Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by serfty
Spread was fine, they did have some hot food - Egg Benedict & Oatmeal.
Looks a lot better than I thought and the breakfast seems workable.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Bottom line is that this is a nice property in spite of Hyatt, not because of it.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's a big food area, for example larger than the one in the Regency Club lounge at the Chicago HR in the loop, although the HR at ORD and the Manchester Hyatt in San Diego (for example among large USA Hyatts) have larger food service areas in their lounges.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JackE
Bottom line is that this is a nice property in spite of Hyatt, not because of it.
I met to say the local hotel not Hyatt Corp!! Sorry I was trying to do three things at one time
:ma
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Can someone tell me for a 2 night stay if this hotel or the Hyatt Place El Segundo is better and why? If it matters I do not think I will be using a pool but may use the gym.

Explorist if it matters. And I will have a car - looks like El Segundo has a $15 parking fee but not sure what it is at this hotel (I see 15.50 from a post last year but not sure if that is current).

Thanks.

Last edited by Rookie3; Jul 11, 2017 at 9:11 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Rookie3
Can someone tell me for a 2 night stay if this hotel or the Hyatt Place El Segundo is better and why? If it matters I do not think I will be using a pool but may use the gym.

Explorist if it matters. And I will have a car - looks like El Segundo has a $15 parking fee but not sure what it is at this hotel (I see 15.50 from a post last year but not sure if that is current).

Thanks.
I haven't stayed at the HP El Segundo, but when I used to stay at HP under Gold Passport, I never encountered a HP that was anywhere close to being as nice as HR LAX.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Stayed here again last week. Gym on penthouse level is now at the west end of the building with a great view of the terminals and the north and south runways. The old gym location faced south. I enjoyed the RC being open. They had jars of snacks sitting out in the afternoon. Food offerings were fairly minimal in the evening. I did not eat breakfast. I do miss the restaurant breakfast but still prefer having the RC available to me all day and evening. Many posters criticize this property but I like the location, being able to walk to and from LAX if I choose, 10-15 minute walk up Sepulveda to In-n-out and many other restaurants, and the avgeek friendly views from the rooms.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond

Thanks.
(310) 410 2025 Sunrise LAX parking is a cheap option near LAX HR. The Quick Park is very convenient. Make a reservation as it does sell out. QP is next to the HR just out the back door of the lobby. Sunrise is 2 blocks to the east. Parking at HR is $40.00 iirc. So yes it's expensive. If you are only staying one night, the HP LAX might be a better option. Maybe save a visit to HR when you have more time. Self parking at HR is $33.00. There is not much self parking available so you will most likely pay $40.00 for valet. Both options include in-and-out 24/7. I think the QP does not allow in-and-out. So you are paying for convenience. Let me know if this makes sense.

Last edited by gadberry; Jul 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm Reason: Add info
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:36 pm

Yes thanks...trying out Hyatt place this time.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.

Thanks.
Gym is outstanding and much better equipped than the HP El Segundo gym. As above (and my quote below), view in 2 directions of airport. A dozen total cardio machines, free weights, 6 or 8 weight lifting machines including 2 with vertically adjustable handles, almost any weight lifting regimen can be accomplished.

Depending on how much you’re going to need the car, you could consider walking to and from a car rental lot from the hotel and never bringing the car back to the hotel.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(May 2017) Just finished a 4 day stay, my 5th or 6th stay here during the past 2.5 years. Asked about club closure points, none given. No food credit. Renovations for the most part look very nice. Big, wide open lobby area which includes a bar and a café and the breakfast/casual dinner restaurant. Excellent premium Wi-Fi, although outrageously expensive (as above) if you have to pay for it. Used a DSU, nice suite with frig, juices and water as above. If you want bottled water at this hotel, just go to the fitness center where there is a frig with 50 bottles in it and lots more under the table.

New fitness center on the 13th (penthouse level) floor, pretty nice. 5-6 treadmills, several ellipticals, 2 upright bicycles, 2 recumbent bicycles, several weight machines, free weights 5-50 lbs, due this week. Great views, including the airport, facing north and west. Fun to be riding a bicycle machine and watching planes land and takeoff.

Regency Club not open yet but the door was open and I took a look around. Crappy location, at the end of 3rd floor hallway. (The penthouse level meeting room, with terrific views in 3 directions, which would get much more use as a Regency Club, would have been a much better location.) Almost finished, looks like it will be very nice. Spacious, I think I saw cappuccino or coffee machines on the wall, nice furnishings.

