Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:25 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Who cares about using those anyway, now that they went up as much as 300%.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
FD1971, you win. I can't match your ability to infinitely elasticize data points.
It is not about winning...

It is about pointing out the difference between the Park Vendome and other comparable hotels in Paris in order to inform the reader about options.

Additionally, as pointed out in the Park Vendome master thread, the hotel is not as good and/or unique anymore. 15k back in the days, when the Regency CDG charged 8k and Madelaine charged 12 and then 15k was a solid deal, maybe even a steal.

Nowadays, just the co-pay gets you a nice hotel room in Paris and 15k saves you ~$400 per night for a free room in Hamburg or Berlin during high season there.

At least in my book a better option.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
It is not about winning...

It is about pointing out the difference between the Park Vendome and other comparable hotels in Paris in order to inform the reader about options.

Additionally, as pointed out in the Park Vendome master thread, the hotel is not as good and/or unique anymore. 15k back in the days, when the Regency CDG charged 8k and Madelaine charged 12 and then 15k was a solid deal, maybe even a steal.

Nowadays, just the co-pay gets you a nice hotel room in Paris and 15k saves you ~$400 per night for a free room in Hamburg or Berlin during high season there.

At least in my book a better option.
Do these cash and points work for PH Zurich? At the published rates? I think it would be a good deal here.. I'm still wrapping my head around these changes, and the implications it means for my travels. Zurich is one of my favorite cities in Europe that we've visited last year, as well as Venice.

I wasn't planning to use points to redeem for nights.. A reason is because reward redemption previously did not qualify for stay credit. But cash and points, does qualify for stay credit.. and this feature in itself is a game changer.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Do these cash and points work for PH Zurich? At the published rates? I think it would be a good deal here.. I'm still wrapping my head around these changes, and the implications it means for my travels. Zurich is one of my favorite cities in Europe that we've visited last year, as well as Venice.
Basically the same situation compared to Paris.

Several newer and very decent hotels in town for roughly 25-50% of what the Hyatt charges per night.

Park Zurich is a very good hotel, a couple of years ahead of the Park Vendome, when it comes to renovation needs, but at 30k or 15K+$300 hopelessly overpriced.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Basically the same situation compared to Paris.

Several newer and very decent hotels in town for roughly 25-50% of what the Hyatt charges per night.

Park Zurich is a very good hotel, a couple of years ahead of the Park Vendome, when it comes to renovation needs, but at 30k or 15K+$300 hopelessly overpriced.
But compared to the rack rates of $800 to $1,000 per night, this makes it doable, whereas it was out of my price range before. Plus applying a suite upgrade, I would do this stay for a week. The rack rate for a suite is astronomical!

Plus I have no problem paying for hotel rooms up to $500 per night and $700 per night for packages.

I'm starting to like this concept of cash and points. Still learning about it, but definitely helps to earn stay credit. Its a game changer for me.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Will cash and points be offered for Hyatt Vacation Club properties?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
But compared to the rack rates of $800 to $1,000 per night, this makes it doable, whereas it was out of my price range before. Plus applying a suite upgrade, I would do this stay for a week. The rack rate for a suite is astronomical!
One word: Why?

Just like the Park Hyatt Sydney, the Park Hyatt Zurich is way overpriced and overrated as well. The rates are insane and reflect in no way what you get for your money. Keep in mind these hotels charge double what the Park Hyatt Tokyo does.

And indeed, there are nice options in Zurich for way below the rates of the PH.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:43 am
Suspended

Plus I have no problem paying for hotel rooms up to $500 per night and $700 per night for packages.

I'm starting to like this concept of cash and points. Still learning about it, but definitely helps to earn stay credit. Its a game changer for me.
The perception of value is certainly very personal, therefore you might calculate with different variables, but for me, as pointed out before and confirmed by Skywalker (that is a first ) the Park Zurich is nothing more than a really good hotel with an almost perfect location for the finance industry in Zurich.

The Renaissance Zurich Tower, which is just two years old will offer you a Senior Suite below the rates for a standard room at the Park Zurich. If you contact them re. their rates for the Pres. Suite, I am sure you should get it for roughly SFR. 1000, if you stay a few nights in a row and over a weekend.

Official rate is around SFR. 1400.

Personally, I do not expect that we are able to combine C+P awards with suite upgrades of any kind.

Last edited by FD1971; Nov 24, 2013 at 4:17 am
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Jorgen
I just skimmed through this thread, and it's amazing to see the change in tone from page 1 to page 9, as we go from "Finally, some positive changes ^^^" to "Waaah, these positive changes fail to be any significant benefit to people in my specific situation "

These changes are of benefit to me personally, even if they're not to someone else. And in the current climate we're lucky to get any changes that are of benefit to anyone at all. So, big pat on the back for Hyatt Gold Passport.
Originally Posted by azepine00
this..
but people seem to live in the past and measure current benefits against some reference points from old days rather than what competition offers today..
This....

I am optimistic of these changes and will base my opinion on how they are implemented. I can see value for me in P+C since I pay most of my stays out of pocket.

