Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:40 am

Can I upgrade the paid nights even though booked through Ultimate Rewards?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:03 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Can I upgrade the paid nights even though booked through Ultimate Rewards?
Probably no - point upgrades only work with Hyatt Daily Rate (possibly for an upgraded room since this is a resort) - your rate is probably considered a discount rate.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Unfortunately , you can only upgrade PAID nights with points.
More specifically, only nights paid at the Hyatt Daily Rate.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:57 pm

I beleve tht a diamond is entitled to the best non suite room available at check in right?
So if a deluxe ocean view room is available for sale, would that be th room that a daimond member gets? Assuming its a slow week.

Also, do they have wrist bands for pool access like the other resorts?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:24 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hqly2001

Also, do they have wrist bands for pool access like the other resorts?
Ummm, no. Thankfully. I would refuse to wear it.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Ummm, no. Thankfully. I would refuse to wear it.
I guess its due to the fact that the pool isnt nice enough for people to want to crash?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I guess its due to the fact that the pool isnt nice enough for people to want to crash?
Hardly.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Probably more due to the fact that it's a boutique hotel, and the staff knows who is staying there?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club

Just got done with 3 nights at the property. I booked with C&P and used a DSU to upgrade to the Andaz suite. It appears that all of the suites are on the ends of the property, but being a boutique hotel, it's only a 5 min MAX walk to go anywhere. My quick impressions:

-Rooms are fantastic. My only complaint would be that the couch is not very comfortable.
-Staff is extremely friendly and top-notch
-Breakfast is better than any other hotel I've been to

There are still a few growing pains. For example, the elevator in our wing was out periodically. In addition, we were supposed to receive an Andaz water bottle, but they were out. I had also inquired about flip flops as I heard each guest receives a pair for free. Again, they were out and I actually had forgotten mine at home so they would have come in handy. Oh, well.

The pools are nice and as another poster mentioned you don't feel like you need to rush out to get a chair like you might at some other resorts. We have stayed at the Grand Wailea on two other occasions and this is definitely a different vibe. There were a few kids, but they mainly stuck to the lowest pool which can be waded into. My wife and I agreed that if we had kids older than 2 or 3 the GW would be a better fit due to the pools, water slides, etc.

Overall, I was very pleased with our stay and would definitely return.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by lucjos0224
Just got done with 3 nights at the property. I booked with C&P and used a DSU to upgrade to the Andaz suite. It appears that all of the suites are on the ends of the property, but being a boutique hotel, it's only a 5 min MAX walk to go anywhere. My quick impressions:

-Rooms are fantastic. My only complaint would be that the couch is not very comfortable.
-Staff is extremely friendly and top-notch
-Breakfast is better than any other hotel I've been to

There are still a few growing pains. For example, the elevator in our wing was out periodically. In addition, we were supposed to receive an Andaz water bottle, but they were out. I had also inquired about flip flops as I heard each guest receives a pair for free. Again, they were out and I actually had forgotten mine at home so they would have come in handy. Oh, well.

The pools are nice and as another poster mentioned you don't feel like you need to rush out to get a chair like you might at some other resorts. We have stayed at the Grand Wailea on two other occasions and this is definitely a different vibe. There were a few kids, but they mainly stuck to the lowest pool which can be waded into. My wife and I agreed that if we had kids older than 2 or 3 the GW would be a better fit due to the pools, water slides, etc.

Overall, I was very pleased with our stay and would definitely return.
When you book c&p, do you pay additional taxes beyond the 150 cash?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:11 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lucjos0224
It appears that all of the suites are on the ends of the property...
Actually, while there are suites on the ends of each floor (closest to the ocean) there are, in fact, suites in the middle of each floor as well.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Thanks to all who offered advice regarding where to stay with our son. I took a look at the other recommended properties, but think the Andaz is our best choice, especially as the food has received so many accolades from reviewers on this thread.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
When you book c&p, do you pay additional taxes beyond the 150 cash?
Yes - you pay the appropriate taxes on the $150 portion, as well the full resort fee depending on the property.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Actually, while there are suites on the ends of each floor (closest to the ocean) there are, in fact, suites in the middle of each floor as well.
And also on the lowest floors, so you could get suites with no views, which is a little different than what the initial information about the provided suggested.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club

My bill for 3 nights under C&P was $600. So, in addition to the $150 rate you pay another $50/night between taxes and the $30/night valet fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.