Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 4:11 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
IIRC from my last, recent stay there, 6AM on weekdays.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Just checked in - hotel had me in a King on 10 but upon request, was able to find an available suite to upgrade (Glob) on the 12th floor. 2 bottles of water in room, no fresh juices as a more recent post mentioned which would have been a nice treat!

Regency club still not ready, was told comp breakfast for up to 3 guests (though she seemed unsure) and that I could just sign to the room and it would be removed at checkout. Also confirmed complimentary parking applies to both self park AND valet, and both have in/out privileges. Very nice.

I did receive an email from the Front Office supervisor this morning noting:

..."Exceeding your expectations is our goal and we would love to make sure everything is ready for your arrival. In order to create an experience especially catered to you personally, we would like to know a bit more about you.

Any of your tastes and preferences you would like to share, along with your favorite hobbies, sports, teams, etc. would be most helpful. If you are traveling with your family please feel free to let us know their preferences as well.

If there are any special arrangements that need to be prepared prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to let us know."

No special prefs required for the stay but would have been nice to receive the note with a little more lead time. I did respond with our interests/hobbies but do not have any expectations.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by maewest
Just checked in - hotel had me in a King on 10 but upon request, was able to find an available suite to upgrade (Glob) on the 12th floor. 2 bottles of water in room, no fresh juices as a more recent post mentioned which would have been a nice treat!

Regency club still not ready, was told comp breakfast for up to 3 guests (though she seemed unsure) and that I could just sign to the room and it would be removed at checkout. Also confirmed complimentary parking applies to both self park AND valet, and both have in/out privileges. Very nice.

I did receive an email from the Front Office supervisor this morning noting:

..."Exceeding your expectations is our goal and we would love to make sure everything is ready for your arrival. In order to create an experience especially catered to you personally, we would like to know a bit more about you.

Any of your tastes and preferences you would like to share, along with your favorite hobbies, sports, teams, etc. would be most helpful. If you are traveling with your family please feel free to let us know their preferences as well.

If there are any special arrangements that need to be prepared prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to let us know."

No special prefs required for the stay but would have been nice to receive the note with a little more lead time. I did respond with our interests/hobbies but do not have any expectations.
Like many Hyatt's today spotty benefits with WOH. If this place was not so dam convenient I wouldn't use it
Old May 27, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
agree - great jumping off point. convenient short walk from the terminal plus the 24 hour shuttle is A+

Was not impressed with the restaurant's buffet selection - a la carte had much better items for breakfast. One odd item is that juice is apparently $8 a glass if you don't get the buffet? And is... not fresh squeezed? No matter if you're a Globalist but still oddly priced when most breakfast dishes are in the $15 range
Old May 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by maewest
agree - great jumping off point. convenient short walk from the terminal plus the 24 hour shuttle is A+

Was not impressed with the restaurant's buffet selection - a la carte had much better items for breakfast. One odd item is that juice is apparently $8 a glass if you don't get the buffet? And is... not fresh squeezed? No matter if you're a Globalist but still oddly priced when most breakfast dishes are in the $15 range
Yep but this property is emblematic of WOH system wide, there is no continuity at all. Simply put declining benefits and standards. It's sad too.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Anyone know how early the buffet (for a Diamond) opens? I have an early flight... yeah I could call but I'm guessing someone here has recently also had an early flight and know the answer and posts soon enough (I'm not in a rush for the answer)... thx.
I had an early morning flight a few weeks ago, long before restaurant opened for breakfast, I was given a voucher for $30 to use at the Market. That was good for a sandwich, a juice and a latte.

No upgrade as a Globalist.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
I had an early morning flight a few weeks ago, long before restaurant opened for breakfast, I was given a voucher for $30 to use at the Market. That was good for a sandwich, a juice and a latte.

