Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Just got my bill sent to me from my New Year's stay, found that they had some incorrect charges on my bill. Called and talked to the front desk and they were very quick to adjust it. One thing she did tell me was that as a diamond you can have room service, the person who checked me in said that you couldn't. I asked her to inform the whole staff so that diamond members can enjoy this benefit when they are there.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by janehoya
We are considering the Andaz Maui for our upcoming trip to Maui (we've never been) and we have a 9 year old (he will be when we travel). You mention that there are more kid-friendly hotels. Do you mind sharing which those are in so far as water slides and a kid's play area?
Best choice is Grand Wailea. If you prefer to stay within the Hyatt brand, then Hyatt Regency Maui is probably more kid friendly.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
Just got my bill sent to me from my New Year's stay, found that they had some incorrect charges on my bill. Called and talked to the front desk and they were very quick to adjust it. One thing she did tell me was that as a diamond you can have room service, the person who checked me in said that you couldn't. I asked her to inform the whole staff so that diamond members can enjoy this benefit when they are there.
This is a cool benefit. I wonder if i could order a burger for breakfast instead of breakfast food.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Good to know that front desk can adjust back dated charges. Usually at this point when I find incorrect charges, I would have to inquire with the accounting department (my experience mainly with Fairmont). Dealing with front desk is far more convenient and easier.^
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
They did the same to me, added $100ish and corrected it after calling twice.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
We are considering the Andaz Maui for our upcoming trip to Maui (we've never been) and we have a 9 year old (he will be when we travel). You mention that there are more kid-friendly hotels. Do you mind sharing which those are in so far as water slides and a kid's play area?

Also, how is the beach in front of the Maui Andaz? Is boogie boarding possible?

Thank you.
We walked in the Four Seasons, walked by the Grand Wailea. They both had some pretty extensive slides/play area for kids. I'd take a look at those two hotels if that is of interest to you.

Also, I found the waves in front of Four Seasons to be very calm, compared to Andaz. People were still out and about, but the waves were more rough around Andaz. Adults should be able to handle the waves, but I don't recommend kids. Otherwise, beautiful beach all around.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Vuelos
They did the same to me, added $100ish and corrected it after calling twice.
How does a hotel overcharge by $100? Would you care to share so we don't let them make the same mistake?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishy21
We walked in the Four Seasons, walked by the Grand Wailea. They both had some pretty extensive slides/play area for kids. I'd take a look at those two hotels if that is of interest to you.

Also, I found the waves in front of Four Seasons to be very calm, compared to Andaz. People were still out and about, but the waves were more rough around Andaz. Adults should be able to handle the waves, but I don't recommend kids. Otherwise, beautiful beach all around.
I don't remember seeing Water Slides at the Four Seasons in the many years we've visited the property. Has this been a recent addition.

Fairmont Kea Lani has a water slide and an upper and lower pool for families to enjoy. I quite like Polo Beach that Beach Front Kea Lani as well. Will be interesting to try out the Andaz this year. We still might do a couple nights at Kea Lani.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I don't remember seeing Water Slides at the Four Seasons in the many years we've visited the property. Has this been a recent addition.

Fairmont Kea Lani has a water slide and an upper and lower pool for families to enjoy. I quite like Polo Beach that Beach Front Kea Lani as well. Will be interesting to try out the Andaz this year. We still might do a couple nights at Kea Lani.
The slide is not as big as Grand Wailea, but definitely a dedicated kids play area.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended

The slide is not as big as Grand Wailea, but definitely a dedicated kids play area.
Thanks.. We always walk past the main pool. I actually never observed a kids pool, though we've walked through the hotel many times, through the public areas.

Spago's is an excellent place to dine. We typically stop there once a trip.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:28 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Grand Wailea has essentially a water park for a pool area. It's the best of the bunch for water slides by a long shot.

FS Maui has a tiny water slide at the kids' pool, but it's nothing to write home about. However, FS resorts are great with kids generally, which is why we always return. There's a game room, complimentary kids' club, good kids' options at the restaurants, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
How does a hotel overcharge by $100? Would you care to share so we don't let them make the same mistake?
Didn't initially add $20 tip from dinner, added a charge for breakfast drinks & changed a written off breakfast charge to not written off.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nnn
Grand Wailea has essentially a water park for a pool area. It's the best of the bunch for water slides by a long shot.

FS Maui has a tiny water slide at the kids' pool, but it's nothing to write home about. However, FS resorts are great with kids generally, which is why we always return. There's a game room, complimentary kids' club, good kids' options at the restaurants, etc.
Trying to status match for HH Gold, and do a 2 nighter after our 7 nights at Andaz.. Need to fill a couple nights, before heading to Oahu hitting up Disney Aulani (that is if the deal is still there for Villa come summer0).
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:57 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Just returned a couple weeks ago if anyone is interested in reading my review.

Used a Diamond Suite Upgrade and was less than pleased with the "partial ocean view suite" but finally able to move to a real ocean view suite.

Recommend the suites ending in XX39 or XX40

Really impressed with the breakfast each morning at Ka’ana Kitchen.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer
Just returned a couple weeks ago if anyone is interested in reading my review.

Used a Diamond Suite Upgrade and was less than pleased with the "partial ocean view suite" but finally able to move to a real ocean view suite.

Recommend the suites ending in XX39 or XX40

Really impressed with the breakfast each morning at Kaana Kitchen.
Where was the partial ocean view? From outside?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.