Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Standard Hyatt practice is to automatically put a tip ...
Understood, thank you.

Originally Posted by maewest
… whether the club would be open …
When I called last week, a few days prior to my stay, I was told the club was expected to be opening within 1-2 weeks. It appeared to me that the club was close to being ready for opening.

… did you have to pay for the buffet or was that waived due to status/absence of club lounge?
Breakfast comped as Globalist, for 1 or 2 people each day of my stay.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:42 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I'm in house today - first stay since the "Concourse" days - mixture of several "modern" HY Regency decors: have to put the key in the room wall slot to keep the lights/a.c. going; no desk in the room, but a table with no task chairs, just low gaudy swivels. Hard "L" shaped couch. Kinda small compared to the Westin LAX which is my usual airport venue.

Latest is the RC is opening in maybe, possibly, a week. Mgt. wants to ensure that all is up to code and HY standards.

Desk staff is nice - stopped by early yest. on my way to downtown LA and was readily granted a high floor quiet King, although high occupancy and being WOH dirt-level. Bottles of water abound behind the check-in desk and was offered one. Basic internet is quite fast at about 4.5 down/up. Bath is nice as is mini-fridge. Will report on the bkfst. later. As reported above, Bus. Center minimalist and it's hard to find. Very good soundproofing in this 11th fl. room next to the LAX 24s. Oh, and the most important thing, toothpaste on guest bath counter
Old May 10, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Only 2 posts before yours is a review that mentions that the club hasn't opened yet. It is planned but this property is being renovated....
Yes, I am aware of that which is why in my post, I noted that the question I asked was "whether the club would be open by the time of my stay and if not, what is being offered in its place."

In my email I had included the date of my stay so I would have expected a confirmation of the projected opening rather than saying there was no club at all. If you have read the thread, this thread the club has been closed for renovation for quite some time, and was originally projected to reopen months ago.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You only know for sure when it has actually opened.....
Old May 10, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
You're about as helpful as the hotel's 'no club' response.

Anyway, for those who received a $ credit that was able to be used for something other than breakfast - consider yourselves lucky! Hotel just confirmed the standard breakfast for 2. I'll be at the property in about 2 weeks time and am curious if Dr J's intel will prove correct. Sounds like the property has been feeding the "1-2 weeks away" line to guests for awhile now.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SW CC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I have a data point to add... last Saturday upon check in I asked about the Club opening date. The Front Desk Agent was very apologetic and acknowledged that they keep on pushing the date back. She also said she didn't want to give me
a date because it would just be a guess.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Seems odd to say they do not have a club.

It's not open, so it's a fair statement.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You're about as helpful as the hotel's 'no club' response.
I don't think so. You are looking for an opening date that nobody is willing to commit to... so the hard reality is you will only know for sure if it actually opens, until that time there is no club.
And even when they have opened they could close it at random times (hardly a surprise in the US) where the only entitlement you have is the restaurant breakfast that you have already been offered.

I think for lots of US properties plenty of people actually prefer the restaurant breakfast over a mediocre club.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's almost as if they are trying to hold out as long as they can before opening the club.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:15 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
But that s-l-o-w RC opening is good news for those at the top end of WoH as they'll get comped at the plentiful, great bkfst buffet in the hotel restaurant. Had it yesterday, and it was more bountiful than I had the time to explore and I'm not even an Explorist.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
But that s-l-o-w RC opening is good news for those at the top end of WoH as they'll get comped at the plentiful, great bkfst buffet in the hotel restaurant. Had it yesterday, and it was more bountiful than I had the time to explore and I'm not even an Explorist.
But Globs lose the evening lounge snacks and currently don't even get 2500 points for the inconvenience. Also, many of us appreciate lounges as good places to hang out a bit while traveling or to use a computer and printer.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

But Globs lose the evening lounge snacks and currently don't even get 2500 points for the inconvenience. Also, many of us appreciate lounges as good places to hang out a bit while traveling or to use a computer and printer.
But you have to take a lesser breakfast and that for snacks in a US lounge?
Old May 11, 2017, 2:33 pm
Senior Moderator

I agree that there are other benefits to having a RC lounge, esp. if adequate in size, facilities and morning/evening/dessert offerings. Esp. at this LAX property, where the guest rooms seem smaller than what nearby Starwood hotels regularly assign to top-tier SPG folks, a spacious RC can complement the HR choice.

As RTW1 points out, there are tradeoffs even if the RC is open. Ultimately, it's a matter of the best tradeoff and that'll depend on what the property has to offer and the guest's priorities.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I just got back from another stay nothing new other than when talking to the front desk agent he rolled his eyes when I asked about the RC. My opinion is we won't see that anytime in our lives unless of course Hyatt comes down on them and that is slim to none. Frankly we are better off if they don't open it up, first breakfast is free now and the buffet there is pretty good, should be at the damn price they charge if a RC is opened with all things considered it would be a downgrade. This is yet another example of WOH taking away benefits. If the old system was in play we would get some compensation.

The rest of the hotel is about the same however I will say that the rapid "cheap charlie" rehab is starting to show. Wall paper in the hallways is not holding up well, light switches improperly installed to begin are worse, mine I had to bang to get it to work.

On the positive side great location land shuttle over then use Lyft to get around town!

Food and Beverage reminds me of the PHV in Paris. It's LA
Old May 25, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Anyone know how early the buffet (for a Diamond) opens? I have an early flight... yeah I could call but I'm guessing someone here has recently also had an early flight and know the answer and posts soon enough (I'm not in a rush for the answer)... thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.