Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt place and diamond

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Question Hyatt place and diamond

Never been to hyatt place but got some trips to caucasus area (Armenia) and wonder what are the benefits for diamonds in those properties.

As i can see there is no lounge and can't use suite upgrade award. Anything else?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by frenchft
Never been to hyatt place but got some trips to caucasus area (Armenia) and wonder what are the benefits for diamonds in those properties.

As i can see there is no lounge and can't use suite upgrade award. Anything else?
Not much. At HPs in general, sometimes I'm offered a free bottle of water (or two) from the cooler in the lobby; sometimes I have to ask for it (have never been turned down). I always ask for a "quiet room" away from the elevator and other possible sources of noise, and the agents try their best to fulfill this request.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Thanks (-
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
You should also get a 500 pt Diamond amenity bonus for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House stays. Double that if they forget to post and you call GP.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gunksny
You should also get a 500 pt Diamond amenity bonus for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House stays. Double that if they forget to post and you call GP.
1.5x that (or 750 points) if they forget to post and you contact HGP.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks good to know
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Pretty much expect to be treated like a general schmo coming off the street, that way you won't be disappointed as a Diamond. Also, 90% of the time I have had to call Hyatt Diamond line to get the 500 points posted so expect to have to do that if you want the points. Anything that deviates from the above consider yourself lucky (including being handed a water upon check in)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Miesque
Pretty much expect to be treated like a general schmo coming off the street, that way you won't be disappointed as a Diamond. Also, 90% of the time I have had to call Hyatt Diamond line to get the 500 points posted so expect to have to do that if you want the points. Anything that deviates from the above consider yourself lucky (including being handed a water upon check in)
Confirmed accurate.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I believe there are a few overseas HPs that might have lounges.

Some do have various room categories and might be willing to give upgrades. I've had success at the new HP in downtown Minneapolis (former Embassy Suites property but completely redone) and Des Moines, plus success and then failure at the HP in Madison.

Note that some HPs now categorize rooms as high floor or not, with the categories sometimes selling for the same price, but award nights not permitting the high floor version. YMMV on being "upgraded" to a high floor (of four or six floors in suburban properties with parking lot and expressway views).
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

will see and post my experience in Armenia (will also try the new double tree while there)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:09 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
At the few HPs I've stayed at in the US, I've always been given a higher floor. I actually prefer the lower floor as the lift takes forever in the morning.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:06 pm

HP Schiphol gave me a free drink from the bar so I was happy :-)
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I came dangerously close to staying at a Hyatt Place once. I wanted to use my upcoming Anniversary Credit Card night for the Hyatt Place Waikiki for the throwaway night between flying in from the Andaz Maui and flying to Japan the following morning. But the anniversary night didn't clear in time, and the room price for the night was basically the same as the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, which comes with lounge access and more Diamond amenity points, so of course choosing the HR was a no-brainer. And HR upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite for the night, something I would have never gotten at HP.

I am still quite grateful to Hyatt and Chase for their dillydallying.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Most Hyatt Places treat you as any other customer. HP Charlottesville and HP Raleigh Midtown have both given me 'goodie' bags at check in, with a free drink coupon, water, and some snacks. Not sure if others do the same.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's pretty much like any other reduced service chain (Courtyard, Garden Inn, etc.) in terms of "elite" treatment. Maybe they'll give you a better room but they probably won't.

It counts as a stay for Diamond qualification and you get 500 bonus points. Those are the selling points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.