Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
Yes, we requested and received a mini-fridge in late July 2014 also. Made great use of it as we had bought quite a few options from Costco, stopping there on our way to the Andaz from the airport. For those that are looking to be frugal while still enjoying Maui I highly recommend grabbing some items at Costco or the grocery store before checking in to the hotel.
Where do they put the mini fridge in the room?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
We were in a suite so space was not an issue.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by JetAway
If I remember correctly it was placed by the usual "cooler" at the foot of the bed.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
We were in a suite so space was not an issue.
Did they charge you?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 pm

Been trying to apply points to my stay for a suite upgrade but have not had any luck. Any suggestions? GM contact or just keep on trying repeatedly?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Been trying to apply points to my stay for a suite upgrade but have not had any luck. Any suggestions? GM contact or just keep on trying repeatedly?
No real suggestions, just keep trying. How far out is your stay? I just applied one last week for a stay in late August. I'm not sure what is going on - I was told that no award suites are available but DSUs can be applied- so I went searching and got a BRG approved and applied the DSU.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
No real suggestions, just keep trying. How far out is your stay? I just applied one last week for a stay in late August. I'm not sure what is going on - I was told that no award suites are available but DSUs can be applied- so I went searching and got a BRG approved and applied the DSU.
My stay is in mid December have been trying awhile guess all I can do is persist!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:26 am

Kihei option

Originally Posted by canyonleo
An alternative option to using the hotel valet. If you're doing a stay soon PM me and I'll send you details.
Just got back last night, and the Kihei option worked like a charm. Timed my last walk to the car yesterday, and it took me 9 minutes door-to-door (from room to car). Certainly less time than many self park options in Vegas!

Saved close to $150 (once you factor in tips) - many thanks, canyonleo!

P.s. Got food more than once from Fabiani's in Kihei and Wailea. Reasonably priced Italian fare... and pretty good too!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by john516
Did they charge you?
No charge for us. We were using it for baby milk/food, so that could be a factor...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinerama
Just got back last night, and the Kihei option worked like a charm. Timed my last walk to the car yesterday, and it took me 9 minutes door-to-door (from room to car). Certainly less time than many self park options in Vegas!

Saved close to $150 (once you factor in tips) - many thanks, canyonleo!

P.s. Got food more than once from Fabiani's in Kihei and Wailea. Reasonably priced Italian fare... and pretty good too!
Thanks for letting me know the Kihei option still works I will be trying it out in a few weeks.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:47 pm

We stayed 4 nights at Andaz from 11/17 to 11/21,
1. parking --used canyonleo's "Kihei option" and worked like a charm.
2. diamond suite upgrade -- no go with full points free night, yes with P+C.
3. microwave -- by request, free of charge.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
No P+C in 2015

Was looking to do 4 nights the week before Thanksgiving next year. Points available, but no P+C so I could use a suite upgrade. I emailed the manager and got this reply:

Aloha Mr. XXXXX, Thank you very much for reaching out to me in regards to your question on the points plus cash program.

This rate plan is up to each hotel’s discretion, and at this time we are not offering it for any dates in 2015. I am truly sorry we are not in a position to offer you this plan, and I hope you will still consider staying with us. I would be more then happy to assist in finding the best possible time for you to visit the property, and I very much appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you to the resort Mr. XXXXX, and please let me know how I may be of assistance.

With warm regards,

MICHAEL STEPHENS
General Manager
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by jepiv
Was looking to do 4 nights the week before Thanksgiving next year. Points available, but no P+C so I could use a suite upgrade. I emailed the manager and got this reply:

Aloha Mr. XXXXX, Thank you very much for reaching out to me in regards to your question on the points plus cash program.

This rate plan is up to each hotel’s discretion, and at this time we are not offering it for any dates in 2015. I am truly sorry we are not in a position to offer you this plan, and I hope you will still consider staying with us. I would be more then happy to assist in finding the best possible time for you to visit the property, and I very much appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you to the resort Mr. XXXXX, and please let me know how I may be of assistance.

With warm regards,

MICHAEL STEPHENS
General Manager
Yep, this change was discussed a page or two back. It's unfortunate because of the suite upgrade option with P&C, and hopefully the hotel reconsiders in the future. I likely would not have chosen the hotel without that option being available and I'm sure there are others in a similar position. Maybe they don't care about that, but I'm sure they still make more money on a P&C + DSU customer vs. no customer at all.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by alicemo
We stayed 4 nights at Andaz from 11/17 to 11/21,

2. diamond suite upgrade -- no go with full points free night, yes with P+C.
Welcome to FT !

I'm curious ... were some of your four nights free nights (credit card or points) and others P+C? Because, if yes, did they actually make you switch rooms?

I realize that with the demise of P+C at this Andaz the answer is even more anecdotal than normal; but in general one of my tactics when doing free nights is to front a paid one, in the hope that whatever upgrade goes with that one carries over .... (As though they aren't on to me ... )
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
We just got back from a great vacation - 11/20 through 11/26:

- Used P + C; luckily booked earlier in the year
- No suite upgrades
- Got "upgraded" to an Ocean view king with a rollaway; the room was way too small for my wife and I plus 8 year old; doing it all over again, we have to get a suite - otherwise the narrow bathroom, lack of drawer space are deal breakers. All first world problems
- The downgraded breakfast option was fine for us; really did not miss much from the broader $45 spread. I left a tip a few mornings when the service was great but it never showed up on my final charge
- Service across the resort is exceptional
- The beach and pool areas are wonderful; clean and well kept
- Tried Fabiani's Italian restaurant in Kihei. Good food at great prices
- Ulunani's shaved ice in Kihei was superb
- I would not recommend the Monkeypod - overpriced mediocre food - really poor value

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.