Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
This sucks but thanks for the heads up. Just booked PH Vendome for the anniversary trip in August. May have to look into PH Milan before the rates go up.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO the feature to pay points once and get the confirmed suite upgrade for multiple days was very generous, but the severe downside was the rate required. Now that it's points per stay, being allowed to use other rates, such as with Diamond suite upgrade certs, would seem fair.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Those changes would be perfectly fair and well acceptable if there was just the new award chart for cat 1 to 6. But that plus the creation of cat 7, it is a huge devaluation... From 22k to 30k in one shot ?? Really sucks. No way the price inflation could explain that.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I don't think I can handle any more devaluations.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
50% increase for free nights is a blow. They could make these changes less hurting by increasing the bonus points for Diamonds. At least the Diamond Suite Upgrades are now better than ever...

Looks like Hyatt is doing very well financially:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0IK4B720131030
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Sad to see Hyatt screw around with yet another new award category but to be honest that was to be expected.

The only thing that really effects me is the Park Hyatt Tokyo Devaluation. The other newly designed C-7 are (IMHO) overrated properties anyway.

Then there are some changes that are really a joke given the quality of the individual hotel: GH Jakarta, HR Perth, Andaz West Hollywood.

The Hyatt Regency Incheon goes down 1 Cat and the other Seoul City Hotels seem to be untouched which keeps me happy.

Glad I used all my points now, maybe I have enough left for 1 night. The rest is burned, close to a million in 3 years. Once again I say that the philosophy of those who continue to stock up their point will bite them in the rear end. Points are not an investment or savings account. Burn baby, burn! ^
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Quite painful. I have 1 more night to requal for diamond next year, which I will do. Next year, all bets are off since most of the travel redemptions we do are aspirational.

Wish hyatt would do something more for CC holders and/or make award stays count towards requalification.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:47 pm

Hyatt visa cancel?

If i cancel my Hyatt card when my AF is up next month, can i still use the free anniversary night or does that have to be used before i cancel?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
with the yen being so devalued, using points at PHT would be a waste. My question is, where is PH Maldives... why no category change? Are they going to leave it at 6, or take it out of points altogether?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by transconsan
Here's the breakdown. .......

Cat 1 - no change
Cat 2 - STD: ~14% CLUB: ~20% SUITE: ~8%
Cat 3 - STD: 0% CLUB: ~13% SUITE: ~11%
Cat 4 - STD: 0% CLUB: ~17% SUITE: ~4%
Cat 5 - STD: ~11% CLUB: ~23% SUITE: ~19%
Cat 6 - STD: ~14% CLUB: ~22% SUITE: ~21%
Cat 7 (vs old cat 6) - STD: ~36% CLUB: ~44% SUITE: ~45%
The cat 7 is not a surprise but very unwelcome. The changes to Cats 5 and 6 are very disappointing. We knew this would come with the credit card.....

Last edited by Renard; Nov 10, 2013 at 10:21 pm
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:09 pm

boo...
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Here's the reality of it.

Imagine 10 years from now..

Imagine that this occurs every 2 years...

Top Hotels now require 36% more points or we can think of it as our points are worth only 73% of their value after a deval like this....

So imagine 10 years from now with 5 more devals.... of this magnitude.

That would mean our points go down 5x in value over 10 years of saving enough up to make a meaningful redemption. Try to get enough points over time to keep up with that ...... Crazy for the average person.... A scam....

Or we can look at it as redemptions cost 4.7 times as much.

I'd like to see if I can dig up past devaluations across programs but I feel they are increasing drastically over the last 4 years and programs will loose their marketing value over the next 5 years or so at the rate its going....

Its a shame that companies can't manage their programs effectively enought to maintain a reasonable value in miles or points that people earn over time....

The very value companies get out of these programs will die out with the rate they are devaluing them. Very short sighted in my opinion.

What AA once said about how hooked people get on points will get killed just as they did for a couple rewards programs that existed long ago but got killed off by CFOs looking for the return of the day. I guess they don't care a hoot about the value of maintaining loyalty.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
For reference here were the last couple times Hyatt devalued:

2010: Created cat 6
http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytrave....ErRvZCzM.dpbs

2012: Minor deval
http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...roperties.html

I notice each time they've increased the grace period between announcement and initiation date. I think it's a fair devaluation but what hurts the most is the upgrade a paid stay with points increase. It was my favorite way to stay at Hyatt
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:38 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Understandable in a way for putting some PH in the new Cat.7 but still.... ouch!

Yeah PH Maldives smells fishy... I wonder if it has another surprise under preparation.

Better book it now for next year before it....
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
HR Louisville a Cat 4??

This deval does not affect me that much... However with points so easy to achieve this is not unexpected....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.