Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by christianj
Not happy with the Hyatt changes either but if you are trying to say that with SPG you can book a AAA rate and then use your suite upgrades....that is simply not true....wish is was but it isn't.
It absolutely is true. I also have used them on pay birth year promo
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by lalala
I wonder what took so long? I am not happy but I think it's fair. Fewer people redeeming means more open rooms for folks with decent point balances.
more rooms for credit card nights.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Not happy with the Hyatt changes either but if you are trying to say that with SPG you can book a AAA rate and then use your suite upgrades....that is simply not true....wish is was but it isn't.
then you obviously have zero experience with spg sna.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by etsmyers
I am, I am tired of being bullied. The prime benefit (4sug) you have to pay rack. No other chain does that.
you do not have to pay rack to use Suite Upgrades for Hyatt... why do people post such ridiculous comments simply in the interest of ranting? They can be used on most points earning reservations.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
you do not have to pay rack to use Suite Upgrades for Hyatt... why do people post such ridiculous comments simply in the interest of ranting? They can be used on most points earning reservations.
Sorry, meant to say using POINTS for a suite upgrade needed to be at rack
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
The value of chasing hotel loyalty keeps getting lower and lower. I'll use CC signup bonuses and still accrue when I happen to stay somewhere. But focusing on loyalty to a particular chain is much harder for me to justify personally, than even airline loyalty anymore.

Not saying Hyatt's deval is the worst one lately, but it just piles on top of all the others. Though at least with Hilton, Marriott, IHG there are more choices worldwide than Hyatt's more limited footprint.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by price123
Biggest problem for me is the 6000 point per night for a suite. When it's 3000 point for club room, I really feel it should be 3000 point per night for diamond members to a suite (although preferred the 6000 point total).
My thoughts exactly when i first read about the changes this morning! Diamonds already get the benefits of club access so if hyatt really want to pursue this avenue they should make it at 3k per night. Furthermore at those rates they should allow to upgrade every stay.

Originally Posted by price123
Maybe it's time to use our points for 5 months in cat. 1 hotel (would save a ton on rent!).
There are a few very nice cat 1 hotels remaining!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by synd
There are a few very nice cat 1 hotels remaining!
Yeah, one huge difference between Hyatt and especially Hilton is that even some of the Cat. 1 hotels at Hyatt are actually really nice hotels (and not Hampton Inn dumps).
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:12 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FD1971
777, com´on

The new charts are already on hyatt.com (by all standards, one of the most inferior major travel websites) , so one can hardly speak of a ´very noble advance heads up.´

Judging from a legal perspective, I do not think that it is possible anyway these days with Hyatt being a public company.
Ok Nobility removed and 30 lashes
I meant reservation agents were last in the notification along with us and those who received the email
Management was officially briefed weeks ago.I was pretty tired when I babbled on very late last night and taking it all in
As for me I didn't even receive the email notification.Official Hyatt reason I am on the do not email list
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
then you obviously have zero experience with spg sna.
I have experience and have redeemed them both for Standard rates and award stays. Option to redeem SNAs on AAA and Corporate rates have never been given. Back to the Hyatt topic at hand now.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I have experience and have redeemed them both for Standard rates and award stays. Option to redeem SNAs on AAA and Corporate rates have never been given. Back to the Hyatt topic at hand now.
I have redeemed them on corporate rates as well. Not sure about AAA rates, but if it works on corporate rates and award nights, I don't see why it wouldn't on AAA.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
As for me I didn't even receive the email notification.Official Hyatt reason I am on the do not email list
Did they send out e-mail notifications of this? I certainly did not receive any, and I know I'm not on the 'do not email' list, since I get every other ad for places I'll never go to.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by johnep1
BTW - Hyatt GP is my preferred program and it will continue as such. These changes are not fun, but the program is still a good one in my opinion.
After the next shoe drops with another devaluation next year in the Hyatt program, will the opinion remain about it still being a good program? It has become an average program IMO.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Normally they first share with the bloggers, then post here and eventually e-mail. This time they skipped the first step, but I assume we will get an e-mail in 1-2 weeks.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
I just got the email.

Looks like every year around his time all the airline and hotel reward programs have a competition to see which program can devalue the most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.