Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
NO, compared to the Hyatt Gold Passport of the past no credit is due... the program took a horrible dive, these are just soft improvements to a once AWESOME program. Mr. Zidell is on my DO NOT LIKE LIST.
Give me a break. The past is the past.

Gas, Cars, Groceries, Clothes, Restaurants, Taxes and the list goes on. Everything get's more expensive and less beneficial.

A company is not run based on historical sentiments but up to date requirements and market conditions. Otherwise you mistake a profitable listed company with a charity foundation.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

To further clarify Diamond suite upgrades can be used on Point + Cash Stays. Points + Cash stays will be based upon availability.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to PM us anytime.

Safe Travel
This has completely made my day. It makes so much sense to reward Diamond Members for their true loyalty.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
This has completely made my day. It makes so much sense to reward Diamond Members for their true loyalty.
I agree completely! Three of my biggest wishes for Gold Passport were always C&P, stay credit for award stays, and diamond upgrade for award stays. This announcement means they've really launched all 3 in one - stay credit and diamond upgrades for a C&P stay - this will be a huge benefit for many of us who personally pay for all of our own stays (assuming C&P has decent availability).
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oc2005
I agree completely! Three of my biggest wishes for Gold Passport were always C&P, stay credit for award stays, and diamond upgrade for award stays. This announcement means they've really launched all 3 in one - stay credit and diamond upgrades for a C&P stay - this will be a huge benefit for many of us who personally pay for all of our own stays (assuming C&P has decent availability).
Had lunch with a good Flyer Talk Friend today.. and I listed off the reasons you've listed verbatim. Kind of eerie.

I only want to stay at hotels in suites, and being a long time FPC member, I'm used to paying the base Fairmont room rate and upgrade into a suite. I receive very few free nights with Fairmont, and I'm a paying customer for the past 10 years. We can combine free nights with suite upgrades with Fairmont. Most of the time, the hotels don't redeem suite upgrades. I was left with 1 suite upgrade last year, after conducting 55 nights at Fairmonts.

With the Hyatt Diamond Status, I was only planning to pay the base rate, and suite upgrade. The points were just extra fodder in my mind. Plus, there are hardly any Hyatts where I live, and can't drive to Hyatts in the province of Alberta. I have to fly out to stay at Hyatts.

But now, the points actually have some value! I can get stay credit, and use DSUs on C+P.^^

To tell you the truth, and I said this to my Flyer Talk friend over Thai Buffet today.. I'm glad the free loaders got enhanced a bit.. as a paying Hyatt customer, perhaps I'll get more availability. I only mean for the cc churners that apply for the Hyatt and Sapphire cc holders.

No Hyatt or Sapphire cc with ability to redeem Hyatt free nights available in Canada.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Will cash and points be offered for Hyatt Vacation Club properties?
I still haven't seen a definitive answer on this. Can someone please clarify?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
The question to the Gold Passport Concierge still remains:

The same availability as the regular awards, aka Standard Room Availability? Because that is the only question we are trying to get an answer on here.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:15 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by moulder3
I still haven't seen a definitive answer on this. Can someone please clarify?
Hello,

The points + cash is not valid at Hyatt Residence Club Resorts, MGM Resorts, Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Zilara.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:16 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by ringbahn
The question to the Gold Passport Concierge still remains:

The same availability as the regular awards, aka Standard Room Availability? Because that is the only question we are trying to get an answer on here.
Hi,

The Points + Cash is based on availability. Each hotel category will have a set number of points and cash value it requires to book a room. Diamond suite upgrades will still apply, if available.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi,

The Points + Cash is based on availability. Each hotel category will have a set number of points and cash value it requires to book a room. Diamond suite upgrades will still apply, if available.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
I'm finding "free night" award inventory however the customer service agent says that there is no cash and points availability. Strange one would think that award rooms and cash and points would come out of the same inventory.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:05 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
I'm finding "free night" award inventory however the customer service agent says that there is no cash and points availability. Strange one would think that award rooms and cash and points would come out of the same inventory.
Typically in most programs cash and points comes out of a more limited pool of inventory not standard room availability.

Though SPG was one of the first to make this popular they lost much of my revenue business allowing many of the hotels to play dirty pool
by letting the hotels decide to load inventory or not
There are hotels like Sheraton JFK (not a good hotel by any means)that simply pulled most of their inventory for up to a year at a time
Unfortunate but the reality. Yet for example the Sheraton near La Guardia always had cash and points year round readily bookable.

Its too early to see ultimately if Hyatt will manage this better and make it fairer for their customers.Historically they have
In my own thoughts to make a program work there should be a minimum amount of rooms set aside by percentage that hotels are required to release
Otherwise the inconsistency damages the integrity of the programs and its very credibility as well as trust of the customer

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 7, 2014 at 10:32 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:38 am

Hi guys, has anyone successfully used c+p to book at Hyatt Place Waikiki? I tried to, but one rep told me that the hotel hasn't updated the system and the other rep said no availability. I'm not sure who was right.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by lz80521
Hi guys, has anyone successfully used c+p to book at Hyatt Place Waikiki? I tried to, but one rep told me that the hotel hasn't updated the system and the other rep said no availability. I'm not sure who was right.
I have just looked at a few dates in July '14 and the HP Waikiki isn't even returning My Elite Rates, let alone C+P.

The HR Waikiki is returning My Elite Rates, C+P and Points (20,000 for Waikiki View room)
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:48 pm

Hyatt do we have any idea when C&P will be integrated into the Hyatt.com booking system or at least so we can see availability online?

Has anyone else found a tell tale way to see if C&P is available? I figured if the My Elite rate was available then there was a good chance C&P would be too, but that is not the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.