Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Regarding the Diamond Challenge, YMMV whether you will receive stay credit towards GP, or the Diamond Challenge when redeeming free nights. That very well could mean none of your Andaz Maui 5 night stay will count.

If you're on the Diamond Challenge, that means on check-in you shall be entitled to the best room available upon check-in (excluding suites). So if you get your $75 e upgrade, that means you'll likely get the same room complimentary from the hotel for your entire stay.

99,000 points are a lot of points to spend in a suite for 3 nights. You'll have to balance in your mind if that extra 33,000 points is worth upgrading your room to a suite. Its a matter of taste and opinion.

Myself, I would pay the lowest promotional rate and apply a Diamond Suite Upgrade since you'll be on your challenge, and save the extra points for another stay. Its only 6,000 points to upgrade from hyatt daily rate to a suite for up to 4 nights, so for me that extra 33,000 points is like 5 and a half suite upgrades (comparatively speaking, half suite upgrades are not possible).. almost like up to 22 nights in a suite at the hyatt daily rate. A bit expensive points wise for my taste personally.
Originally Posted by suite2suite
You cannot use the 6,000 points Suite Upgrade on the lowest promotional rate.
It has to be on a non-discounted daily rate also known as rack rate.
Just wanted to make it clear.
However it can be the lowest category room.
Per bold, I mentioned Hyatt Daily Rate twice when referencing the 6,000 point suite upgrade. I think we're on the same page here.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Staying at this property from next month with confirmed Andaz Pool Suite upgrade using WAILEA code. Two paid nights and two free nights.

I'm double-dipping on the Discover New Possibilities promo and the diamond challenge.
Would anyone know how many night credits I could receive for the two promos?
Andaz in house reservations agent confirmed that I would get four nights stay credit, but gold passport e-mail representative told me I would only receive the two nights.
Confused.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qmiles321
Staying at this property from next month with confirmed Andaz Pool Suite upgrade using WAILEA code. Two paid nights and two free nights.

I'm double-dipping on the Discover New Possibilities promo and the diamond challenge.
Andaz in house reservations agent confirmed that I would get four nights stay credit, but gold passport e-mail representative told me I would only receive the two nights.
Confused.
Rumor has it that you will receive credit for paid nights for both the promo and status, and no credit for the free nights.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by qmiles321

Confused.
Earlier posts will confirm that you do get credit for all four nights for the promo. It is not a rumor.

As to the challenge, if the nights count for one (the promo), they should count for the other (the challenge). But that's my opinion.

However the information we get from Hyatt is quite often made up by what the agents believe it should be.

It would be very helpful if the diamond line was answered by senior agents so we don't have to ask to be transferred.

I have been told whether you select prompt #1 (reservations) or prompt #2 (customer service) there is no longer a difference.
You might get a well-trained agent or someone who is unable to help you. The worse is when they give you the wrong information.

By the way "all" calls are recorded so if you have a complaint, a manager can listen to the call.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Earlier posts will confirm that you do get credit for all four nights for the promo. It is not a rumor.

As to the challenge, if the nights count for one (the promo), they should count for the other (the challenge). But that's my opinion.

However the information we get from Hyatt is quite often made up by what the agents believe it should be.

It would be very helpful if the diamond line was answered by senior agents so we don't have to ask to be transferred.

I have been told whether you select prompt #1 (reservations) or prompt #2 (customer service) there is no longer a difference.
You might get a well-trained agent or someone who is unable to help you. The worse is when they give you the wrong information.

By the way "all" calls are recorded so if you have a complaint, a manager can listen to the call.
Agree, that the Diamond line would be best served by a dedicated desk.. not patched through to the call centre. That way we can get our difficult questions and details handled professionally.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:36 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but are Diamonds allowed the option of room service breakfast?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Thank you all for the inputs.

Still debating to stay 3 additional nights to receive the extra 15000 points from the Discover promo since the 3 nights come out expensive since I live on Oahu.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You're saying you can purchase 100K GP points for $695? That would change the scope of what we're talking about here. I'm assuming when you say UR, you mean GP points..
Yes 103,475 UR -> GP is about ~$695 if you're manufacturing spend @ an office supply store with a 5X card. Time/gas of course should be considered. This method basically costs you ~$150 a night for a regular room at any cat 6 Hyatt hotel.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:29 pm

FYI. Just called today. Diamond suite upgrade is apply to Andaz Suite Partial Ocean View,not Andaz Suite. seems like 50 sq ft difference
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Hi.

