Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The hotel is open....
Yes..

Just wondering if booking a suite via diamond upgrade is smooth after the opening.. and the success experienced in booking and getting desired dates?

Size of the suites are comparable to Fairmont Kea Lani. With 2 small kids, its hard to transfer hotels staying only a night or so.. will have to choose place of accommodation. Up to 7 nights on a Diamond Suite Upgrade, or up to 5 nights with an FPC Platinum Suite Upgrade.. although Kea Lani, if I asked could probably match the length of stay of the Diamond Suite Upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:38 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalker's,

This morning, we issued a press release announcing the official opening of Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa. The hotel is the 10th in the Andaz portfolio and marks the first Andaz property to be located in a resort destination.

Andaz Maui at Wailea is situated on the southwestern coastline along Mokapu Beach and features 297 guestrooms and suites, a 14,000-square-foot, full-service spa with an adults-only pool, apothecary retail and a fitness facility, more than 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and two full-service restaurants, including Morimoto Maui by acclaimed chef Masaharu Morimoto.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:22 pm

So I was told the suite I am staying in is an Andaz Suite which is the only "suite" they have. They said this room is bookable using a suite upgrade certificate that Diamond receive.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Milezjunkie
So I was told the suite I am staying in is an Andaz Suite which is the only "suite" they have. They said this room is bookable using a suite upgrade certificate that Diamond receive.
How do the locations of the suites look? Hopefully, they all have the same category view, and the category remains same (doesn't follow fate of GHK). Good that the hotel has one category suite and is bookable to Diamonds.. super plus.^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
So I was told the suite I am staying in is an Andaz Suite which is the only "suite" they have.
I fear Hyatt did not provide you with a correct answer.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:44 am

The suites all appear to be Oceanview or partial. There are some rooms that I was told were suites that have balconies which open directly to a pool. Their Oceanview is somewhat obstructed because of the villas.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire/ Inner Circle
Transportation/parking fees

Just spoke to the hotel about the shuttle fee from the airport to the hotel, which is actually a limo service for $125 each way. Taxi service was quoted as $40 each way, and valet parking for a rental car was quoted as $30 per night.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971
I fear Hyatt did not provide you with a correct answer.
Why's that? More than one person told me this. Where did you hear differently?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by jean9nine
Just spoke to the hotel about the shuttle fee from the airport to the hotel, which is actually a limo service for $125 each way. Taxi service was quoted as $40 each way, and valet parking for a rental car was quoted as $30 per night.
$30 per night for valet!!?? Any cheaper alternative parking options nearby?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:59 pm

A couple other interesting facts about the resort. They have a manager's reception a couple nights a week and have a free cocktail at 5pm each night. They also have fresh fruit out for guests to help themselves to. It is a nice touch.

The resort has FREE self-service laundry. There are three washers and three dryers. Currently they have free laundry detergent and dryer sheets but I'm not sure if they have plans to sell detergent in the future. The laundry machines are not coin-operated so I expect they will always be free. Nobody likes to do laundry on vacation but to have my laundry cleaned while I am lounging at the pool on my last day and then pack nothing but clean clothes I'm happy.

Andaz also has a free shuttle that will drive you 24 hours a day around the Wailea area up to the start of Kihei (they said they go as far as Sorrento's restaurant). The "shuttle" is a brand new Lincoln Navigator SUV. Very, very nice ride.

Andaz gives each guest a personal water bottle. On even number floors there are filtered water stations. The waiters and bartenders are great at filling these up or just refreshing them without even being asked.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Achilles
That rate is pretty standard in the Wailea area at least what I have experienced. They do not have self-parking at this resort. If you don't need a car every day, a cab to the hotel for $40 is pretty good. The nearest car rental to the Andaz that I know of is at the Grand Wailea and the Andaz will drive you right over to get your car.

Last edited by Milezjunkie; Sep 4, 2013 at 11:25 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Why's that? More than one person told me this. Where did you hear differently?
Simply because their website already lists two different suite categories.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
That rate is pretty standard in the Wailea area at least what I have experienced. They do not have self-parking at this resort. If you don't need a car every day, a cab to the hotel for $40 is pretty good. The nearest car rental to the Andaz that I know of is at the Grand Wailea and the Andaz will drive you right over to get your car.
Budget has a location (OG1) right at Wailea Town Centre. Perfect for a one way rental from OGG. ^
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
We use our car daily - we're not hang out at the pool types.

But, $200+ for a week of parking is enough to get me to change hotels.
There must be some parking nearby - hopefully someone can provide an update on their experiences in the weeks to come. I suppose I can take the SUV shuttle to some street parking less than a mile away.

Thanks for the info on the laundry machines - they'll come in handy on a multi-week trip.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Achilles
I consider it acceptable (compared to neighboring hotels) SINCE this property does not have a resort fee, so it's sort of a wash. I recently came back from a stay at the Marriott next door, and they have a $30/day resort fee (which doesn't include internet for those who are not Gold/Plat!) which is inclusive of self parking.

The Hyatt in Maui has a $25/day resort fee + $14/day charge for self parking, so that's even more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.