Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I just checked the Andaz Maui for same dates over thanksgiving, $514++ for five night res, one night rates are 514,434,434,464,464
This is common amongst all hotel chains. Not fair or nice, but its normal for them to pick the highest price/night. I always check single nights or have memorized pricing for commonly stayed at hotels.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
At one point, Hyatt was actually charging us the going rate for each individual night - and showing us what the rate was.

That stopped a few years ago. But it was nice information to have.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Wait, so you matched HyattGP Platinum to Mlife Gold (pre-March 1)
And then matched the other way
Mlife Gold to WOH Explorist after March 1?

Without actually "earning" Mlife Gold via Tier Credits?
I did it today!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by austin_modern
This is common amongst all hotel chains. Not fair or nice, but its normal for them to pick the highest price/night. I always check single nights or have memorized pricing for commonly stayed at hotels.
Sorry I misunderstood your earlier post, I see what you mean now. Pretty shady, is there any cost reason for this or just a way to make more money?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Wait, so you matched HyattGP Platinum to Mlife Gold (pre-March 1)
And then matched the other way
Mlife Gold to WOH Explorist after March 1?

Without actually "earning" Mlife Gold via Tier Credits?
Originally Posted by mhdena
I did it today!
My DW tried this today & hit a brick wall with Hyatt. Not only did a supervisor (who clearly had no idea what he was talking about) tell her she had to complete a certain number of stays to qualify, but Somebody made a mystery room reservation--cash rate, for 3 nights in our home city--in her account.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Sorry I misunderstood your earlier post, I see what you mean now. Pretty shady, is there any cost reason for this or just a way to make more money?
Since this is a thread for facts and not debate, I dont think anyone really knows beyond speculation. My advice is the same: always check the daily rates and book by days if needed at all hotels (not just hyatt.)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Since this is a thread for facts and not debate, I dont think anyone really knows beyond speculation. My advice is the same: always check the daily rates and book by days if needed at all hotels (not just hyatt.)
Thanks. Further playing with the Andaz maui,they are also playing games with award availability. Have to book six night block to get award (not P+C), can't book less than that.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:19 am

Total Hyatt newbie questions about club lounge access awards ahead:

1) What exactly is the lounge access for? I’ve read something about people getting room upgrades with redemptions of their awards….unless I completely misunderstood.

2) Is each of the 4 passes good for 4 reservations? Or is it per person? Per night? For example, say I have 3 guests on the reservation for a stay at the Hyatt Centric French Quarter next month for a 5 night stay. Will one pass grant access for all 3 guests to the lounge for all 5 nights?

3) Does the Hyatt Centric French Quarter even have a lounge?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by asdf916
Total Hyatt newbie questions about club lounge access awards ahead:

1) What exactly is the lounge access for? I’ve read something about people getting room upgrades with redemptions of their awards….unless I completely misunderstood.

2) Is each of the 4 passes good for 4 reservations? Or is it per person? Per night? For example, say I have 3 guests on the reservation for a stay at the Hyatt Centric French Quarter next month for a 5 night stay. Will one pass grant access for all 3 guests to the lounge for all 5 nights?

3) Does the Hyatt Centric French Quarter even have a lounge?
1) The club is an exclusive area that typically serves continental breakfast, usually with 1 or 2 hot items, snacks in the afternoon, and hor devours in the evening. Some clubs have free beer & wine. All have free drinks, sodas, juice, coffee. If travelling with family, this is a great way to cut down on food costs. To get access to the lounge you must 1) booked a club room, 2) used an upgrade, or 3) be a Globalist that always gets access. (This hasn't changed right?)

2) The pass is attached to the reservation, not per person. However, I believe that they are now limiting it to 2 adult, 2 children. I will note though that not all clubs have someone at the door to check but that doesn't mean to abuse the perk.

3) I'm not sure that the Hyatt Centric French Quarter has a club though. To verify, you want to look at the room types at the hotel. If they don't have club rooms, you can't just about guarantee that they don't have a club. Also look at descriptions of clubs. Some are closed on weekends or during certain times of the year.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Question about GOH program

I am trying to book a Guest of Honor stay for my sister in Australia.

Can I use Free Night Award from my Hyatt Credit card to this? These are only for Category 1-4. How do I find out what categories the hotels in Australia are?

I would greatly appreciate help with this.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I am trying to book a Guest of Honor stay for my sister in Australia.

Can I use Free Night Award from my Hyatt Credit card to this? These are only for Category 1-4. How do I find out what categories the hotels in Australia are?

I would greatly appreciate help with this.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-category.html

Search by Australia to see all the hotels and their categories
Old May 1, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cat. 4 hotels cost 15K points per night for a standard (non-Regency-club) room. So your Hyatt cert. is valid at hotels costing <15K. But last I heard, it's only for your own stay--not relatives nor friends
Old May 2, 2017, 9:10 pm

I just checked the Andaz Maui for same dates over thanksgiving, $514++ for five night res, one night rates are 514,434,434,464,464
I'm sure the comment I'm about to make must have been made many many times on FT. But this is the No Blame thread, right?

When I see a rate like this (and I think it's shameful, myself), I do divide it into the necessary stays to get the minimum cost (in this case 3 stays), or whatever number seems worth the trouble (in this case just 2 stays...putting the 434s and the 464s together and paying 464 for each of them).

I say "trouble" because it does cause a certain amount of trouble. Very often a hotel will make us come down and get new cards because they reset the lock...and the timing of this can be finicky, generally around check-out time.

Sometimes you have to actually check out and check back in again, and once in a while they've actually insisted that our old room is booked for the next night and that we have to move to a new room (this after I carefully booked the same kind of room for each stay).

Yes, I do see less of these problems nowadays if I call the hotel (or even the 800 number) and ask that the reservations be "linked." But they do still happen.

By the way, I haven't been talking specifically about Hyatt here. On the other hand, not all hotel chains pull the kind of pricing that started this discussion. Plenty of them show the actual price for each night.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yetanotherjanet
I'm sure the comment I'm about to make must have been made many many times on FT. But this is the No Blame thread, right?

When I see a rate like this (and I think it's shameful, myself), I do divide it into the necessary stays to get the minimum cost (in this case 3 stays), or whatever number seems worth the trouble (in this case just 2 stays...putting the 434s and the 464s together and paying 464 for each of them).

I say "trouble" because it does cause a certain amount of trouble. Very often a hotel will make us come down and get new cards because they reset the lock...and the timing of this can be finicky, generally around check-out time.

Sometimes you have to actually check out and check back in again, and once in a while they've actually insisted that our old room is booked for the next night and that we have to move to a new room (this after I carefully booked the same kind of room for each stay).

Yes, I do see less of these problems nowadays if I call the hotel (or even the 800 number) and ask that the reservations be "linked." But they do still happen.

By the way, I haven't been talking specifically about Hyatt here. On the other hand, not all hotel chains pull the kind of pricing that started this discussion. Plenty of them show the actual price for each night.
I almost always book hotels in series of 1 night stays for cancellation reasons and have never encountered anything you're talking about here.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I almost always book hotels in series of 1 night stays for cancellation reasons and have never encountered anything you're talking about here.
Exactly.... it's mostly nonsense. Properties will pro-actively combine reservations and in the case they don't simply mention it at check-in and you are all set.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.