Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:07 pm

Any possible upgrades with platinum or diamond?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dajoip
Does anyone know what Hyatt Zilara's policy is for guests after their noon check-out? Most all-inclusives I've encountered have no problem with guests enjoying the property after check-out, up until the time they have to depart, but I wouldn't want to make this change unless I knew for sure how they deal with this. Thanks in advance!
When we stayed there, they gave us a "checkout slip" on the last day that enabled us to still enjoy the restaurants etc. after checkout.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sensei
When we stayed there, they gave us a "checkout slip" on the last day that enabled us to still enjoy the restaurants etc. after checkout.
Any idea how long that slip was good for? Could we use it until the end of the day and take off pretty late?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Hilton Gold
Currently staying in a Presidential Suite.. Room is nice. Only issue was that the a/c unit was leaking pretty well on the tile causing a nice slick spot on day 1. Maintenance addressed the leak promptly.

Recommend setting up a reservation prior to your arrival for any restaurants that you really wish to try. I played the "I'm a Diamond and paying for your most expensive room" card but was unable to confirm a res for the Chef's table when we arrived. Concierge called the morning of day 2 and advised that a res was secured for night two.

Staff is very courteous - hotel crowd is older - no kids running around

Last edited by AATravelGuy; Mar 13, 2014 at 11:33 am Reason: Topic Change
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by dajoip
My wife and I are staying 4 nights at the end of March at this property - very excited for it! However, I’ve never felt that staying the last night at an all-inclusive is really worth it, when you're taking off so early the next morning, and our departure for the airport will be at 5AM. Up until today, I never realized that there was a Cat. 2 Hyatt only 4 minutes away! However, because our stay is only for 4 nights, I wouldn’t want to switch our last night to the Regency unless I knew that we could stay at the Zilara past check-out and into the evening, and then head over to the Regency overnight for our early morning departure.

Does anyone know what Hyatt Zilara's policy is for guests after their noon check-out? Most all-inclusives I've encountered have no problem with guests enjoying the property after check-out, up until the time they have to depart, but I wouldn't want to make this change unless I knew for sure how they deal with this. Thanks in advance!
What a genius suggestion! We are planning a trip with our Hyatt free nights and I'm definitely going to do this. 2 nights at Hyatt Zilara and an overnight at a cheap place nearby. I have points with different programs so can use those.

By the way, does anyone know if Zilara offers non-motorized watersports like kayaking, snorkelling equipment, etc? I know many all-inclusives do but don't see it on their website.

I'm debating between Zilara Cancun and the soon-to-open Ziva in Rose Hall, Jamaica. Jamaica is easier for flights (Southwest) but Ziva Rose Hall is not due to open until November 2014 and I have to use my free nights by end of 2014 (worried getting the free night will be complicated and time-consuming). Also, I heard Zilara Cancun has a much nicer beach.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
We were there just 3 weeks ago also using free credit card nights. We had stayed at the Hyatt Regency up the beach for 4 nights and then went to the Westin Laguna Mar down the beach for a week with our kids. The 2 nights at the Zalara were bliss except that we had a room on the 4th floor that was off of the grand entry hall. while lovely and the venue for nightly entertainment, the noise from the hall in the evening was just too much! If you go out in the evening it would not be a problem, but we go to sleep early and the music went on until late.
The food was great and my husband loved the scotch dispenser in the mini bar, all free of course. The buffet was full of delicious local and international food and they will make you anything. At the out door restaurant by the beach ask for shrimp cocktail and they will bring you huge shrimp or ceviche , we love them both and you can also get them by room service. After check out you can use the slip of paper they give you to enjoy all food and facilities until you leave the property. I had the room only till 2pm even though I have been diamond for 12 years.
I think this is one of the best redemptions for the Chase free nights. I had used mine a few years ago at the 5th Ave Andaz had the Splash suite. I sure will miss those free night awards!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:31 pm

My wife and I are heading down to the Zilara next week and it's our first time to Cancun or an all-inclusive. I have 2 questions:

What do you tip? and what is the dress like outside of the beach/pool areas? Are people really dressed up much or is it just like any beach area, really casual unless in the nicest restaurants?
Old May 4, 2014, 6:40 am

Does anyone know if you can use the points + cash option to book a room at the hyatt zilara and if so how many points +cash is it per night ? Thanks
Old May 4, 2014, 6:48 am

Tipping is optional, however a couple of bucks for drinks and food is appreciated. Dress is casual, jeans and a nice shirt are fine for any of the restaurants. Shorts are also ok for most of them
Old May 12, 2014, 11:40 am

My wife and I are staying in June. Other than the hotel arranged transportation to/from airport, what are the better/cheaper options? Also, what are your experiences for those that have used the hotel arranged transportation? I believe is cost $108usd total for up to 6 people round trip? Thank you
Old May 13, 2014, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by fly35
Does anyone know if you can use the points + cash option to book a room at the hyatt zilara and if so how many points +cash is it per night ? Thanks
You cannot
Old May 16, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
any idea if (lifetime) diamond members get automatically upgrade to Club Premium when booking with points ?
Old May 19, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by jaysunk2
My wife and I are staying in June. Other than the hotel arranged transportation to/from airport, what are the better/cheaper options? Also, what are your experiences for those that have used the hotel arranged transportation? I believe is cost $108usd total for up to 6 people round trip? Thank you
I used transportation directly through the hotel before arriving, but once I arrived, I had to triple check to be sure someone would be there to drive us the morning of our departure. It worked out though. $108 is the price. When you exit the hotel terminal, the hotel's vehicles were directly ahead at the end of strip of transport vehicles, on the left. Look for black Lincoln Navigators with HYATT ZILARA in gold lettering. They look pretty slick actually. You will be asked many times on the way there what company you're looking for, be prepared to be misunderstood, as "Zilara" sounds a lot like "Solera" if your accent isn't perfecto.

I did find plenty of other places that seemed to be under $60 roundtrip, but it seemed easier to me to use the hotel. I might've been lazy.

Last edited by 8fingeredflyer; May 19, 2014 at 7:58 pm Reason: added more info
Old May 24, 2014, 4:53 pm

I booked private car to/from Hyatt Zilara through Cancun shuttle for $70 RT
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone used Hyatt Check Certificates at this property? Also has anyone paid for an upgrade from a points room to a swim up suite and if so how much were you charged?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.