Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Freddie Awards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
No promos, horrible website, why would I vote for Hyatt??
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
@wilma : i'm wondering too... they are not able to answer email in less than 2 or 3 weeks (when they do or sometimes answer 3 times the same ticket, etc... hyatt style) but they feel confortable to send this email... they are confident... Worst IT, mess in client support and now crazy marketing... congrats, we call this a grand chelem!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
2016 Freddie Awards

This kind of negative perception takes months to create and perhaps longer to correct. I hope someone at Hyatt is paying attention to where they're headed.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Some sort of corporate paralysis which is really just out of character
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Hyatt is currently "off the rails"..
Sadly, I have to agree. 100% Hyatt loyalist here, and I still get a great deal of value out of their program, but there's something going on here. If there's anything Gold Passport Concierge or @HyattConcierge can do to reassure us that Hyatt isn't completely falling apart, now would be the time.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Sadly, I have to agree. 100% Hyatt loyalist here, and I still get a great deal of value out of their program, but there's something going on here. If there's anything Gold Passport Concierge or @HyattConcierge can do to reassure us that Hyatt isn't completely falling apart, now would be the time.
I'm too. But now i have the strong feeling that they do not care to be honest... They prefer to keep silence, thinking that things will be ok. Worst strategy EVER!

Since november they have lost a lot of credibility : reservations issues, cards huge issues, front desk with no access even to status since months, IT issues (renewal of status, status update, points missing, mess in accounts history, suite upgrade issue and took month to show up, 3 emails for each reservation, cancellation of reservation in a mysterious way, etc etc etc).

People can understand that a business faces big issues, but people do not understand this kind of lake of communication and the fact that it takes month to fix the stuffs (and it's not fixed yet). I don't talk about the way they managed the CC issue, it's a case study of what a business has to avoid if he wants to be respected and trusted. And if you want my opinion i'm not sure they have fully fixed the mess with CC...

Hope things will change but till then i moved all my stays (90%) to hhonors and Kempinski properties.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:56 am

I really regret this situation because till few month ago i had the feeling that hyatt had created something unique in the industry, something like hyatt family. Even worst when you don't trust your family anymore...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:44 am

This has to be a joke, right? We can only hope the Concierge actually reads the replies to this thread and realizes Hyatt needs to get their act together soon.

At this point I assume they are just preparing to be sold and could care less about customer loyalty.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by invalyd
This has to be a joke, right? We can only hope the Concierge actually reads the replies to this thread and realizes Hyatt needs to get their act together soon.

At this point I assume they are just preparing to be sold and could care less about customer loyalty.

While at this point it's unlikely that it will carry any weight with Hyatt ,but most of the negative posts on this topic are from Diamond members who obviously previously showed loyalty to Hyatt.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:52 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
This is how I've voted. I'd normally be at 10 qualified nights by now.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 77W_12A; Feb 16, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Yes for me

Based on earning over 100K pts with 2 major and 1 minor Hyatt promos in 2015, I will vote yes. Love their properties and services compared to other chains like Marriott. I would have considered spg but they s*!wed their members with the merger. And it didn't hurt when I was able to churn the CC for another 2 nights at the NY PH
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Markie
I fear I am with you on this one. The lack of promotions and the status give away are the two factors for me. I've voted in the Freddies since the days when the ballot came in InsideFlyer magazine and Hyatt has been my programme every year. It's sad that 2015 will be the last.
Agree as well.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:42 pm

2016 Freddie Awards

I'm still very loyal to the individual Hyatt Hotels that have treated me well. But it's less of a deciding factor in places I haven't been before since the program itself doesn't seem to have as much value as before.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
What a weird marketing strategy. What do cats have anything to do with Hyatt?
http://i.imgur.com/SJT0uSV.png
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Sorry, Hyatt lost my vote this year. Failure after failure and they never tried to make amends with long-time Diamonds.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Interesting to see all the negative comments...certainly hope Hyatt is using their social listening tools to pick up on all of this. The comments on this type of thread on the SPG forum are VERY different!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.