Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Diamond Benefits:
  • No Regency Club; breakfast entrees on the menu at T45
    • Last reported as $34 per person, up to 4 persons.
    • Room service is available as part of the benefit.
  • Amenities (choice of one, as of 3/19/2015)
    • 1,000 points
    • 25-minute massage at the spa
    • 2 drinks at the T54 rooftop bar

In general:
  • Parking
    • Valet: $64/night
    • Self: LOL
    • Street: LOLOL
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Not sure about this GP2000 thing, but for Dec-Jan, when they were doing the second night at GP7500, I had to call in, then whoever was on the line had to check to make sure that it was stackable with whatever other code I was using (DISC15 ?). It was ... and is. The new (happy ) problem these days is that to get the My Elite rate we have to go in with a virgin discount setting. So it may be -- do any of you know ? -- that to do the GP2000 with the My Elite rate we will have to call .... In any event, as per LilZeppelin, I still had to call after for my 7,500 points.
I just booked a stay for mid-March and tried to apply GP2000 to my stay using MyEliteRate, but they said that MER was not one that qualified (weird when they allow basically ever other, including AAA)... I told them that there is a possibility it is not on the list because when the offer was published, MER was not available at that time. She looked into it and said it's specifically left out. She left a note on my account that if the hotel wants to add it to my welcome bonus, they can. Fingers crossed!

And confirmed into the corner suite with a DSU.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by healthnut
I just booked a stay for mid-March and tried to apply GP2000 to my stay using MyEliteRate, but they said that MER was not one that qualified (weird when they allow basically ever other, including AAA)... I told them that there is a possibility it is not on the list because when the offer was published, MER was not available at that time. She looked into it and said it's specifically left out. She left a note on my account that if the hotel wants to add it to my welcome bonus, they can. Fingers crossed!

And confirmed into the corner suite with a DSU.
Hmmm ... That's annoying ... and a bit suspicious, first because they had already let the fox in with the chickens in January, as per my earlier post (when they were allowing a 7500 points on second night to stack with the DISC15 rate); second, because as you point out, they are letting this apply to AAA rates.

Anyhow, thanks for checking and posting back on this. All these little things really only matter at the margin. In this case, for next month, they may have managed to exceed my marginal utility. This said, it's a new, cool-enough hotel. Enjoy, and if they come through by some chance with the GP miles, that will be great.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Feb 24, 2014 at 5:54 am Reason: Realized that the stacking was not with My Elite
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I too, couldn't get the bonus with the elite rate. I tried over the phone, and when I got on site, and neither worked.

I must say, this hotel is very customer friendly. Everyone was very helpful and the FD Mgr walked me up to my room. Basic room, but better than the Grand. Overall, if you need to be in that area, I would choose this place.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Anybody know for the 2K promo if you can do back to back nights on separate reservations? I assume that will only count as 1 stay too right?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Anybody know for the 2K promo if you can do back to back nights on separate reservations? I assume that will only count as 1 stay too right?
Would be awesome! However, from my experience, it will be up to the hotel whether to give the 2k points or not (they probably will, I assume).

The issue here is whether they will just combine the two stays as an order of business at check-in or allow you to keep them separated. Although a lot of assuming, I would assume that they would combine them as then all of us would make many one-night reservations to maintain 25 stays/year quite easily.

Let us know!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Stayed one night this weekend. The new addition to Hyatt's NYC footprint, the Hyatt TS, is a soaring hotel that rises over 50 floors into the midtown Manhattan skyline. The hotel doesn't feel huge given that there are not many rooms on each floor. We stayed in a King room and received no further upgrades. The gym is amazing (even though we didn't use it). I did not make it to the spa.

The hotel provides a great breakfast restaurant. I had the most interesting combo dish that included meatloaf, collard greens and smoothered potatoes. Do I need to eat for a week now? Probably not. Unlimited mimosas are offered at brunch for $16. No breakfast charges appeared on our bill. The Sky Bar is charging Salon de Ning, but this isn't the Peninsula. Not even close. Hopefully they will readjust.

