Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I'm going to disagree on both points. Club mobay is a godsend during peak times and I find that the mobay lounge is perfectly acceptable considering the location.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:09 pm

has anyone used a dsu/tsu here? is it still the ocean view junior suite? i tried searching, but don't think there's enough dps. is it worth using here? would 3 nights be too little? thinking about a long weekend trip. thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
I used a DSU on an all points stay and received a junior ocean suite. However, the DSU was never pulled from my account so i'm not sure if I would have received that room either way or if that is the actual suite you are assigned when using a DSU
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:19 pm

thanks atlion! was the junior ocean suite worth the tsu?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:09 pm

I was not blown away by the suite, but I did enjoy it overall. I noticed some rooms in other buildings only had plastic patio chairs on their balcony while my suite had a comfortable daybed, so if lounging on the balcony is important to you then you may take that into consideration. The room also had a very large shower and separate tub which I don't believe come in the standard rooms.

I spent 5 days there and it was deserted on the weekdays, but began to fill up on the weekends so I'm not sure how likely an upgrade will be without applying a DSU/TSU.

I thought the view from the room was pretty good as well.
Attached Images  
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:12 pm

Also not sure if you were planning on staying at the Ziva or Zilara, but I was on the Zilara side.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
At the ziva now. Plan a full report once back next week, but can say the staff is beyond amazing. All of the short comings of mechanical (paint, etc) were more than made up for by the staff. The food is also quite good!!! More to come.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
At the ziva now. Plan a full report once back next week, but can say the staff is beyond amazing. All of the short comings of mechanical (paint, etc) were more than made up for by the staff. The food is also quite good!!! More to come.
Will be there over Christmas break, so very interested in current review.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:05 am

Anyone want to compare this place to the Grand Hyatt Kauai?

Are the pools grounds as nice as the GH Kauai?

Would you describe this hotel as an ideal caribbean hotel? Or are you better off waiting for....a Park Hyatt St Kitts or something?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by factory81
Anyone want to compare this place to the Grand Hyatt Kauai?

Are the pools grounds as nice as the GH Kauai?

Would you describe this hotel as an ideal caribbean hotel? Or are you better off waiting for....a Park Hyatt St Kitts or something?
Comparing an all-inclusive property to non all-inclusive property is impossible.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:11 pm

Just wanted to try and compare the pools I guess more than anything. I understand there is the free food and alcohol thing going on at the Zilara/Ziva, but certainly you could talk about the pools/hotel grounds/etc more.

I have seen some reviewers say that the Zilara/Ziva are not the best hotels for lounging at the pool much.

I absolutely loved the Grand Hyatt Kauai and all of its pools. So I want to see if there is any comparisons to be made.

Originally Posted by flyer121
Comparing an all-inclusive property to non all-inclusive property is impossible.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....I absolutely loved the Grand Hyatt Kauai and all of its pools. So I want to see if there is any comparisons to be made.
There is no comparison. Grand Hyatt Kauai wins hands down.

Just look at the rates, Grand Hyatt Kauai rates are usually equal or higher than Zilara Rose Hall while the latter is all inclusive. Rose Hall is not bad by any means yet Kauai is one of the best resorts.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:29 pm

Good to know. I was hoping for similar experiences at the Ziva/Zilara. When I looked at the hotels, they almost look the same. They both are not highrise hotels, with instead 4-5-6 story tall buildings that sprawl off in various wings. In regards to the price, I think Hawaii is just expensive in general, and the rates of the GH Kauai reflect that. Plus the fact that on Kauai the GH Kauai only has the St. Regis for competition.

I am not sure if the GH Kauai is one of the best pools/resorts in the Hyatt chain, but I have to say, I have found zero hotels in the caribbean from any chain, that has as much to offer in the pool area as the GH Kauai.

For those who have been to Kauai, what kind of comparisons can you make to Jamaica? Is Jamaica going to have awesome beaches with snorkeling? Slightly OT, but hoping someone here might be able to advise

Originally Posted by TerryK
There is no comparison. Grand Hyatt Kauai wins hands down.

Just look at the rates, Grand Hyatt Kauai rates are usually equal or higher than Zilara Rose Hall while the latter is all inclusive. Rose Hall is not bad by any means yet Kauai is one of the best resorts.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

......Is Jamaica going to have awesome beaches with snorkeling? Slightly OT, but hoping someone here might be able to advise
Nope. Sorry! Jamaica is not really the place for snorkeling/diving. Rose Hall beach is pretty average. Again, not bad but no comparison to Kauai.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Any review for the Ocean View One Bedroom Butler Suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.