I would love to see tier qualification with points only stays ala Hilton.

HGP has done some trivial things lately with the CC and point devaluation, but I stick around for the service and treatment I receive at Hyatt Hotels as a Diamond. Points and free nights are a perk/bonus to me. Keep my upgrades and free breakfasts coming and I am pretty satisfied. YMMV.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
One word: Why?

Just like the Park Hyatt Sydney, the Park Hyatt Zurich is way overpriced and overrated as well. The rates are insane and reflect in no way what you get for your money. Keep in mind these hotels charge double what the Park Hyatt Tokyo does.

And indeed, there are nice options in Zurich for way below the rates of the PH.
The perception of value is certainly very personal, therefore you might calculate with different variables, but for me, as pointed out before and confirmed by Skywalker (that is a first ) the Park Zurich is nothing more than a really good hotel with an almost perfect location for the finance industry in Zurich.

The Renaissance Zurich Tower, which is just two years old will offer you a Senior Suite below the rates for a standard room at the Park Zurich. If you contact them re. their rates for the Pres. Suite, I am sure you should get it for roughly SFR. 1000, if you stay a few nights in a row and over a weekend.

Official rate is around SFR. 1400.

Personally, I do not expect that we are able to combine C+P awards with suite upgrades of any kind.
Certainly good points.. but using cash and points, I will achieve an exceptional rate with a few points spent per night. @$300 per night and 15K points, it will be cheaper to get the suite combined with the DSU. I don't want to be spending a little bit less than the $800-$1000 for a suite at the Renaissance. Plus with the benefits of Diamond I will receive free breakfast, and certainly the taxes on $300 per night is going to be less than the senior suite at the renaissance.

If paying cash, I would agree with the points presented here. With cash and points its a game changer that makes me consider PH Zurich and PH Sydney for the very first time. Stay recognition as an important factor. I would never redeem points for free nights because free nights doesn't count towards stay status. Cash and points does.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
This thread and more specifically a couple of posters in this entire section of FT, are the reason this is my first time checking the forum in over a month.

Flame me or not, I find some of the tone of these posts (and the message themselves) borderline disgusting.

The old saying of give someone a voice and they rarely speak much, but give someone a keyboard and watch them yell shines through in this thread more than most.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Certainly good points.. but using cash and points, I will achieve an exceptional rate with a few points spent per night. @$300 per night and 15K points, it will be cheaper to get the suite combined with the DSU. I don't want to be spending a little bit less than the $800-$1000 for a suite at the Renaissance. Plus with the benefits of Diamond I will receive free breakfast, and certainly the taxes on $300 per night is going to be less than the senior suite at the renaissance.

If paying cash, I would agree with the points presented here. With cash and points its a game changer that makes me consider PH Zurich and PH Sydney for the very first time. Stay recognition as an important factor. I would never redeem points for free nights because free nights doesn't count towards stay status. Cash and points does.
As pointed out before, I do not expect that one will be able to combine C+P with the Diamond suite upgrade certs or by using points (which is not as lucrative as it used to be anyway)

But it is interesting to see your perspective. You obviously joined the party very late, you never experienced FFN or 15k top category redemption, while earning close to 3k during every stay, so the value proposition of 15k + $300 might actually look appealing in your book.

Maybe, it is also the fact that once you have seen those properties, you somehow lose interest in them. Zurich is a great hotel, but it is not really special or worth mentioning during a small talk at a dinner party.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:35 pm
Suspended

As pointed out before, I do not expect that one will be able to combine C+P with the Diamond suite upgrade certs or by using points (which is not as lucrative as it used to be anyway)

But it is interesting to see your perspective. You obviously joined the party very late, you never experienced FFN or 15k top category redemption, while earning close to 3k during every stay, so the value proposition of 15k + $300 might actually look appealing in your book.

Maybe, it is also the fact that once you have seen those properties, you somehow lose interest in them. Zurich is a great hotel, but it is not really special or worth mentioning during a small talk at a dinner party.
On the top of the page FAQ, it states 'are confirmed suite upgrades able to be used with cash and points'.. And the answer is yes.

Prior, reward redemptions neither qualified for stay credit nor suite upgrade. I asked up thread if 6,000 point suite grades qualified for cash and points and the answer came back no. Thus the ability to use DSUs is the only possible suite upgrade remaining per FAQ. This is the game changer. I'm considering seriously to sign up my wife for the Diamond Challenge sometime next year, as we travel together as a family and can use the DSU benefit.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
I'm considering seriously to sign up my wife for the Diamond Challenge sometime next year, as we travel together as a family and can use the DSU benefit
The only problem with that is you will have no Diamond benefits since the reservation will be under your wife's GP number not yours during the challenge.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
I guess people just expect to be treated with some fairness... And that is expecting to be able to use the points/miles on the conditions they were earned and not be the victim of some random devaluation.

And yes, I know what the T&C say.....
Reasonable devaluation is a fact of life - just like inflation... i dont expwct my money to become worthless but i dont expext to have the same buying power years from now..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.