Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

i thought hyatt was different from the other chains ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i thought hyatt was different from the other chains ...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by gunksny
Requests made over email do appear to be outsourced and can take some time for a response with limited effectiveness and understanding.
Which is precisely why I PM the concierge here on FT - fast replies and all the folks who staff it are super helpful. I almost dont bother calling in any more because the service is great through PM on here.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Just emailed a Point Combining Request form for processing this afternoon to GoldPassport. Within 1 hour, my points were transferred over to my wife's account. Even for a Hyatt loyalist, I was pleasantly surprised. ^^
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jpdx
I wish I could say that about Hyatt's scammy BRG program!
That's a whole other story.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Have had great experiences with Hyatt since making them my primary this year. 9 stays and counting, no issues with customer service.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
My PL agent is leaving Hyatt after 21 years. She is outstanding.

Yesterday I emailed Jeff Zidell asking him to recognise her on my behalf and he personally responded within 15 minutes.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by cascade
Have had great experiences with Hyatt since making them my primary this year
Have been Diamond for years and there is a reason, their product is generally superior, lounge friendly and no slammed like other chains with almost anyone granted entry, rewards program for me has been equally as good. They have a great consistency internationally similar to Marriott.

Yes price point is a little higher than most but you get what you pay for, And they treat their Diamonds very very well.

I have no sympathy for "status matchers" that whine and complain. Earn it, it taste better when you do !!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jpdx
I wish I could say that about Hyatt's scammy BRG program!
BRG was better than any other program out there until recently they claimed an few sites to be "memberships". Hyatt's BRG program was superior to SPG"s.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
But I guess they are all the same.

I matched to Diamond status a few months ago (probably like everybody else), and stayed in Hyatt a few times since. There are definitely more guaranteed benefits than SPG and Marriott. The guaranteed DSU is nice. But the service is still hit or miss (just like any other hotel), and Hyatt customer service is just as bad as Marriott's (I guess in ranking of worse is IHG, where you speak to someone in the Philippines who doesn't really seem to understand English. Marriott people don't seem to understand very much via email). They don't respond to web complaints, when I emailed something to the agent I spoke to on the phone I got no response.

The concept is interesting: standardization to ensure quality service. But I guess it is impossible to standardize culture.
I will disagree on tat. I am also matched to Hyatt Diamond from Spg Plat. My 1st stay as diamond was in HR Miami and FD check in was below mediocre. Agent sounded like he has no interest in acknowledging guest and absolutely gave no info abt BF and club. I had fantastic service during the whole stay. After check out I sent an email to GP describing my experience n pointed out few things where Hyatt can really compete with SPG. Next day i got an email from front office manager apologising for the check in issues. I didn't reply to her becaz of work and than next day she called me to check if I got her email. She was really sry for bad service. She also offered to refund 1 night stay.
I consider this to be amazing service. Everyone makes mistake but very few acknowledge it and apolize. Cheers to Hyatt ^
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Which is precisely why I PM the concierge here on FT - fast replies and all the folks who staff it are super helpful. I almost dont bother calling in any more because the service is great through PM on here.
I use their Twitter service a lot. Get work done in mins.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I am another refugee status matcher from SPG Platinum and after nine stays and 27 nights I have been overjoyed with Hyatt. SPG has much better coverage and I love my Ambassador but the overall experience is far superior at Hyatt. The properties i've stayed at(a mix of GC, RC and Centric) are better maintained and have far better service levels than comparable Westin/Sheraton/LC hotels. Diamond Line staff have been uniformly polite and helpful as well. I'll be sticking around and using all my DSUs for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:56 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
FWIW, I find Hyatt phone service much better than e.g. Hilton's.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anubond005
I use their Twitter service a lot. Get work done in mins.
Agreed. They're the best Twitter hotel concierge out there.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by anubond005
I will disagree on tat. I am also matched to Hyatt Diamond from Spg Plat. My 1st stay as diamond was in HR Miami and FD check in was below mediocre. Agent sounded like he has no interest in acknowledging guest and absolutely gave no info abt BF and club. I had fantastic service during the whole stay. After check out I sent an email to GP describing my experience n pointed out few things where Hyatt can really compete with SPG. Next day i got an email from front office manager apologising for the check in issues. I didn't reply to her becaz of work and than next day she called me to check if I got her email. She was really sry for bad service. She also offered to refund 1 night stay.
I consider this to be amazing service. Everyone makes mistake but very few acknowledge it and apolize. Cheers to Hyatt ^

^^
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
A fellow recent status matched Diamond here, though I was an "earned" Diamond for many years up until a few years ago.

This exchanges is sadly tedious. Our OP obviously had some customer service issues with Hyatt hotels...but without more details, it's tough to evaluate them and how cogent they may be. OTOH, many Hyatt and earned Diamond members are taking offense that someone dare criticize Hyatt...which is laughable. Every hotel chain has customer service issues...even for elites. Pretending otherwise makes one appear a major fool.

That our OP mentioned tech issues doesn't surprise me, since it has been conceded already herein and elsewhere by many that Hyatt is sadly lacking in the technical prowess department. Perhaps our Hyatt loyalists are so fixated only with Hyatt that they have no clue how sad Hyatt is in this department--but that does add a shred of credibility to the OP.

I guess that our OP had issues at some Hyatt hotels...but that doesn't necessarily reflect on the entire chain. The OP didn't mention specifically which Hyatt hotels were problematic, so I'm not sure why everyone is getting so defensive?

As to those "earned" Diamonds being bitter and resentful about "matched" Diamonds having complaints, you only sound pitifully bitter and resentful. Like it or not, they're/we're just as Diamond as you are.

For the record, I love almost every Park Hyatt at which I've stayed. I like most Grand Hyatts, but sometimes find them too convention/conference oriented. I find most Hyatts and Hyatt Regency properties to be fine...but no better than most Westins or Marriotts or even most international Sheratons. I think Hyatt Place and Hyatt House are fine...but no better on average than Courtyard, Four Points, Hilton Garden, Residence, etc. So people having customer service issues is not a surprise, regardless of elite status.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He spoke briefly of language problems at GH Bali and some Philippines issues but then stopped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.