My wife and I love the Hyatt Maui, and have never stayed at any Andaz property, even though there's one in our area (Napa).

How does the Andaz Maui compare to the Hyatt Maui?
Other Maui properties we enjoy are the Grand Wailea, Fairmont Kea lani, and Westin KOR.

Thanks for any insight.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Hi.

My wife and I love the Hyatt Maui, and have never stayed at any Andaz property, even though there's one in our area (Napa).

Other Maui properties we enjoy are the Grand Wailea, Fairmont Kea lani, and Westin KOR.

Thanks for any insight.
Earlier posts will give you all the information you need, especially some great reviews by m0hamed, Ancien Maestro, Mommy Points and photos by LIH Prem among others....

If you have more specific questions in mind, we'll be glad to comment.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Hi.

Thanks for any insight.
Think department store vs. boutique. HR Maui and GH Kauai are both great properties and fit the needs and wants of most visitors. Andaz Wailea is going to be more focused on "experience" and coziness than grand scale. Fine details are considered here from the very planning of the hotel while at the two larger properties the focus is more about general amenities well pleasing to the masses. All properties have great pools but you are not likely to find attentive pool staff and waiters lounging by the GH or HR, during our stay at AW the poolside staff were attentive, friendly, and quick to seek ways for improving you time (unrequested water, offering lotion, setting up additional chairs in a shades area if it looked like a breather was needed from the sun, finding something for the kids to play with...). During my GH stay two weeks prior to AW stay I did what I often do at busy airport lounges and ordered two drinks at a time not knowing if the waitress would make it back before the ice melted.

I love the GH and it will continue to be on our annual Hawaii schedule but I expect to return to AW because it is a great hotel and we do like experience over production.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by jisaac
Think department store vs. boutique. HR Maui and GH Kauai are both great properties and fit the needs and wants of most visitors. Andaz Wailea is going to be more focused on "experience" and coziness than grand scale. Fine details are considered here from the very planning of the hotel while at the two larger properties the focus is more about general amenities well pleasing to the masses. All properties have great pools but you are not likely to find attentive pool staff and waiters lounging by the GH or HR, during our stay at AW the poolside staff were attentive, friendly, and quick to seek ways for improving you time (unrequested water, offering lotion, setting up additional chairs in a shades area if it looked like a breather was needed from the sun, finding something for the kids to play with...). During my GH stay two weeks prior to AW stay I did what I often do at busy airport lounges and ordered two drinks at a time not knowing if the waitress would make it back before the ice melted.

I love the GH and it will continue to be on our annual Hawaii schedule but I expect to return to AW because it is a great hotel and we do like experience over production.
How's the beach there? Which one of the three Hyatt's you've been to in Hawaii has the best swimming beach?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
How's the beach there? Which one of the three Hyatt's you've been to in Hawaii has the best swimming beach?
Best swimming beach for any Hawaii Hyatt?

1) HR Waikiki. It's busy but calm.
2) Andaz Wailea soft sand fairly calm but has possibility for more sea creatures
3) GH Kauai's man-made beach
4) Tie between GH Kauai beach and HR Maui beach - both rocky and lots of waves.

Best swimming beaches in Hawaii are usually hidden and best found by exploring. We found a few over the past couple of years with some favorites on the Big Island where we had the privacy to skinny dip, you know if we so desired.

Of the hotels, AW has the best snorkeling. Directly behind the hotel out maybe 50 yards there was an active and accessible reef.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by jisaac
Best swimming beach for any Hawaii Hyatt?

1) HR Waikiki. It's busy but calm.
2) Andaz Wailea soft sand fairly calm but has possibility for more sea creatures
3) GH Kauai's man-made beach
4) Tie between GH Kauai beach and HR Maui beach - both rocky and lots of waves.

Best swimming beaches in Hawaii are usually hidden and best found by exploring. We found a few over the past couple of years with some favorites on the Big Island where we had the privacy to skinny dip, you know if we so desired.

Of the hotels, AW has the best snorkeling. Directly behind the hotel out maybe 50 yards there was an active and accessible reef.
Does the AW have beach stair laid out in front of the hotels beach? The beach layout is not clear from pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.