Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by slm9555
what do you recommend (best value and reliable) for transportation round trip for 2 from the airport to the hotel?
We used the Cabo Shuttle Services for $55 (for a suburban holding 7 people - water, beer, etc.). I think $55 seems to be the going rate for private shuttles.

Going back to the airport, we just had a mini-van taxi take us for something like $40.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
We used the Cabo Shuttle Services for $55 (for a suburban holding 7 people - water, beer, etc.). I think $55 seems to be the going rate for private shuttles.

Going back to the airport, we just had a mini-van taxi take us for something like $40.
That sounds pretty reasonable. I called the hotel and their transportation partner charges $28 per person for roundtrip in a shared van. I might just do this to keep everything with the hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks

Other
- Do visit the "club" lounge for self-pour PREMIUM drinks including a full tequila bar
- Do tell the bartenders your want PREMIUM drinks or else you get the crapper shots mixed into your drinks.
- Do make reservations at the restaurants if you are on the PREMIUM package or diamond member if you are planning to go to dinner between 7 and 8pm.
Does a Club room constitute 'premium package' sans status? Meaning, does a Club room guest get to make dinner reservations or is that solely for Diamonds, etc.?

Last edited by Ripper3785; Jul 26, 2017 at 1:45 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:40 pm

Will Hyatt allow me to book the room using awards if I am going in a party of 4 (2 adult, 2 boys (14yr and 12yr) . If not, is there an option to pay for the additional head count?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ponickka
Will Hyatt allow me to book the room using awards if I am going in a party of 4 (2 adult, 2 boys (14yr and 12yr) . If not, is there an option to pay for the additional head count?
My understanding is that credit card award nights (from the old sign-up bonus) allow for up to 4 people in the room at no extra charge. In contrast, standard awards (20,000pts per night) include up to two people in the room, and extra occupancy above that is 10,000pts per person. So, if you are booking standard awards using points, it would be the same cost to you (40,000pts per night) whether you wanted to book one room with four people or two rooms with two people each.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
So, if you are booking standard awards using points, it would be the same cost to you (40,000pts per night) whether you wanted to book one room with four people or two rooms with two people each.
Which is someone insane and you should always book two rooms when using points rather than cramming four people into one room for the same amount of points.They have plenty of adjoining rooms.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:00 am

I am planning to use the free (2) nights from Hyatt CC, so was hoping to pay for an additional guest (5th) instead of booking additional rooms using rates/points.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:36 pm

Considering the shootout that just recently happened in Cabos where 3 people died, is it safe to visit the hotel at this point? I have reservations in September and I'm starting to have second thoughts about this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Arriving Sept. 11 and the rates have gone up since the shootout. You really should not go if the shooting stuff is a concern. Poisoning the booze is another matter. Will limit the drinks to beer and wine.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Tell me this is nonsense?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Quick update - full review shortly.

Overall good all inclusive.

Booked into ziva suite. Got king ocean view. Large room.

Globalist get - black bands now - exclusive to Hyatt employees and globalist / cc (met a few hyatt folks on site) - this entitles you to premium liquor dinner reservations and club (same as before)

Spa is discount of 15% - access was told to be inclusive however spa guy didn't know
French restaurant probably the best sit down.
Schwarma tacos at adult bar best snack/lunch
Coco loco is just okay. Lots of kids.

Overall pretty similar to previous reviews on new program. One note I was not offered a late checkout.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

How is the beach here? Thinking about booking but I prefer a good swimming beach. Is the hotel on one or do we need to take a bus to get to one?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Can't help but ask...is there anything different since people were pretty much shooting in the lobby? More security or something??
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1
How is the beach here? Thinking about booking but I prefer a good swimming beach. Is the hotel on one or do we need to take a bus to get to one?
Not really a swimming beach. Can wade out to knee and waist deep, but the waves are big and the undertow is strong.

Would really only recommend swimming there if a very strong swimmer.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by melroseman
Can't help but ask...is there anything different since people were pretty much shooting in the lobby? More security or something??
The US just issued (yesterday) a travel warning to Mexico :
https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...l-warning.html

This includes the Cabo area and Cancun area

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.