Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing your Hyatt Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:58 pm

The one time I do show it is when checking in to an M life property. Technically you could just give them your number, but M life often screws things up; give them one less opportunity to do so.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:45 am

Over the years, I've gotten into the habit of always presenting my card, but fully admit this may be superfluous nowadays. I usually hand it over as the FD agent asks my name (I justify it in that my name isn't spelled as pronounced, and there have been many times when I've had to spell it when they couldn't find me quickly in the system; either that, or wait while they try guessing alternative spellings/lookups). Admittedly, they could also get this from my credit card, if I'm using one. (Some properties never ask for, or swipe, my credit card).

It's also my way of a subtle status reminder, just in case they're not paying attention to that flag on their screen. Use to be a bit more important when the properties I stayed at were using b'fast certificates, and/or I wanted a late checkout, so I didn't have to get into that "discussion" with the agent. A few times, especially with trainees, I think I noticed them suddenly and quietly "correct" themselves once they spotted the status, and remember to fetch/fill out the certs, etc. Couldn't say for sure, but showing the card may have helped avoid a few small embarrassments. Gives us both a face-saving way out.

Plus, long, long ago, as a newbie, I seem to recall some obscure T+C, something about always showing your card (that's probably dropped from the fine print, now), and I don't want to give them any excuse for a service failure or not honoring terms because I didn't follow some fine point. (Yeah, I got lawyers in the family. )

Of course, who needs a physical card these days? With modern technology and reliable Hyatt IT, my GP number and status are always in the reservation system (assuming I made a reservation), and/or my mobile device is always in my hand and charged, and I always have it on and my Hyatt info up on screen, and my credit card is always valid, handy, and...and... YMMV, so whatever works best for you.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I was recently told by GPP they aren't even sending out physical cards anymore. I don't know if that was accurate information, but is indicative of how useless they are.
I received my card in the mail (USA address) a couple months ago, without asking, shortly after I requalified for Diamond.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I carry my card when I travel. I keep all my cards rubber banded together in a cigar box and before each trip, the relevant ones go into my travel portfolio. I've never had a cause to use them but maybe one day it'll be good to have on me.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Never shown it in Asia. Almost always get recognition off the bat.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's the easiest way to give them the number.
I always seem to never be able to remember my hyatt number. Not sure why they make it so long.

I remember my MileagePlus, Avis, etc. #'s but the hyatt # is almost impossible frustratingly.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I was recently told by GPP they aren't even sending out physical cards anymore. I don't know if that was accurate information, but is indicative of how useless they are.
I was just going to ask about this. I received my Marriott and United cards weeks ago - but still zilch from Hyatt. Phone rep did tell me the cards were no longer needed, thus weren't being issued.. I'd figure at least I'd get something in the mail after diamond re-qual, no?

So far, nada.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My Diamond card came in the post last week with the United vouchers.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
Good deal.

I qualified my first time for Diamond, but haven't received any card or my UC vouchers yet. They were supposed to be sent, but I haven't apparently received them.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
I received my Diamond package with United Club passes yesterday. I have not had any stays yet.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
I don't have received my new card neither, before was useless.
BUT
Now with their IT issues, status are not up to date in the front desk system (they are not connected to GP anymore... weird but true) so you have to prove your status if you want the benefits... very humiliating to argue and discuss at the front desk... but it's the way Hyatt is right now!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Ha! Good timing for me. Left my card at the office (still!) and I have another check-in today.

One day I'll just put the thing in my bag . . .
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Ha! Good timing for me. Left my card at the office (still!) and I have another check-in today.

One day I'll just put the thing in my bag . . .
You can download the card in wallet for iPhone, works fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.