Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica

I was making a Hyatt reservation this morning, and much to my surprise, the results included this property, which I had not seen on the results before. It appears that Hyatt now has a FS property at LAX.

Hotel Features
  • 580 guest rooms, including 240 kings, 340 Double Queens, 21 suites. 1 Presidential suite, 11 junior suites, 2 two bedroom suites and 7 one bedroom suites
  • Located less than one block from the Los Angeles International Airport
  • Closest Hotel to the Airport, conviniently within a 5 minute walking distance
  • 42,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting space
  • 14,200 square foot Ballroom
  • Largest meeting space in the Los Angeles Airport Strip
  • Palmira Restaurant featuring a fine American Cuisine
  • Concorde Lounge offering an extensive wine collection and wide variety of cocktails
  • Multilingual Staff
  • Rooms offer views of the LAX runway and Light Towers or the City and surrounding Mountains
  • 24 hour complimentary Gym with various Nautilus equipment
  • Year-round outdoor heated pool
  • Complimentary lobby and guest room Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary Shuttle to and from Los Angeles International Airport
  • Concierge Services available to book tours, dinning reservations and adventures
ETA: I see that this property has been discussed in the "Upcoming Properties" thread...

Last edited by Trustguy; Jul 30, 2014 at 10:51 am
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum,
It seems to be a Hyatt affiliate but interesting none the less. Not as convenient as the Hyatt Regency MCO =P
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
It's the former Radisson. Very convenient for LAX.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It was mentioned in the new property thread a few days ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...erties-22.html

Conclusion there is that it's a dump that's probably going to stay that way, even if a bit of money is spent.

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 30, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:29 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MIABarry
It's the former Radisson. Very convenient for LAX.
I'm guessing that like the LA Hotel Downtown, they'll have to do an extensive renovation before putting the Hyatt flag on it.

Looking at the pictures on Tripadvisor, it looks like this place is a bit of a dump at the present.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I stayed in it recently under the Radisson flag. Not at all special but got the job done.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by dw
I'm guessing that like the LA Hotel Downtown, they'll have to do an extensive renovation before putting the Hyatt flag on it.

Looking at the pictures on Tripadvisor, it looks like this place is a bit of a dump at the present.
I've never stayed there, but I pass by it all the time. It sure does appear dumpy-looking from the outside, but the location is fab.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by goldenargo85
It seems to be a Hyatt affiliate but interesting none the less. Not as convenient as the Hyatt Regency MCO =P
Does this mean that it does or does not grant Hyatt points and nights/stay credits?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:59 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good evening Flyertalkers!

The Concourse Hotel at LAX will grant Gold Passport points and stay credit for all eligible stays there while they are in the process of transitioning to a Hyatt.

I hope you enjoy the new property!

Abrea H
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
How ironic...this hotel was one of the, if not the, original "Hyatt House", in the days when that was the standard name given to all Hyatt hotels. So it's going back to its roots.

This hotel has one unique quality: It is incredibly well soundproofed. Though it's close to the runways, the double-paned windows block almost all of the outside sound. The opposite of the noisy Westin down the block.

Hopefully they make better use of the rooftop lounge than Radisson has in recent years.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
YES!
Off to look at rates so I can move some of my El Segundo stays here.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
More flagged properties to stay at is a good thing. Let's see how long it will take to get it to brand standard.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:05 am

It appears to be currently booking one rate as the Radisson and another rate as the Hyatt for the same night. May not last long
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AlexB
How ironic...this hotel was one of the, if not the, original "Hyatt House", in the days when that was the standard name given to all Hyatt hotels. So it's going back to its roots.

This hotel has one unique quality: It is incredibly well soundproofed. Though it's close to the runways, the double-paned windows block almost all of the outside sound. The opposite of the noisy Westin down the block.

Hopefully they make better use of the rooftop lounge than Radisson has in recent years.
What Westin down the block? The airport Westin is fairly far from the airport while this place is supposed to be the closest of the LAX airport hotels, claimed to be walkable from the terminals? I'm trying to picture exactly where this one is located and which building it is. Could you mean the Sheraton Gateway LAX which is closer than the Westin or Four Points? If so, is the Concourse Hotel between the Sheraton and the airport on the same side of the (same) busy street leading away from the airport terminals?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good evening Flyertalkers!

The Concourse Hotel at LAX will grant Gold Passport points and stay credit for all eligible stays there while they are in the process of transitioning to a Hyatt.

I hope you enjoy the new property!

Abrea H
Thanks. I booked a stay on the Hyatt website for later this month when I'll have an overnight connection at LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.