Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club

This is the First of the new Ziva (family-friendly) brand to open - accepting reservations for 11/1 - Website is www.loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html - facebook page. It is located near San Jose del Cabo, just up the street from the new Hyatt Place.

Looks like Points reservations will be available after 11/1 - diamond desk had no info as of yet regarding suite upgrades or point levels.

About the rooms - "Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos offers 619 spacious junior, one and two bedroom, swim up, premium ocean view and presidential suites featuring exquisite and sleek interior designs, hand-made furnishings and designer amenities."

Entry level rooms (junior suites) are 550 square feet.

Eventually they will have 8 restaurants (2 buffet), 6 bars, kids club for ages 4+ and, most importantly, a swim-up bar.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Great News!

I am very interested in this resort. I would be very interested in:

Redemption Level and Diamond amenities.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
I am very interested in this resort. I would be very interested in:

Redemption Level and Diamond amenities.
I too am interested in visiting this property...perhaps for an anniversary trip with my wife next summer.

Looks like we should find out on November 1st how many points we'll need to redeem for free nights. I would imagine that Diamond members will receive upgrades to larger rooms (when available), and probably an upgrade to their Club Premium Plan that they describe on their website under their all-inclusive description. But, I suppose we'll find out soon enough as soon as somebody visits the property after the 1st.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I love how they include a photo of El Arco in the activities section. That is in the other Cabo.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What category, how many GP points?
Awards are not showing up so far.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
We should be able to find out very soon. This is what it says on the website:

Hyatt Gold Passport award redemption will not be available until November 1, 2013 for Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by azepine00
From the website:
Hyatt Gold Passport award redemption will not be available until November 1, 2013 for Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.
I'm guessing they are still working on it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Spoke to the hotel front desk - they will be operating as the Barcelo until Nov. 1, at which time, they will be changing over reservation systems and operating as a Hyatt. Sounds as if this will be an ongoing transition, and there may be very little that "says Hyatt" at first.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
From the website:

I'm guessing they are still working on it.
Looks like it will be 20k points for up to two people and 10k points per person beyond 2 people up to the maximum occupancy of the room.

Source: http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/....YMHjfMzR.dpbs
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:59 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Looks like it will be 20k points for up to two people and 10k points per person beyond 2 people up to the maximum occupancy of the room.

Source: http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/....YMHjfMzR.dpbs
That's the current word, though a few hours before that I was told that the points rates weren't impacted by the number of people, so hopefully we will see it all laid out in official black and white soon!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:18 am

Appears to be official now:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...-benefits.html
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:29 am

20,000 points for a free night seems like a good deal for a couple of people...not so good of a deal if you bring the kids along and have to shell out 40,000 points per night, however. If you're planning on taking the family, you might as well pay the going rate and save your points to use elsewhere.

I think I'll use some points and take my wife on a long weekend stay for our anniversary next year. 60K points for a nice 3-night all-inclusive getaway seems like a good idea to me!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by carnalismocc
20,000 points for a free night seems like a good deal for a couple of people...not so good of a deal if you bring the kids along and have to shell out 40,000 points per night, however. If you're planning on taking the family, you might as well pay the going rate and save your points to use elsewhere.

I think I'll use some points and take my wife on a long weekend stay for our anniversary next year. 60K points for a nice 3-night all-inclusive getaway seems like a good idea to me!
I agree that this is a good deal for 2 people. It looks like double occupancy costs $300-500 for most nights, so definitely a good use of points in most cases. Heading to Cabo with the inlaws next spring. We were thinking about staying at the Hilton, but may change our plans now.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:59 am

I agree that this is a good deal for 2 people. It looks like double occupancy costs $300-500 for most nights, so definitely a good use of points in most cases. Heading to Cabo with the inlaws next spring. We were thinking about staying at the Hilton, but may change our plans now.
Yeah, just checked rates for our anniversary weekend dates, and it looks like $320.00 per night is the lowest rate available per night. That's not bad, but since I have enough points, might as well save myself some cash.

We've actually never been to the Cabo area, so this new Hyatt option just makes it easier to go and check it out.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnalismocc
Are kids counted as "extra person"? If so from what age?
Perhaps GP concierge can clarify this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.