...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Read again: the Phillipines issues was mentioned for IHG!

People are reading into our OP and inventing things unsaid because they simply don't like the idea that a mere "matched" Diamond has the audacity to criticize Hyatt at all...or--gasp--dare to compare their vaunted Hyatt to lowly Marriott.

The OP isn't being that crazy...but the OP's comments hardly knock on Hyatt overall, either. So the OP had a few customer service issues--that can happen and does happen even for elites with every chain...even the top chains! Yet too many Diamonds are taking umbrage for no reason other than that they are bitter about the status match. Passive aggressive anyone?
^
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Oh I think there are many more look status match is a good thing if your truly doing for all the right reasons. I did it when I moved from the east coast to the west. Have been one AS's high mileage traveler. Same goes for my hotel choice and Hyatt is that one!

But to status match just to do it , nah

Last edited by Markie; Feb 24, 2016 at 11:43 pm Reason: remove quote of deleted post
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Which is precisely why I PM the concierge here on FT - fast replies and all the folks who staff it are super helpful. I almost dont bother calling in any more because the service is great through PM on here.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Agreed. They're the best Twitter hotel concierge out there.
Good to hear. I have yet to PM the Hyatt FT rep directly or use Twitter, but phone agents have been good for me.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Poster

I finally got a generic response to my original web submission 3 weeks ago.
I do not think one should have to use Twitter to get a response.

I feel that corporate does not care, because the first step is actually to respond in a timely fashion. If you do not, then nothing else matters.

Found an article where someone talks about it
http://mjontravel.boardingarea.com/2016/02/24/the-smallest-gestures-matter-in-customer-service/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.