Front desk clerk Steven and Manager Pablo were very friendly and informative. The diamond amenity is crap (Hyatt branded purse hook or cufflinks...not all that attractive in my opinion). We chose points.

I have to figure out how to post some pics and will update if/when i do.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Has anyone pointed out to the hotel that the Diamond amenity is supposed to be "food and beverage", not accessories?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Has anyone pointed out to the hotel that the Diamond amenity is supposed to be "food and beverage", not accessories?
Is it only food or beverage? I asked for the cuffs and points and was kindly denied. I did like the property and I have no need for the Grand Hyatt anymore.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Is it only food or beverage? I asked for the cuffs and points and was kindly denied. I did like the property and I have no need for the Grand Hyatt anymore.
HA! You would think that they could afford giving away these $2.99 trinkets and the points given that the F&B amenity is usually a retail value of $20-40 based on the hotel's restaurant pricing.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
I just checked out of the Times Square hotel on Sunday. I thought the property was awesome: rooms were spacious, bathroom modern, fitness center large, and the rooftop bar was great. No complaints at all.

Per the 2k points, I confirmed with Hyatt when I made the reservation (my elite rate), confirmed at check-in, and then called yesterday to confirm they would post on the account. Within a couple of minutes, they were there.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CaroPalms
I just checked out of the Times Square hotel on Sunday. I thought the property was awesome: rooms were spacious, bathroom modern, fitness center large, and the rooftop bar was great. No complaints at all.

Per the 2k points, I confirmed with Hyatt when I made the reservation (my elite rate), confirmed at check-in, and then called yesterday to confirm they would post on the account. Within a couple of minutes, they were there.
Very good news about the points! Hopefully I can report back with similar success!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:48 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Stayed here again recently. Still really think this is a great property but got in late and was tired. They had a menu in the room and I thought I would order room service. When I called they told me I could order whatever I wanted but it would all be delivered in a big bag in disposable containers with plastic cutlery. The food was very good, but the experience really didn't match the quality of the hotel. Had breakfast in the restaurant and I still think the overall design and theme of the restaurant really doesn't fit well with the hotel. The lobby and staff and rooms give a sleek, hip feel but the diner themed restaurant just doesn't resonate with me. However, the food is very good quality and very nicely prepared.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:34 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by GB
Stayed here again recently. Still really think this is a great property but got in late and was tired. They had a menu in the room and I thought I would order room service. When I called they told me I could order whatever I wanted but it would all be delivered in a big bag in disposable containers with plastic cutlery. The food was very good, but the experience really didn't match the quality of the hotel. Had breakfast in the restaurant and I still think the overall design and theme of the restaurant really doesn't fit well with the hotel. The lobby and staff and rooms give a sleek, hip feel but the diner themed restaurant just doesn't resonate with me. However, the food is very good quality and very nicely prepared.
There appears to be a thought amongst hotel owners and their corporations that guests don't want room service but grab and go or delivery service.
Because there is a significant cost to running room service the Hilton on 6th Avenue was amongst the very first to do away with room service and made national headlines in doing so.

My feeling is if I am spending 79 dollars a night maybe 99 it may be appropriate to not have traditional room service. Like a Hyatt Place or other limited service
But like airlines that make microscopic seats with little room for your legs.There is a belief that customer will go along with whatever the hotel does.Hence paper bags and plastic cutlery.
If I like the hotel and the food is good enough I would probably eat out of a shoebox
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:40 pm

Just checked out. This is a great hotel. Everything is new and clean. Great fitness center, clean spacious room. Diner is very good (try the hash and short ribs). Great diamond recognition. They covered the tip as well as cost of the meal.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
My stay just posted but 2K bonus points didn't post. Anyone else having issues?

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/01/09/h...y-0203-033114/

Should I call Hyatt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.