Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's probably going to be a bad deal since there is a substantial margin taken on the currency exchange... no calculator, it's done by each individual property.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by itrvl
In my defense, I have done a search to try and find the answer to this question... I am not a "Hyatt Regular" so usually only use Hyatt points that have been transferred from UR.

What is anyone's experience using those gift cards at an international property? Specifically, I'd like to use it at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong.

When I've used Marriott gift cards internationally, they have a currency conversion function on their website so as long I know how much is on the card in the local currency, I've had no trouble using internationally.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.
Plastic gift cards only can be used in North America - for acceptance at international properties you must get the paper gift certificates. Beware of the exchange rate as mentioned above.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm just curious if there is any benefit for me to do cash and points vs a full points stay?For example there is a stay that would cost me $313. I can get it for 15k points or 7.5k points & $99. I went with the 15k points for the following reasons. I do not have any suite upgrades to use at this property. I am not going to have enough stays to make it to the next status level. I do have the credit card so I am getting back a slight number of points on my redemption. I understand I get more bang for my points with the cash/points redemption but I don't really feel like reaching into my pocket and I am getting slightly over .02 per point in value. Am I shooting myself in the foot somehow by doing straight points?
Old May 29, 2017, 1:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm just curious if there is any benefit for me to do cash and points vs a full points stay?For example there is a stay that would cost me $313. I can get it for 15k points or 7.5k points & $99. I went with the 15k points for the following reasons. I do not have any suite upgrades to use at this property. I am not going to have enough stays to make it to the next status level. I do have the credit card so I am getting back a slight number of points on my redemption. I understand I get more bang for my points with the cash/points redemption but I don't really feel like reaching into my pocket and I am getting slightly over .02 per point in value. Am I shooting myself in the foot somehow by doing straight points?
Doing C+P will give you night credits, so you may then get enough nights for the next status level?
Old May 29, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Doing C+P will give you night credits, so you may then get enough nights for the next status level?
Yea I figured that but I'm not going to have enough stays with Hyatt to reach the next level anyway a couple of my stays are with certs which won't count.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: N/A
Hi folks,

Do stays in las vegas on comped / free nights count towards hyatt nights status? Doing globalist challenge. I am still paying resort fee and the rate on several nights
Old May 29, 2017, 10:45 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi folks,

Do stays in las vegas on comped / free nights count towards hyatt nights status? Doing globalist challenge. I am still paying resort fee and the rate on several nights
nope - comped/free nights never count towards status @ Hyatt, even if you incur charges, such as resort fee, F&B etc.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Cross posting this question from the PH Maldives thread - I have a reservation confirmation from the hotel for 8 nights.

However, when I booked the hotel (using a combination of points and free nights from the Chase Hyatt CC), I accidentally left a gap in my booking of 1 night (in the middle of the the 8 nights).

I can't simply go in and book the missing night, as it has no award availability remaining - cash only. Just wondering what I should do, as the difference is over $2k.

TL;DR - I have a confirmation for all 8 nights from the PH Maldives, but Hyatt website shows a 1 night gap in the middle of my stay.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Contact customer service and tell them your confirmation is for all 8 nights without a gap. They should be able to resolve for you.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by 59Impala
nope - comped/free nights never count towards status @ Hyatt, even if you incur charges, such as resort fee, F&B etc.

Thanks!

Would discounted resort rates work? I am getting rates of ~$30 for excalibur through my mlife account.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:42 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by JBG89
Thanks!

Would discounted resort rates work? I am getting rates of ~$30 for excalibur through my mlife account.
I have booked discounted rates through the M-life website and they have been credited, yes.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:26 pm
JKD

not too familiar with Hyatt (new or old program !!) am trying to use credit card free night (sign up bonus) for Vineyard Creek Santa Rosa for our anniversary. We need specific dates due to Giants vs Rockies schedule in SF (SF already booked). Vineyard Creek shows only view rooms available, no standards; price difference is $10 ! but can't book the reward .... any advice ?? I already called the property and they can't change the room type .... toll free reservation line can't make the room switch either ... thanks in advance for any help !
Old May 31, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If it's a busy weekend, the hotel doesn't have to offer standard rooms to be used with free nights.

You only other option is to try to WoH concierge via PM to see if they can get something opened for you.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:29 pm
JKD

Thanks, Mary ! that's what I figured ... perhaps it's better to go with the flow and use the second night in SF to relax instead of fighting traffic to get there (and where hotels are super expensive) and pay $100 for a hotel in Santa Rosa :-) thanks a bunch !!
Old May 31, 2017, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JKD
not too familiar with Hyatt (new or old program !!) am trying to use credit card free night (sign up bonus) for Vineyard Creek Santa Rosa for our anniversary.
Hey just a heads up Vineyard Creek is not a particularly impressive property. I know they call it a "resort and spa" but that's really a stretch. They've also got a bunch of construction going on right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.