Minimalistic business center, 3 Apple computers and 2 printers on 2 tables.

Great location, closest hotel to the terminals. With typical LAX traffic, even though the shuttle (which is shared with a parking garage right behind the hotel) runs every 5-7 minutes, it’s much faster to walk from and to the airport.
Another stay this past weekend, supposed to be there for 4 nights, reservation made 1 week prior, Suite Upgrade requested and cleared immediately after booking.

Renovations basically complete. No more Diamond breakfast in restaurant, Regency Club as others have written, one more computer (in addition to 3 in Business Center) with printer in club.

Interesting that during my second afternoon, after 1 of 4 planned nights, while in the gym, we heard a loud boom and the building seemed to shake for a second. I commented to the person on the bicycle next to me “that didn’t sound very good”. Got back to the room, could hear the toilet hissing and no water from any faucet or shower. Didn’t put 2 and 2 together yet. Called and was told water out in the entire hotel, should be back in a few hours. Went for a run and could see an area in the front parking lot, surrounded by work crews, where the pavement was obviously disrupted. Got back, still no water, finally saw the light, checked out and walked to the Hilton LAX where I spent the next 3 nights. Went running past the hotel the next day, still no water but Porta-potties in the back parking lot. Called later, total time of water loss was 24 hours.

The Guest Experience Manager, whom I had exchanged emails after my May stay and prior to this stay regarding room/suite selection, proactively sent me an email comping the first night and room service breakfast and telling me he requested 12,000 points be added to my account. No mention of redepositing the Suite Upgrade award but I doubt that will be an issue once I write back to him. (In true Flyertalk tradition, I might even suggest 24,000 points would be more appropriate compensation! )
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Glob breakfast here, or OW lounge?

Staying here next week for one night. Catching the AA 773 LAX-MIA flight the next morning (9:50 am). Can anyone comment on whether the Glob breakfast here is better than what is offered in the OW lounge in TBIT? I'm assuming my flight will depart from the TBIT gates. We will have lounge access since we are flying in J.

I would guess the RC breakfast will be better, but am curious if anyone has any opinions.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I cant comment on OW Lounge for breakfast. But no Business Class Lounge anywhere has better food right now than UA ORD Polaris Lounge.

I would plan on breakfast at HR LAX RC, which has a decent selection, including smoked salmon.

Last edited by CIT85; Jul 17, 2017 at 11:12 am Reason: Added breakfast items
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:12 am

I don't know about the HP, but the rooms I've been getting at HR have great sound-proofed windows facing LAX.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Staying here next week for one night. Catching the AA 773 LAX-MIA flight the next morning (9:50 am). Can anyone comment on whether the Glob breakfast here is better than what is offered in the OW lounge in TBIT? I'm assuming my flight will depart from the TBIT gates. We will have lounge access since we are flying in J.

I would guess the RC breakfast will be better, but am curious if anyone has any opinions.
The RC breakfast seems to have one hot item and oatmeal each day. There are the usual cereals, fruit, bagels, danish as well as meet/cheese. It's a pretty nice spread in truth and I really have enjoyed it whilst here.

Not sure what state the Admirals Club at T4 is in but will see tomorrow as I am on the 6am to Phoenix.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for two nights. I had low expectations based on this thread, and I am pleased to say that they were exceeded.

1. The location can't be beat if you have a late inbound or an early outbound flight. I had both, a 10pm arrival and then a 5:45am departure two mornings later. A round trip Uber to downtown LA for my meetings was a little under $60.

2. The club wasn't horrible. I only wish that they opened at 5:30 or 6 instead of 6:30 on weekdays, since a lot of us who stay on east coast time are up at 4 or 4:30.

3. The little food place in the lobby was open 24 hours. Prices were sky high ($11 for a brownie and a Gatorade) but it was still nice to have the option.

4. The soundproofing on my 11th floor room was great

5. The room was comfortable for one person, although the bathroom was too small.

6. The shuttle bus was convenient and ran frequently. No issue getting a bus at 4:30am.

Even when I lose Globalist status in 2018, I'll probably stay here when I need an LAX hotel and don't need in and out parking privileges like I can get at the Hyatt Place LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.