Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BA
I was looking at Hyatt Place Georgetown Washington DC from 9/20-9/24 and it said the Cash+Points rate was 6,000pts+$85 (king room) or 6,000pts+$90 (two beds). Why is this higher than $75 cash copay?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Supply and demand. Their computer system (when it's working right, i.e. almost never) can increase the co-pay based on a combination of factors.
Huh? I thought the co-pay was always set at $75 for category 3.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by wiivile
I was looking at Hyatt Place Georgetown Washington DC from 9/20-9/24 and it said the Cash+Points rate was 6,000pts+$85 (king room) or 6,000pts+$90 (two beds). Why is this higher than $75 cash copay?
Is it the taxes?

I booked a few international properties and it came out to be about $93 after exchange rate and it had some extra taxes
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Is it the taxes?

I booked a few international properties and it came out to be about $93 after exchange rate and it had some extra taxes
No. It is the base rate
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The Hyatt website will sometimes show an incorrect Co-Pay for a Points + Cash listing.

Variable Co-Pay Thread
Originally Posted by wiivile
Huh? I thought the co-pay was always set at $75 for category 3.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 15, 2017 at 5:25 am Reason: Correct info
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Call customer service to see why it's different than the published C&P rate.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:11 am

Do guaranteed availability nights count as eligible nights for elite status? Do they earn points? Thank you
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes to both. Guaranteed availability means you're going to be paying the rack rate, so it would count.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Variable Co-Pay feature was introduced earlier this year. There have been several threads about it, for example:

Variable Co-Pay Thread
LAME! Guess Cash + Points is more worthless...
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Variable Co-Pay feature was introduced earlier this year. There have been several threads about it, for example:

Variable Co-Pay Thread
The thread that you linked didn't show that it was a new feature as opposed to possible system glitches.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Variable Co-Pay Thread
Nonsense.... it's simply an Hyatt IT error.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:15 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nonsense.... it's simply an Hyatt IT error.
I suspect that an incorrect Co-Pay on the website will not work to the customer's benefit. Recently the website showed me Points + Cash copay at a Cat 3 property at $50 ... but it should have been $75. I booked it at $50 and the confirmation said $75. I phoned Hyatt Reservations because the website price was lower than my confirmed price. Hyatt reservations verified that the website is wrong and the CoPay is $75 at every Cat 3 property.

So, if the website shows a price which is too low, the customer does not get the benefit of that error. You get the correct (higher) price instead.

I don't know what would happen if the website shows a price which is too high. e.g. the website shows $85 but it really should be $75.

Based on this and other experiences: if website shows too high of a rate, phone in and book it.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 15, 2017 at 5:37 am Reason: Correction
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Variable Co-Pay Thread
There is nothing official in that list nor anything that can't be chalked up to faulty IT.

I know that the variable Co-Pay never works to the customer's benefit. Recently the .website said Points + Cash copay was $50 but it should have been $75. I booked it and the confirmation said $75. I phone Hyatt Reservations and they confirmed that the website is wrong and it's really $75.

I don't know what would happen if the website said $85 but it really should be $75.

Based on this and other experiences: if website shows too high of a rate, phone in and book it.
You have a confirmation that prices out in your favor and you call to get it 'fixed'? Why?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You have a confirmation that prices out in your favor and you call to get it 'fixed'? Why?
I believe he is saying that the website showed $50 but his confirmation email stated the correct rate of $75, so he was calling to complain and try to get the lower rate that was showing on the website.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know that the variable Co-Pay....
There is nothing like a variable P+C, you are just making it up.
Please stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.