Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing your Hyatt Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Showing your Hyatt Card

Does anyone here carry and show their Hyatt card at check-in?

I'm pretty new to Hyatt Diamond status (from the SPG match).

I'm going to a Hyatt today, and I left my card at the office.

Is it safe to assume that the hotel reception desk knows with full clarity that I'm a Diamond, and that the card is superfluous?

I've had issues at SPGs before - for whatever reason, their computers don't seem to make it clear always. So I try to carry my SPG card if I remember.

With Hyatt is carrying the card necessary? Do you just mention it front and center?

I don't want to be the DYKWIA guest at all, but I do want my benefits.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I've never shown my card. In fact, I chunk it in the recycle (just like airline cards too) the moment I get it. You dont need to mention it either - your reservation should be tagged with your diamond information. Good luck.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:27 am

[QUOTE=Michael Ad;26157179]With Hyatt is carrying the card necessary?

No

Do you just mention it front and center?
No

Don't need to - it just works.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Cool. Thanks. Looking forward to not having a Hilton-esque battle.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
As others have said, I've never had any status issues. I never carry my card. However, I have all of my hotel/ff numbers loaded into Key Ring. And the Hyatt phone app will have your status listed. Go to 'My Account' page.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
As others have said, I've never had any status issues. I never carry my card. However, I have all of my hotel/ff numbers loaded into Key Ring. And the Hyatt phone app will have your status listed. Go to 'My Account' page.
I have never once shown the Hyatt card. Their systems are well aware of who you are, how many times you have stayed at their property and your status.

Their system for allocating points however, leaves something to be desired - I would say more than 50% of the time I need to call and request any bonus points I'm due.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:33 pm

The only time I ever carry hotel loyalty cards is when I have a stay booked through an OTA that wouldn't have my number attached. While I'm sure I could pull up my loyalty number on my phone and give it to the front desk agent, I just find it easier to slip my loyalty card over with my license and credit card.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You don't really need to show the card but at full service properties, I usually present it with my credit card to avoid the discussion if the agent didn't look in the right place on the computer screen. At my local mattress run property, I usually don't bring it with me and they usually acknowledge my status even though it doesn't really matter at a HP.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Last week I made a booking on hyatt.com without entering (or logging into) my Hyatt Gold Passport membership number, but used the same e-mail address as the one in the HGP profile. Nonetheless, the e-mail confirmation that I received contained my Hyatt Gold Passport membership number and status!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Checked-in without the card and no problems. The Grand Hyatt HK even returned my club room upgrade points since they say I got the upgrade on status anyway. Pretty nice!
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

You'll never need the card at check-in, but I've been at some hotels that ask that you show the card when gaining free/discounted access to chargeable activities. I can't think of many examples, but years ago this was the case with the bar cover charge at PH Tokyo, and I recently had a card in my key packet at HR Waikiki that listed specific Diamond benefits, and said "show your Diamond card to ... (I don't remember what)." Not common at all, and I never carry any of my elite cards around.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:16 pm

I was recently told by GPP they aren't even sending out physical cards anymore. I don't know if that was accurate information, but is indicative of how useless they are.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I was recently told by GPP they aren't even sending out physical cards anymore.
I just received mine last week. I do find it useful when dining at a Hyatt property where I'm not staying. It's the easiest way to give them the number.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Living outside the US, I have never received a card by post without requesting one.

FWIW, I have never needed to use it, staff across the chain always have status on file. One of the things Hyatt seems to get right.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If you have an iPhone you can add HGP to your wallet and it reflects both your balance and status (both by color and the actual status name - e.g., black background and "Diamond" across the top)...

(and FWIW both Hilton and SPG do so as well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.