No upgrade as a Globalist.
six stays Zero upgrades. In my opinion the only thing that makes this place work is Uber/Lift to meetings and LAX Certainly not the food and beverage pricing, noise in lobby and less than quality material's used in rehab.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
six stays Zero upgrades. In my opinion the only thing that makes this place work is Uber/Lift to meetings and LAX Certainly not the food and beverage pricing, noise in lobby and less than quality material's used in rehab.
I'm not expecting bargain living at a proper hotel. The food is considerably better than the usual. If it's a few extra bucks in the restaurant, so be it.

Agree the lobby can get noisy. There seem to be a lot of groups going through, including young people.

Mixed feelings about the rehab. It's sort of like they tried but a few of the little things didn't quite hit. I've seen that in a few other properties. Well, at least they always get a chance for a do-over considering how hotels need frequent refurbishing.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
I'm not expecting bargain living at a proper hotel. The food is considerably better than the usual. If it's a few extra bucks in the restaurant, so be it.

Agree the lobby can get noisy. There seem to be a lot of groups going through, including young people.

Mixed feelings about the rehab. It's sort of like they tried but a few of the little things didn't quite hit. I've seen that in a few other properties. Well, at least they always get a chance for a do-over considering how hotels need frequent refurbishing.
this was a semi gut job. The quality of the project depends solely on who owns the property.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
this was a semi gut job. The quality of the project depends solely on who owns the property.

Agree except for "solely". Clearly the contractors are a factor, and yes, I know that they need oversight.

I am willing to give the property the benefit of the doubt with respect to how deep they are willing to reach into their pockets. In the long run-up to the final reflag, they were treating guests, or at least Diamond guests, or at least me, first-rate.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
Agree except for "solely". Clearly the contractors are a factor, and yes, I know that they need oversight.

I am willing to give the property the benefit of the doubt with respect to how deep they are willing to reach into their pockets. In the long run-up to the final reflag, they were treating guests, or at least Diamond guests, or at least me, first-rate.
You know it has a great location one of the main things that makes it so are the ride sharing companies. Renting a car at LAX is to say the least un appealing.

Look RC highly doubtful frankly as I said I prefer the breakfast credit. So as long as we know what the hotel is it's fine! And they have a pretty good wine by the glass selection
Old May 29, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... And they have a pretty good wine by the glass selection
Purdy's (a 10 minute walk up the road) has a better selection by the bottle for a similar price ...
Old May 29, 2017, 11:54 pm

A few positive updates:

Really appreciated the Globalist free parking benefit which included valet - was able to valet w/late checkout no issues
Best breakfast menu items: mushroom/leek/boursin omelette and avocado toast
(Banh mi and huevos con chorizo very lackluster)
Asked for upgrade and received
Had a 1 night stay (cat 1-4) where parking/breakfast etc all was taken off automatically vs a 3 nt points stay where at checkout I confirmed 0 balance and at that time the desk said yes....except for breakfast and valet (???) but after a reminder of Glob benefits, all was removed without issue
Pool was very warm, no signage or mention of it anywhere on property which is odd, but nice that most people did not seem to know of it's existence.

I had asked a few weeks ago what the difference was between a studio suite and a suite king:

Studio Suite - more of a junior suite setup, all one extra large room with a divide between a generous living space w/kitchenette, large bathroom w/double sink. Per Hyatt.com this room is supposed to come with 4 juices. My room did not - wish I had double checked this while still on my stay rather than just chalking it up to the other poster getting lucky!

Suite King - bedroom is completely separate from living area which also has a large dining or conference table. Same kitchenette but has an extra half bath which a strangely uncomfortable square toilet. Regular bathroom is smaller than that of the Studio Suite. Overall is a larger room (800 vs 600 sq ft) but may feel smaller depending how much time you spend lounging in the bedroom vs the common area.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:55 pm

Oh and the Studio suite does have a small desk, underneath the tv which is wall mounted on the dividing wall between bedroom and living area.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Purdy's (a 10 minute walk up the road) has a better selection by the bottle for a similar price ...
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.