Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Freddie Awards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
If you have not voted yet, here is what you will be voting for in the best hotel promotion for 2015. I will let you decide who offered the best promo. I've already voted^

Marriott MegaBonus, Starring You
Between September 15 and January 15 members earned double points on every stay, starting with their second paid stay, up to 20,000 bonus points total.

Sheraton Free Weekends
Members could earn up to three Free Weekend Nights valid at any Sheraton hotel or resort around the world with no blackout dates, earning one free night for every five eligible nights they stayed at participating Sheraton Hotels between July 9 and September 30.

Hilton Triple Your Trip
Between September 1 and December 31 Hilton HHonors offered triple points on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights and double points during the rest of the week at all hotel properties worldwide.

Hyatt Stay More Play More – Members Earned Thousands of Bonus Points
Members received a customized offer that allowed them to earn bonus points for nights stayed from January 15 through April 30 -- as many as 65,000 points redeemable for free nights worldwide.

WYHDHAM 3,000 Bonus Points Summer Promotion
Spend your summer like a Hotellioniare. From May 11 – September 7, members earned 3,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points on their first qualified stay -- enough for a points plus cash redemption at any Wyndham Rewards hotel.

MLIFE Holiday Gift Shoppe
Members earned one Gift Point for every M life point earned in Las Vegas throughout the year, which could be redeemed in a year-end shopping spree for jewelry, electronics, home & sporting goods, gift cards, FREEPLAY and more at M life resorts in Las Vegas.

BEST Western Mom Me-Time
Mom Me-Time aimed to “mominate” mothers who juggle family, work and travel, through unique content, video stories, and a sweepstakes that awarded the winner an unforgettable travel experience of five nights at any U.S. or Canadian Best Western branded hotel and a $2,500 gift card with daily free night prizes given away as well.

CARLSON Extend Your Stay, Earn 30k
Between January 24 and March 29, members earned 15,000 bonus points for two night stays and 30,000 bonus points for stays of at least three nights, plus 10,000 points after first eligible stay for those who registered for the promotion before it started.
and? what's ur vote?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
If you have not voted yet, here is what you will be voting for in the best hotel promotion for 2015. I will let you decide who offered the best promo. I've already voted^

Hyatt Stay More Play More – Members Earned Thousands of Bonus Points
Members received a customized offer that allowed them to earn bonus points for nights stayed from January 15 through April 30 -- as many as 65,000 points redeemable for free nights worldwide.
Hah! Thanks for the reminder. I had suppressed that memory from last year.

Let me quote what I wrote then about that promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24133209-post48.html

"[...] a promo branded 'stay more...' seems like a misnomer when the bonus offer is for a single stay (2k points; used to be the G bonus in the good old days) in my case. That's not going to drive additional revenue from my wallet."

And it isn't going to get me to vote for Hyatt. More likely anything-but-Hyatt.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Not telling anyone who to vote for. Just providing the "what" they will vote for if they want to vote. If you don't feel like it, is your choice and good for you.

And if you are still pining for G bonuses and 2 stays for 1 free, then good luck!!! You are not going to be happy with anything that is being offered out there. Geeeezzz give me a break. G bonuses dream on ... the good old DAYzzzzzzzz. Time to wake up dude.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by frenchft
and? what's ur vote?

I know what is not your
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

And if you are still pining for G bonuses and 2 stays for 1 free, then good luck!!! You are not going to be happy with anything that is being offered out there. Geeeezzz give me a break. G bonuses dream on ... the good old DAYzzzzzzzz. Time to wake up dude.
Not pining for it, just using the example to show how "generous" Hyatt is nowadays. 2000 bonus points as a "quarterly" promo offer might motivate me to rant on FT, but not to book Hyatt (or vote in the Freddies).

Also to help people here remember that the "up to 65k points" that you cited were anything but 65k possible points for many.

But serious, I am grateful that you reminded me of that "promo".
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Kacee
And it was the best 2015 program IMO. I just think many here are not receptive to the request for their vote, particularly given Hyatt's total silence on so many other points in recent months. GP Concierge used to have one of the strongest presences on FT. That seems to have changed.
Agreed.

Also, with the current limbo-like state of SPG, now would be the perfect time for Hyatt to pounce and hook potential defectors with a nicely timed promo.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Not pining for it, just using the example to show how "generous" Hyatt is nowadays. 2000 bonus points as a "quarterly" promo offer might motivate me to rant on FT, but not to book Hyatt (or vote in the Freddies).
The last 12 months of topics you've ranted on the Hyatt thread are all pretty negative and the topics are as follows - and not one contributed to a review of a Hyatt property.
  • spam
  • databreach
  • turndown service
  • resort fee
  • spam
  • stay more and play more promo

You and frenchft should start your own thread so we don't need to be bother by your overly negative rants. Maybe call it NotQuiteFrench
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last 12 months of topics you've ranted on the Hyatt thread are all pretty negative and the topics are as follows - and not one contributed to a review of a Hyatt property.
  • spam
  • databreach
  • turndown service
  • resort fee
  • spam
  • stay more and play more promo

You and frenchft should start your own thread so we don't need to be bother by your overly negative rants. Maybe call it NotQuiteFrench
Not quite sure why you are attacking me, but quite frankly Hyatt hasn't given me much reason in the last year or so to praise them for. If your experience has been a different one, I am happy for you. Maybe even a bit jealous.

If you have any disagreements with what I actually wrote, please say so. For example, to stick with the topic of this thread, please tell me why a one-stay-get-2000-points offer (for a quarterly promo) is a promo I should be excited about and reward them with a Freddies vote.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:30 pm

Not attacking just pointing out the facts. Would not be proud of that record either.

WRT a 2K per stay bonus offer, it is actually less lucrative than the Stay More Play More which equates to 2600 points/night (if you are offered the 65K deal and able to reach the 25 nights criteria). I understand not everyone was offered the max but for those lucky ones, it was very lucrative. And for Diamonds who mattress runs, that adds up to 90K total.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:13 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Agreed.

now would be the perfect time for Hyatt to pounce and hook potential defectors with a nicely timed promo.
I think the status match has tied them down from doing any promotions.

But to Hyatt's credit, they were good most of 2015. Things just went south after those two incidents which we all know. That's why I won't vote for them.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Feb 19, 2016 at 5:06 pm Reason: content.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
I think we've gotten the message loud and clear
+1. I appreciate enthusiastic participation, but enough already!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not attacking just pointing out the facts. Would not be proud of that record either.
Yeah. Right. I have no problems with "my record". There is a "Report Post" button if you feel my posts are inappropriate. So can we please stop discussing it now?

WRT a 2K per stay bonus offer, it is actually less lucrative than the Stay More Play More which equates to 2600 points/night (if you are offered the 65K deal and able to reach the 25 nights criteria).
It wasn't 2K per stay. 2K for one stay, after that... nada. Not sure how they expected that to motivate me to move stays (plural) to Hyatt.

Look, no one is really running any earth shaking promos at this time. That's fine, I suspect they'll all come back with something better when they can't fill their rooms otherwise. But I don't have to like or reward that. In recent years I have mostly switched to becoming a free agent. I have mid-level status in several programs via credit card and pick whatever property and chain works best for a given trip, considering factors like location, cost, benefits. In 2015 it was a mix of Marriott, IHG and Club Carlson, with a couple of Hilton and Hyatt stays. No SPG that I recall.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

2016 Freddie Awards

Ok people - enough of the personal commentary bickering!!!

Peteropny - co-mod - hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.